Author Topic: Minecraft!  (Read 19340 times)

Offline Julum

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 8
    • FurAffinity - Julum
  • Fursona Species: Main: Lizard Alt: Western Dragon
Re: Minecraft!
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2014, 09:47:37 pm »
Is it weird that this game creeps me out? I can't play alone, and I cringe in fear if one of those cave ambiance sounds play.

Offline Bluefluffy

• the pink sakura blossom princess of ft ^w^
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
  • I'm scared of my favorite animal... a husky 3:
    • DeviantArt - kon-rocks
    • FurAffinity - lolart
    • Twitter - @glennjohful
  • Fursona Species: a deep sky blue fusky with a green nose *boop* :3
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2014, 05:30:14 am »
Is it weird that this game creeps me out? I can't play alone, and I cringe in fear if one of those cave ambiance sounds play.
hehehe, me too :D there once was a creeper who felt out the and as soon as it touched the ground it exploded, and an otheri heard something so i slowly looked behind me and booom a creeper exploded in my face, i almost had a hartattack o.o
  • Pronouns: anything, but i prefer female pronouns ^^, also no it please :)

FLUFFY

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 118
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
« Reply #62 on: July 25, 2014, 01:05:41 am »
I got back into MC for now and I CAN FINALLY ADD ALL THIS COOL STUFF AND NOT BREAK MY COMPUTER!!!!

Now along with this great success I also am in the process of rebooting my server for a third time, fresh start with latest version!
So far all the plugins work (for me) not sure if permissions will be a pain again but eventually we'll see.

• Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 49
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #63 on: July 25, 2014, 01:39:11 am »
I got back into MC for now and I CAN FINALLY ADD ALL THIS COOL STUFF AND NOT BREAK MY COMPUTER!!!!

Now along with this great success I also am in the process of rebooting my server for a third time, fresh start with latest version!
So far all the plugins work (for me) not sure if permissions will be a pain again but eventually we'll see.

Man I really do wish my computer could support those majestic shaders. *Sigh* One Day.... :fox-;):

And oh god permissions, honestly I can't think of anything I dread more when setting up a plugin build for a server than setting up permissions. It's also the most time consuming part of setting up a server's plugins. I recently had a set up a server with Group Manager due to b-permissions bugging out after 4-5 hours of setting up the permissions for that plugin luckily it wasn't too hard to adapt the permissions from b-permissions to GM. If you need any help with setting up anything or building Spawn I'll gladly lend a hand (although I am Admin on another Server so I will free up some time).
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
« Reply #64 on: July 25, 2014, 02:24:18 am »
-snip-

Man I really do wish my computer could support those majestic shaders. *Sigh* One Day.... :fox-;):

And oh god permissions, honestly I can't think of anything I dread more when setting up a plugin build for a server than setting up permissions. It's also the most time consuming part of setting up a server's plugins. I recently had a set up a server with Group Manager due to b-permissions bugging out after 4-5 hours of setting up the permissions for that plugin luckily it wasn't too hard to adapt the permissions from b-permissions to GM. If you need any help with setting up anything or building Spawn I'll gladly lend a hand (although I am Admin on another Server so I will free up some time).

Yeah I just decided to keep plugins simple because it was a simple screwup that ruined hours of permissions for me.
On other notes I already have a spawn planned out but first I neeed to get the basics up then worry about the world.
  • Site Donor
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #65 on: July 25, 2014, 05:29:33 am »
-snip-

Yeah I just decided to keep plugins simple because it was a simple screwup that ruined hours of permissions for me.
On other notes I already have a spawn planned out but first I neeed to get the basics up then worry about the world.

Honestly simply having Essentials on your server can overburden you with permissions nodes to fiddle through and yet its just err...Essential to have. The Server I work with has around 30 plugins at the moment mostly RP aspects and nothing too overly complicated except for some of our larger more aspiring plugins like Heroes which is so poorly documented and what documentation I can find is painfully out of date  :/.
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
« Reply #66 on: July 25, 2014, 07:24:08 pm »
-snip-

I have stopped using essentials and went with just a few core plugins like BOSEconomy (with vault and mob bounty) a chest shop plugin, rpg trade, mcmmo, and residence for land protection.
  • Site Donor
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #67 on: July 25, 2014, 08:13:21 pm »
-snip-

I have stopped using essentials and went with just a few core plugins like BOSEconomy (with vault and mob bounty) a chest shop plugin, rpg trade, mcmmo, and residence for land protection.
:shock:
Good luck to you but Essentials is pretty important in running a Server without the administration and moderation commands life gets quite bit harder. And the more public access commands like /tpa and /home are sort of demanded as a standard set by most every other server. (All in my opinion of course)

I notice you said your using mcMMO I would recommend taking a look at, we use it on the server I'm admin on since people love both mcMMO and Horses!  :lol-fox::
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/horse-rpg/

