Author Topic: Your taste  (Read 2231 times)

Offline Quin

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • Fursona Species: blue-white Husky
Your taste
« on: July 11, 2013, 07:42:28 pm »
Hello!
I would like to start a discussion about music here. What genre do you like, what do you hate and what do you dont like but tolerate.
Ill start:

I like and listen all sorts of metal.
Also sometimes core or rock of all sorts.

I hate dubstep >:C its not because I dont like computersounds, like techno etc, but I dont like the people that create dubstep and get hiped for it...I mean, even I can make dubstep.

I dont listen to hiphop, but I like the scene and the "dresscode". But I prefer other music :3
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 07:47:23 pm by Quin »
On scope!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Fire!

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
Re: Your taste
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 09:01:19 pm »
My musical tastes fall into three categories:

Progressive Trance where at some club in Brighton you'll find me dancing with friends and family.
Classical/Baroque where at a posh venue I'll dress up to watch a performance of Bach or Chopin,
and Heavy Metal/Rock/Punk, down a moshpit you will find me dancing like crazy loving the band to the point of adoration.
Does anyone do Moshing? You'll have to be extremely fit! And I'm fit alright.  :)

Rap I can't stand; not my scene at all.

Offline Doji Ditzi Mika

• 95% cat, 5% panther, 100%....something
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
  • Flying fish? Things just got real!
    • FurAffinity - DojiDitziMika
  • Fursona Species: Black Housecat (alt. Tiger)
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2013, 01:20:57 am »
I like just about every musical genre I've heard thus far, but some of my favorite are in some way or form a type of electronic music. A small sample of the types of music I like include Colony 5, Hurts, Eiffel 65, Bloom 06, Gabry Ponte, O-Zone, E-type, Evil's Toy, T.O.Y., Royksopp, Bliss Team, and Jeffrey Jey. I think the only exception I've seen so far is dubstep; I still like it, but for the most part I don't like it anywhere as much as many other types of electronic music I've heard, and I don't care for the scene around dubstep.

As for other types of music I like, there's many classic rock bands that I like, and some symphonic/power metal bands. I'm also finding an increasing number of European and Asian pop artists that I like. I also like smooth jazz, but I don't really know any artists (the only ones I know are Hiroshima, Keiko Matsui, and recently Paul Taylor and Eric Darius).

I can tolerate country and American pop, but I rarely find individual songs that I like, let alone artists/bands. I simply just don't like the way they sound (and as another note, every pop song on the radio sounds EXACTLY THE SAME). While I can tolerate those genres, I can't stand hip hop and rap! I find hip hop a bit more tolerable between the two, but I still can't stand either of them! Its very rare for me to find anything in these genres that I can tolerate/like, and songs that I do like usually have some other genre that influences the song.
Crazyville kicked me out for being too eccentric...
                                                                          Where's the sushi!
                                                                                                           Sparkly Glitter Sunshine Dance Time!

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2013, 01:32:04 am »
I mean, even I can make dubstep.

I challenge you c:<

I can tolerate country and American pop, but I rarely find individual songs that I like, let alone artists/bands. I simply just don't like the way they sound (and as another note, every pop song on the radio sounds EXACTLY THE SAME).

I couldn't possibly agree with this more!

Anyways the main genres of music that I enjoy are rock, electronic, metal, and classical.
I could list a whole bunch of sub-genres and be more specific, but that takes forever and quite a few of them overlap, so it's pretty much pointless. A few of the more rock oriented bands/artists that I would consider my top favorites are in my siggy.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Cookies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2013, 01:56:22 am »
Okay, my musical taste is off the wall!  :fox-:P:

But here's how it's broken down.

My two favorite music genres: Metalcore And Nu-metal!

Some of my favorite Metalcore artists include:
• Abandon All Ships
• August Burns Red
• As I Lay Dying
• Broadway
• Bullet For My Valentine
• Crown The Empire

And some of my favorite Nu-metal artists include:
• Linkin Park
• System Of A Down
• Mudvayne
• Slipknot
• Stone Sour
• Korn

I like most sub genres of metal! :3
I also like most rock and pop music.

I can't say I really hate any type of music, some are just way better than others, if I had to say what type of music I like the least, it would have to be rap.
To me it's just so repetitive and most rap songs these days require hardly any talent!
The artists cannot sing at all! The lyrics are repetitive and suck! It seems like all you need to do in order to become a rapper is create a rhythm that people find catchy and start rhyming!

