Author Topic: Mobile App?  (Read 944 times)

Offline Jacoven

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
    • Twitter - Bigbosskilla2
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Mobile App?
« on: June 03, 2013, 12:10:14 am »
I think there should be a mobile app for the site.  I sometimes want to check the site when I'm away from my computer, and browsing via Safari on my phone can get rather annoying sometimes.  It would be nice to have a mobile app where you can check everything like normal, but maybe in a simpler layout.
Steam: Bigbosskilla2
Kik: TheLeftNostril
Xbox Live: Bigboss Killa2
PSN: Bigbosskilla3

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Re: Mobile App?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 12:30:10 am »
As discussed extensively elsewhere, a significant re-development of this site is currently underway, and mobile options are a big part of it.  More about it is here:  http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=15368.0

However, you must understand that a custom-built mobile app for ANY website is not an easy or cheap task.  Every mobile platform uses vastly different programming languages and allows different types of access, and every mobile OS can have many different devices with different capabilities.  It's a daunting task for major companies, hence why mobile apps typically only exist on one or two platforms.  For a website that costs money to run, and is built/maintained by one person in her spare time, it's not going to happen.  There will never be an FT-specific mobile app, so PLEASE stop asking for one, everybody.

BUT, there is an existing app, called Tapatalk, which provides what you're looking for, and is compatible with any forum and almost every mobile device platform.  The new version of FT will be Tapatalk-compatible, so you can use that.  We'll also have a mobile layout that scales down to tiny screen sizes.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3

Offline Midnight

• Hakuna Matata - No worries.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 20
  • When pigs fly!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf Thingy.
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 08:23:33 am »
Yay!

Offline astertz

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Free hugs 4 everyone <3
    • FurAffinity - astertz
  • Fursona Species: Tall Wolf
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 02:13:40 pm »
https://tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=smf
Pls install this plugin. I hope this works.
Sorry for my english /.\
Kik: ShyPaw
Minecraft: astertz
Steam: astertz or astertz1

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 11:17:03 pm »
This came up in a more recent thread; we can no longer encourage the use of Tapatalk, and we will not be enabling it here, for everyone's protection.  My most recent post on the subject: 

Is it available on Tapatalk or another Android application?

No, sorry.  We looked into Tapatalk, a while back, but the company has changed considerably since then, and it's no longer a system we're comfortable using.  They always pushed a large assortment of rather sketchy monetization schemes, but since the app went free, this has gotten far worse, and many of their newer privacy-invading features are impossible to disable.  To protect the privacy of our members, we can no longer encourage the use of Tapatalk, and we will not be partnering with them.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3