I also saw you were using a Chest Shop plugin, I don't know if you'll like this but in my experience with Servers this is the best option for Player owned shops due to it's well balance between user friendly nature and effective shop management  :fox-;):(Ps I know its really out of date but it still works with the latest version of Bukkit):
http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/quickshop/

And finally since from what I've seen lots of people love to form into Towns and this plugin was of course recently updated to 1.7.2 and still functional with the latest version of Bukkit (Although it should be properly configured to allow building in the wilderness among other configurations that should be tended to):
http://palmergames.com/towny/

Hope this helps!
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
« Reply #68 on: July 25, 2014, 09:00:08 pm »
-snip-

I have used towny before but it sure isn't good for small servers. I already do have a warp and home plugin as well.
Most of my plugins are what Vixencraft used which I liked and know how to use.
As for horses I do have a horse plugin installed but I am working on making it work smoothly.
I still want to keep the server rather vanilla other than mcmmo itself.
  • Site Donor
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline Bluefluffy

• the pink sakura blossom princess of ft ^w^
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 18
  • I'm scared of my favorite animal... a husky 3:
    • DeviantArt - kon-rocks
    • FurAffinity - lolart
    • Twitter - @glennjohful
  • Fursona Species: a deep sky blue fusky with a green nose *boop* :3
« Reply #69 on: August 23, 2014, 06:34:06 pm »
i made a server too, but i fail in port forwarding sobits a private server :D. but make sure you have groupmanager, worldguard, worldedit and essentials. it can be very complicted to configure groupmanager and worldguard. you might need antigrief aswell, so creeper or enderman or any other blockdamading mob wont greef anymore ;).
notch torch is a very fun plugin but make sure you cant destroy your world with it ;) cuz you can use nuke with it.
  • Pronouns: anything, but i prefer female pronouns ^^, also no it please :)

FLUFFY

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
« Reply #70 on: August 23, 2014, 07:46:06 pm »
I have made progress on my own.

I eventually stuck on essentials and worldedit+guard.
And you do not need plugins to prevent mobs destroying blocks anymore as of 1.6 I believe where you can use world gamerules by typing "/gamerule mobGriefing false" <- Case sensitive so the "G" needs to be capitalized.
You do however need to do this for every world including nether/end/normal/and any other you have.
As for Residence protection, I had to implement permissions which for some dumb reason, broke the plugin. Residence is mostly dead though as last update was long ago, I liked it however as it was really good and relatively simple compared to typical Towny, that is, unless you actually wanted to make a town but for small servers Residence was better.

Now instead of towny I got a simpler town plugin but it's a bit too simple with no limits on claiming territory size so I leave that to the trust of the members not to abuse it. (not that its that hard to enforce on a small server)

I have kept the currency plugin set (BOSEconomy/vault/mob bounty reloaded) as well as the rpgtrades and chestshop. Added Lockette and horse plugin called Stables. Also changed the backpack plugin to another but essentially working the same. Other than that the rest are basically fun plugins like a health bar for mobs when you attack them, more player models to support those that use the mod's furry skins, and of course mcmmo to be a utility (*ahem* tree feller ability I configured to recharge faster thus you have really no reason to leave a floating tree save for accidentally breaking one of the blocks) and a perk to the game.  Oh, I also added warpsigns but that is just for the spawn for people that don't know how to use the /warp command that I don't have room to place in the spawn explaining. In fact, I couldn't even fit all the rules in my new spawn (old reboot had an awesome and larger one but got corrupt and would corrupt any world I put it into) To fix this I have a plugin to make "/rules" list out a rule sheet. However I have not yet figured out how to make it work so learn as you go for now other than the common sense and stuff written in spawn.

Anyway server not 100% ready yet still testing with an irl friend.
I do have one issue where it disconnects everyone playing (including me) for absolutely no reason every 10-15 minutes or so.
  • Site Donor
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #71 on: August 23, 2014, 08:01:40 pm »
I have made progress on my own.

I eventually stuck on essentials and worldedit+guard.
And you do not need plugins to prevent mobs destroying blocks anymore as of 1.6 I believe where you can use world gamerules by typing "/gamerule mobGriefing false" <- Case sensitive so the "G" needs to be capitalized.
You do however need to do this for every world including nether/end/normal/and any other you have.
As for Residence protection, I had to implement permissions which for some dumb reason, broke the plugin. Residence is mostly dead though as last update was long ago, I liked it however as it was really good and relatively simple compared to typical Towny, that is, unless you actually wanted to make a town but for small servers Residence was better.

Now instead of towny I got a simpler town plugin but it's a bit too simple with no limits on claiming territory size so I leave that to the trust of the members not to abuse it. (not that its that hard to enforce on a small server)

I have kept the currency plugin set (BOSEconomy/vault/mob bounty reloaded) as well as the rpgtrades and chestshop. Added Lockette and horse plugin called Stables. Also changed the backpack plugin to another but essentially working the same. Other than that the rest are basically fun plugins like a health bar for mobs when you attack them, more player models to support those that use the mod's furry skins, and of course mcmmo to be a utility (*ahem* tree feller ability I configured to recharge faster thus you have really no reason to leave a floating tree save for accidentally breaking one of the blocks) and a perk to the game.  Oh, I also added warpsigns but that is just for the spawn for people that don't know how to use the /warp command that I don't have room to place in the spawn explaining. In fact, I couldn't even fit all the rules in my new spawn (old reboot had an awesome and larger one but got corrupt and would corrupt any world I put it into) To fix this I have a plugin to make "/rules" list out a rule sheet. However I have not yet figured out how to make it work so learn as you go for now other than the common sense and stuff written in spawn.

Anyway server not 100% ready yet still testing with an irl friend.
I do have one issue where it disconnects everyone playing (including me) for absolutely no reason every 10-15 minutes or so.

If you can get the error report/stack trace from the console I might be able to help you figure out what's causing that.  :fox-:):
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
« Reply #72 on: August 23, 2014, 08:08:54 pm »
-snip-

If you can get the error report/stack trace from the console I might be able to help you figure out what's causing that.  :fox-:):

Already searched google, its the forcibly disconnected by remote host bug but it seems its another obscure bug that Mojang has failed to fix for a long time. Unlike what most people say with it being a problem with allocated memory for the server definitely not the case for me and the few others that do have the same situation went unanswered (or redirected by incredibly bad tceh support)
  • Site Donor
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #73 on: August 23, 2014, 08:47:47 pm »
I did a bit of research and noticed one common trend in seemingly all reported scenarios of this happening: servers running 1.6.4 bukkit never had this problem until updating to 1.7.2 so I would suggest attempting to update your bukkit to Bukkit Beta 1.7.9 R0.2 which is what  Andromeda (Server to which I am Admin on) has been using. I've never really seen this problem before so I can't offer as much aide as I'd like to.
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
« Reply #74 on: August 23, 2014, 08:55:12 pm »
I did a bit of research and noticed one common trend in seemingly all reported scenarios of this happening: servers running 1.6.4 bukkit never had this problem until updating to 1.7.2 so I would suggest attempting to update your bukkit to Bukkit Beta 1.7.9 R0.2 which is what  Andromeda (Server to which I am Admin on) has been using. I've never really seen this problem before so I can't offer as much aide as I'd like to.

Mine is latest bukkit at the moment, had no problem before on the old reboot of 1.6.4 it apparently happens to non bukkit servers too.
  • Site Donor
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2014, 09:15:08 pm »
  • Pride Flag - asexual

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2014, 09:31:47 pm »
This thread on Spigot at least had an answer of some sort:http://www.spigotmc.org/threads/users-connection-forcibly-closed-by-the-remote-host.18963/

Seen that and they basically say its usually the memory allocation, which I have 4gb put into.
The other thing is backpack plugins to work with 1.7.x so that's also checked off.
Gonna wait for Mojang to actually be more productive and fix the bugs before adding more stuff that will (probably) break the worlds again.
  • Site Donor
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2014, 03:11:57 am »
My younger brother has the disc copy of Minecraft for the PS3, so hopefully now I'll be able to play and experience why so many people like it.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2014, 03:38:10 am »
My younger brother has the disc copy of Minecraft for the PS3, so hopefully now I'll be able to play and experience why so many people like it.
With the console you miss out on all the mods PC gets so I'll admit it's at a disadvantage. But despite that it's still great fun! My, Gaz's and Akio's artwork proves that :fox-;):.

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2014, 10:46:41 am »
With the console you miss out on all the mods PC gets so I'll admit it's at a disadvantage. But despite that it's still great fun! My, Gaz's and Akio's artwork proves that :fox-;):.

I concur, the mods for Minecraft are amazing and dabbling with them provides hundreds of extra hours of gameplay but maybe not all in a single world of course.

Anyway, who else is excited for Minecraft 1.8 on the pc? I personally can't wait to get my hands on all those new blocks but ESPECIALLY those new doors. That  and with the clone command I have every intent to make a working Minecraft Movie theatre for the Atlas Server (Andromeda). Also, for my fellow Admins and Server Owners: What are your thoughts on the whole Bukkit Dilemma? I'm personally glad Dinnerbone is updating it to 1.8 but he said himself it would not become the Modding API, I fear after 1.8 will likely see the release of this Modding API only to learn that bukkit plugins are not backwards compatible thus forcing server owners to hold at 1.8 until the plugins they know and love get ported to the new Modding API or their owner simply abandons them.
  • Pride Flag - asexual