That's my take on my taste. :3

« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 01:58:10 am by Gaz »
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Malifor

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 73
  • No
    • FurAffinity - malifor2210
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2013, 02:11:01 am »
I hate dubstep >:C its not because I dont like computersounds, like techno etc, but I dont like the people that create dubstep and get hiped for it...I mean, even I can make dubstep.
Kinda disagree for your argument for dubstep actually, you're probably referring to the crappy and popular type where the techno parts itself in the song is quite simple and boring maybe Skrillex in a way idk (my speculation). Most of the dubstep that I actually listen to, I could tell that the individual artists (Not as popular as they deserved to be) put a lot of effort and time into their songs to make them unique. An example is Excision, ALL of his songs are unique to him and no other artists song get even close to his even though he rarely uploads songs and also Xilent, in my opinion he is the most unique of them all, he transitioned from making a kind of neurofunk drum and bass type to his now profound dubstep/dnb mix, hard to say but just listen to this guy.

I can tolerate country and American pop, but I rarely find individual songs that I like, let alone artists/bands. I simply just don't like the way they sound (and as another note, every pop song on the radio sounds EXACTLY THE SAME).

Agreed!

As for my tastes, I personally like in general rock and techno, but in the rock genre I typically listen to mostly metalcore like either We Came As Romans, Asking Alexandria, Blessthefall where the main singers have a really sweet voice and the co singer ( or maybe the same one) screams just as well. Another is deathcore but! I only listen to them if im the mood for them and also im more of a modern rocker Whitechapel, As Blood Runs Black, Suicide Silence type.
Techno genres are Drum and Bass and Hardstyle, while hardstyle is self explanatory while drum and bass isn't. I personally HATE the ambient kinds of DnB which is the so called "Liquid" type, I find this type a complete waste of what DnB could potentially be. I tend to have a huge liking to the songs that has a bit more bounce, kinda like the old school jungle or maybe like these two modern songs 1(1 could be a variation of drumstep idk), 2

Offline Maximumcool2

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 20
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2013, 02:17:38 am »
Heavy Metal/Rock/Punk, down a moshpit you will find me dancing like crazy loving the band to the point of adoration.
Does anyone do Moshing? You'll have to be extremely fit! And I'm fit alright.  :)
Someday, I wanna go in the moshpit.
Someday!

Anyways, I like alternative
(Coldplay)
and I'm starting to like metal.

I also enjoy classical.

But I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE punk rock!

The one genre I dislike is Pop.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2013, 03:28:01 am »
Heavy Metal/Rock/Punk, down a moshpit you will find me dancing like crazy loving the band to the point of adoration.
Someday, I wanna go in the moshpit.
Someday!

Anyways, I like alternative
(Coldplay)
and I'm starting to like metal.

I also enjoy classical.

But I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE punk rock!

The one genre I dislike is Pop.

Metal and Punk grows on you; that's what I've found. But Moshing, here's a tip. Keep hydrated! Its hot, its relentless, its loud and in properly run clubs and establishments, Security are watchful to intercept potential fights. Its all about the dance. The pounding bass, the band, the followers. Its also about being fit. Feel faint? Get out of the Moshpit and chillax, get drinking water, have fun with your friends.

Pop is for general listening, like radio in the background. Its all down to finding out what you like, but going to live concerts is the cream! Your local rock/metal/punk band need our support. Have a great time but stay safe with your friends and above all, enjoy yourself!  :)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2013, 03:38:09 am »
Thrash metal and classic heavy metal. I can listen to any subgenre of metal except for core/screamo. Not because it's "in" to dislike it (according to some metal elitists), it's never really been my cup of joe. I also listen to some classic rock, R&B and a little bit of electronica. The only music genres I despise are pop, country and rap.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 03:54:48 am by weblacie »
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Quin

• Orange Level
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2013, 09:38:17 am »

Progressive Trance where at some club in Brighton you'll find me dancing with friends and family.
Classical/Baroque where at a posh venue I'll dress up to watch a performance of Bach or Chopin,
and Heavy Metal/Rock/Punk, down a moshpit you will find me dancing like crazy loving the band to the point of adoration.

yeaaa :D moshpits are fun if you have enough people
in the club where my friends and I use to go, there is a little bold guy that is some sort of security person. he always grabs people by their neck and tells them to stop moshing. thats why we can only have bigger pits at concerts or festivals...or in my garden :3
« Last Edit: July 12, 2013, 09:40:15 am by Quin »
On scope!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Fire!

Offline Flix

• Quit. If you're looking for me, try DA.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 39
  • Tired of being bashed.
    • DeviantArt - flix_the_fox
    • LiveJournal - flix_forever
    • Flixsuits
  • Fursona Species: Monsterdog
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2013, 02:33:20 pm »
:P Hmm. I don't really listen to bands, I listen to songs. It bugs me when people list off all their favorite music by listing bands. I mean what if you only like one particular song from that band?          aghhhhh petpeeve

My favorite genres are alternative hip-hop, and... uh... some other stuff. I dunno. MUSIC. I also like techno, and usually some 'epic music'.
I cannot stand country, (them hicks can't pronounce nuthin'!) or any kind of modern rock types. Rap is okay, but only a little.

