Author Topic: Anniversary Week - Contests  (Read 738 times)

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 586
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
Anniversary Week - Contests
« on: July 02, 2013, 07:32:22 pm »

Contests!

Got some time to doodle? Wanna show off your writing skills? As promised, we're bringing you some contests to allow you to tap into your creative side and win some awesome prizes! We have three categories:

Art Contest
Create an art piece (any media) with the theme "Furry Anniversary/Party"
Upload it to a reliable image hosting site (such as Photobucket or even sta.sh; remember, tinypic is blocked here) but DO NOT POST IT PUBLICLY!
PM your entry to your host Panda (if you cannot PM, post here and we can arrange an alternate form of contact)
Entries are due end-of-day July 6th
On July 7th, Panda will set up a board containing all the entries (still anonymous), and everyone can vote for a winner
Voting closes end-of-day July 8th, with the winner announced once polls are closed
Prizes:
1st - Furaffinity journal shoutouts from the staff and a commissioned piece from an artist of our choosing, "1st place" Award
2nd - Furaffinity journal shoutouts from the staff, drawing donated by me, "2nd place" Award
3rd - Furaffinity journal shoutouts from the staff, "3rd place" Award

-----

Writing Contest
Create a writing piece with the theme "Furry Anniversary/Party"
No minimum/maximum word requirement, but please keep it reasonable. We don't want to have to read novels in this short amount of time!
DO NOT POST IT PUBLICLY!
PM your entry to your host Toranar (if you cannot PM/if your entry is too long, post here and we can arrange an alternate form of contact)
On July 7th, Toranar will set up a board containing all the entries (still anonymous), and everyone can vote for a winner
Voting closes end-of-day July 8th, with the winner announced once polls are closed
Prizes:
1st - Furaffinity journal shoutouts from the staff and a commissioned piece from an artist of our choosing, "1st place" Award
2nd - Furaffinity journal shoutouts from the staff, drawing donated by me, "2nd place" Award
3rd - Furaffinity journal shoutouts from the staff, "3rd place" Award

-----

Photo Contest
Compose a photo with the theme "Furry Anniversary/Party" (can be whatever--a serious photo or just a picture of a scene you have set up with figures, stuffed animals, etc.)
Upload it to a reliable image hosting site (such as Photobucket or even sta.sh; remember, tinypic is blocked here) but DO NOT POST IT PUBLICLY!
PM your entry to your host Crazywolf (if you cannot PM, post here and we can arrange an alternate form of contact)
On July 7th, Crazywolf will set up a board containing all the entries (still anonymous), and everyone can vote for a winner
Prizes:
1st - Drawing donated by me, "1st place" Award
2nd - "2nd place" Award
3rd - "3rd place" Award

-----

Staff will also have the opportunity to give out their own awards (such as "cutest", "most unique", etc.), which may include a prize or just bragging rights
EVERYONE who participates in any of the activities will get a "participation" Award in their signature

That's it!
Please post here if you have any questions, and remember to enter and have fun! You have nothing to lose!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 177
  • STERLING
Re: Anniversary Week - Contests
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2013, 11:35:34 am »
I have an entry for photo but cannot upload. Could I possibly send it via skype?

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 586
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 02:02:35 pm »
I have an entry for photo but cannot upload. Could I possibly send it via skype?

Sure :D I'll let Crazywolf know
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Uncle-Noob

• Am I going to fast for you?
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 42
  • My age exceeds your IQ. . . Significantly.
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 04:42:39 pm »
Press Control+Print Screen and copy it onto MS Paint. Crop it, save it, and email the photo to yourself. Copy the URL when you view and you can post it.
Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!

Middledistancerunner. I managed to save just a little bit of money. You and I can both get jobs, and we'll finally see what it means to be living.