Author Topic: Two Things : Beats Mixr and the Beats Sutdio  (Read 856 times)

Offline Pastel Fenny

• Tattoo artist
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Come and get a ticket follow me to the freak show
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
Two Things : Beats Mixr and the Beats Sutdio
« on: May 24, 2013, 01:17:48 pm »
Ok, I have recently gotten pink beats mixrs and I have got to say, these little bastards are pretty good! They have an on-ear design, are mainly metal, and have a pretty comfortable fit. I am not recommending you do what I did, but these things are loud as hell. They have the signature "beats audio sound quality". The tech specs are:
40mm driver
Gunmetal brushed outer frame
Leatherette padding
A soft/hard shell case
A think, durable cable
Good lows
Great mids
Good highs

Now here is the one thing you will never do, if I find out, i will fire you for being stupid. I tested the durability... by throwing them out my bedroom window, which is two stories high off the ground. The outcome? They put a 1/2 inch dent in the ground ( hard dirt backyard). They looked like hell, mainly cuz they were coated in dirt, which I cleaned out. And they still worked, nothing broke! I got em for 250 on the official website

The Studios
I got these from a friend for free. He didn't want to have them anymore, and he told me to take care of them. So i did.
These things have a huge amount of bass in them. They look badass and sound badass.They have a 45mm driver, and they have these for the specs:
45mm driver
High strength plastic shell
Hardshell case
Leatherette padding, but still softer than the mixrs
Great lows and highs
the mids could use some tuning up though

So, stress test XD
I wasn't in my room that day so i went on a safe....nice....harm free... bike ride.... So, while riding ( about 15 mph on a street ) I "accidentally" dropped them on the concrete. The didn't explode, no matter how entertaining that'd be, they just got scratched to hell and still worked. Beats has inproved their sound quality and durability in my opinion. But my pros will always beat those other headphone beats make. So if they didn't break, that'd be a 550$ loss in my case. Btw I sold the studios for 100$, but I customized them :3 so they lit up and looked sick.

forgot to rate them
Mixrs: 4.6 Kiras out of 5
Studios: 4.3 Kiras out of 5
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:40:33 pm by Panda »
5/8" stretched ears
Septum ring
Suicide prevention tattoo
Coon life yo

Offline Pastel Fenny

• Tattoo artist
  • Yellow Level
Re: Two Things : Beats Mixr and the Beats Sutdio
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 01:28:38 pm »
forgot to rate them
Mixrs: 4.6 Kiras out of 5
Studios: 4.3 Kiras out of 5
5/8" stretched ears
Septum ring
Coon life yo

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2013, 06:51:44 am »
That review is excellent. Nice knowing they stood up to impact after being thrown out of your bedroom window. And that they sound wonderful. :)

Mine are Fischer Audio Consonance, bought for £36 reduced price, and I can't fault them for audiophile quality. But your review is a good backup, because if mine fail, I'll be looking to replace them with yours. Well, not literally, haha. 

Offline Pastel Fenny

• Tattoo artist
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2013, 02:46:49 pm »
That review is excellent. Nice knowing they stood up to impact after being thrown out of your bedroom window. And that they sound wonderful. :)

Mine are Fischer Audio Consonance, bought for £36 reduced price, and I can't fault them for audiophile quality. But your review is a good backup, because if mine fail, I'll be looking to replace them with yours. Well, not literally, haha.

This was after monster and beats split up. The monster ones like exploded o.o, and I got that pair for free. I'll tell ya how if you want  :fox-:):

And if you don't have the money for beats, I know another company hat kicks ass more than Bose, but are tied with beats in my opinion
5/8" stretched ears
Septum ring
Coon life yo

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2013, 05:24:07 pm »
I like Bose, but they are rather overpriced for their branding over here in the UK. Beats the same and they are cleverly priced to within a certain appeal to teenagers. Well, that's what I think. I do like Koss Pro4ATTs which are in my family, but they are heavy cans except their sound is fantastic, I couldn't wear them for longer than an hour. Just love my Fischers, though sorry yours broke.

Offline Pastel Fenny

• Tattoo artist
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2013, 03:45:18 am »
I like Bose, but they are rather overpriced for their branding over here in the UK. Beats the same and they are cleverly priced to within a certain appeal to teenagers. Well, that's what I think. I do like Koss Pro4ATTs which are in my family, but they are heavy cans except their sound is fantastic, I couldn't wear them for longer than an hour. Just love my Fischers, though sorry yours broke.
You are rot on Bose and beats being over priced, and in my opinion the winning brand for the money is Ableplanet headphones. They sound better than Bose and beats
5/8" stretched ears
Septum ring
Coon life yo

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2013, 04:58:39 am »

You are rot on Bose and beats being over priced, and in my opinion the winning brand for the money is Ableplanet headphones. They sound better than Bose and beats

'rot'? What do you mean, 'rot'?  :lol:

I referred to Bose and Beats being overpriced because Dre who had the 'phones designed worked on a clever packaging and pricing structure that would appeal to teenagers - more so than older people given the retail price. Bose and Dre beats may sound good, but their price which is targeted to us teenagers doesn't necessarily justify them to be good value. Comparably, there are other makes whose retail price is much lower and they still sound just as good. For instance, you only have to read customer reviews on Amazon to see why.

Did you save up and buy them? Pay out your hard-earned cash? Or were they a generous gift from parents? I hope the latter. Because if you were working and considered buying Bose or Beats, then you have shopped around for an arguably better and cheaper headphone product.  Like, one which out-perforned yours and others' expectations of those phones by miles only without your being financially fleeced - or be bleating about them here as if they were the next best thing to sliced bread. Or Ableplanet.

At the end of the day, its just an opinion.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 05:01:45 am by Alexxa »

Offline Pastel Fenny

• Tattoo artist
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2013, 01:59:04 pm »

'rot'? What do you mean, 'rot'?  :lol:

I referred to Bose and Beats being overpriced because Dre who had the 'phones designed worked on a clever packaging and pricing structure that would appeal to teenagers - more so than older people given the retail price. Bose and Dre beats may sound good, but their price which is targeted to us teenagers doesn't necessarily justify them to be good value. Comparably, there are other makes whose retail price is much lower and they still sound just as good. For instance, you only have to read customer reviews on Amazon to see why.

Did you save up and buy them? Pay out your hard-earned cash? Or were they a generous gift from parents? I hope the latter. Because if you were working and considered buying Bose or Beats, then you have shopped around for an arguably better and cheaper headphone product.  Like, one which out-perforned yours and others' expectations of those phones by miles only without your being financially fleeced - or be bleating about them here as if they were the next best thing to sliced bread. Or Ableplanet.

At the end of the day, its just an opinion.

Well, I used to be sponcered due to my skating so beats and monster wanted to see how the headphones would compare to my stress. That's how I got the pros, I had to pay 100$ though, but hell I used them to listen to music while responding to you, so they are strong. As for the mixrs, a very generous gift from my parents to me. And I meant to say " you are right" XD
5/8" stretched ears
Septum ring
Coon life yo

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2013, 03:03:55 pm »
Awwe, well my apology for being sarky. And thank you for clarifying everything.  :)