Author Topic: SpacePilot Pro  (Read 405 times)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
SpacePilot Pro
« on: June 10, 2013, 06:19:00 pm »
If you are seriously into drawing and are interested in furthing it to 3D, this 3D mouse called SpacePilot Pro produced by 3Dconnexion might just be what you're looking for. 

http://www.3dconnexion.co.uk/products/spacepilot-pro.html

My mum uses it with Revit Architecture in her job as an architectural designer. But this 3D mouse has so many applications. Even though I can't draw to save my life, I have to say that I simply love this thing! For CAD users this device is as smooth as silk, enabling you to maneuver any 3D model and continue to work on it at the same time. Mum says her SpacePilot Pro offers a high level of customization. It has 21   programmable buttons.  Additionally, 10 of those buttons have dual   mappings for a total of 31 mapped commands. Well, she's dictating all this schpeal to me as I type and I'm already lost. :oops:  But then, some of you guys might know a heck of a lot more than me. I'm just the messenger in saying this 3D mouse really is quite something woah!

It works on Windows, though not sure if it can be used on a Mac. Its not cheap. But then, if you were really serious and looking for something exotic, then the SpacePilot Pro might be for you. If are a student, then you should be able to get a healthy discount for having a discount card, or whatever you guys have in the US. Have a look on Amazon.com as they've slashed the price, read the reviews and then go dream.  :lol-fox:

Offline The staff is bloody-minded!

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
Re: SpacePilot Pro
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2013, 06:50:38 pm »
I don't think this is all that great. Its not for drawing, but for 3d rendering and what not. I'm sure it would be useful.. Its just the price. You can get along nicely without it really.  :?

It's cool though.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
Re: SpacePilot Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 07:54:24 am »
I don't think this is all that great. Its not for drawing, but for 3d rendering and what not. I'm sure it would be useful.. Its just the price. You can get along nicely without it really.  :?

It's cool though.

Fair enough, I wouldn't expect you want it for everyday drawing, but that's not the point. For rendering 3D objects its brilliant. Today I'm working in mum's ops room using the SpacePilot Pro in conjunction with Revit Architecture software, and this 3D mouse is an absolute WOW!  :lol: