Author Topic: Tracking  (Read 1185 times)

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 5
  • Think before you speak!
    • Taris' Den
Tracking
« on: December 13, 2004, 02:02:24 pm »
Ok, theres these woods next to my house.  Really small actualy, but theres at least 1-2 deer living there. lately i've been going over there and trying to find them, but have only found a few tracks and other signs.  It snowed today, and i was hopeing to go over and track them in the fresh snow, but i am sick.  bla.  I know to stay downwind of them, move quietly, and not to be seen, but is there anything else i can to that will help me get closer the the deer?  I was thinking of putting out salt in the same place for a few days and then waiting for them to come to that, but i dont know if that will work.  And no, i dont intende to hurt them, cause a) there's no hunting inside city limets, and b) i dont want to hurt them!  ^^  Anyway, if you have any advice for tracking etc, tell me, not that i'll see you msg right away, it mght be a week before im back on again..  ><
join us on IRC using mIRC or XChat at irc.furnet.org  #furryteens

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Princess Rei

• FT Founder
  • Candies: 48
Tracking
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2004, 08:34:32 pm »
When you find them, KILL ONE and send me a piece through the mail.  ^_^  I wanna know what deer taste like.

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
Tracking
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2004, 01:50:43 pm »
:twisted:
Taste good.
mmmmm deer steak.
:staffedit-sig:

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Tracking
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2004, 03:35:42 pm »
yea, venison is good, but i cant and wont kill it...  well, im off to track it today..

We are looking for new Half-Ops and Ops to moderate the IRC channel!  Please send applications to me in a PM!

Offline Polaris

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 11
  • Causing cavities with every giggle.
    • Deviantart
Tracking
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2004, 04:35:31 pm »
Good luck.
Remember to just watch.
They are wild animals.
:staffedit-sig:

Offline Simba Wula

• Blue Level
  • Candies: -65493
Tracking
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2004, 08:20:25 pm »
Quote from: Polaris fox

Remember to just watch.
They are wild animals.

Ya be careful around wild animals because they can be dangerous if you saw that video where the hunter got attacked XD

Offline Taris Quickpaw

• Second Life Addict
  • Green Level
    • Taris' Den
Tracking
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2004, 07:56:06 pm »
i've seen sevral videos of hunters getting atacked by deer, not that thats goning to have any impact on my commen sence  =P   No deer trackes were found in the snow, and as i suspected, they actualy live in a narrow strip of woods about 1-2 iles long along the highway.  On the way home today, i saw a doe at the far end of the wooded area, so tracking/catching them will be much harder....