Edit: Ah, yes. I also enjoy Trance and occasional Dubstep.

Offline Marcus

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 141
  • Fursona Species: Dog
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2013, 05:40:49 am »
My two main genres are Crust Punk and Real Screamo/Real Emo. I'm also somewhat into the "scene kid" stuff such as post hardcore, metalcore, and deathcore. I'm growing out of it though. The people in the hardcore scene, bands included, are just insufferable.

I hope this doesn't come off as cocky, but I'd honestly suggest you give it an honest try. I've heard people say this, but once challenged to they actually found it time consuming and with a level of difficulty. You'll probably not enjoy the genre still, but you may have a new found respect for the artists and the genre. Of course I suppose that statement may be true to an extent, that technically anyone could make dubstep. Making dubstep that people find pleasing to the ear is a whole different story though.
My signature needs a change. It's been four years.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2013, 05:57:51 am »

yeaaa :D moshpits are fun if you have enough people
in the club where my friends and I use to go, there is a little bold guy that is some sort of security person. he always grabs people by their neck and tells them to stop moshing. thats why we can only have bigger pits at concerts or festivals...or in my garden :3

In some venues moshing is not allowed because of trouble that can spark off from it. I'm choosy where I go, usually to the bigger more poshed clubs where moshing is allowed but watched carefully by trained security personnel.

Offline Quin

• Orange Level
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2013, 06:23:57 am »
huehauehue...
our club is so small :D
but thats why I love it so much. I needed only  3 times in there to know almost everyone there. Not many new faces appear in a small club or pub. So you can basically ask around if youre just missing the 5 euro to pay your last drink :P

And you can ask the DJ to play something. Kinda ends in 10 people crying to him to play Down with the sickness or something from Slipknot.
Then the DJ says things like "uh no...I cant pay the same over and over again" and many people just shout YES YOU CAN! :DD

I hope this doesn't come off as cocky, but I'd honestly suggest you give it an honest try. I've heard people say this, but once challenged to they actually found it time consuming and with a level of difficulty. You'll probably not enjoy the genre still, but you may have a new found respect for the artists and the genre. Of course I suppose that statement may be true to an extent, that technically anyone could make dubstep. Making dubstep that people find pleasing to the ear is a whole different story though.

Oh yea...just realized it, sounds really cocky :P what i meant was that this "common" dubstep that everyone hipes, is most of the time poorly made. There are good dubstep artist, and they really really put work into it^^
But I dont understand why people go crazy about it...dubstep doesnt give me the cold shower in my neck that Rammstein, Slipknot or Disturbed give me <3
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 06:30:39 am by Quin »
On scope!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Fire!

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #14 on: July 15, 2013, 01:13:58 am »
Whatever sounds good. Anywhere from "Mad World" by Gary Jules to "The Anthem" by Good Charlotte.

Also, have to add an obligatory mention of My Chemical Romance.
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2013, 09:46:58 am »
I like and listen all sorts of metal.

Have you heard of Sabaton? They're a power metal band from Sweden and they're awesome!

Genres I like: Metal/Power Metal, Heavy Rock, House, and Rock.

Genres I Dislike: Majority of Dubstep and Black/Death/Grunge Metal.  For me, I like a Dubstep song when it follows a dramatic arc. For example starting off with rising action as softer electronic. Then, once you reach the climax starts the music gets heavier. Finally, hit the falling action and the music gets softer till it reaches the resolution and ends! If a Dubstep song is just composed of loud and heavy electronics, you'll become jaded and won't feel the song.

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2013, 02:31:26 pm »
*Sweats profusely*

This isn't a question one answers so readily. >.>

For me, I quite literally like almost any kind of music, anything from Swing music, to Metal, to Drum n Bass, to Folk Country, to Indie Rock, to Orchestral, or anything in between!

I just find it so hard to hate any genre. There are some I dislike, but I can even appreciate rap music and country. Like I said, I like Folk Country, but not Twank. I like quite a few of rap artists, but most all of those that I choose to listen to aren't the ghetto, "big booty bitches" and "young money, weed smoking" kind.

I like to think of myself as an open minded person when it comes to music, and I believe that you can learn to appreciate almost all genres of music!
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline STERLING

• Durr Dammit
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 177
  • STERLING
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 02:32:45 pm »
Music is Music, I love it all.
Lyrics that talk about using women as a tool, I despise.

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2013, 02:44:19 pm »
Music is Music, I love it all.
Lyrics that talk about using women as a tool, I despise.

Yes, lyrics can destroy a song, no matter how catchy it is.

Also, as a kind of adverse example, listen to Ben Fold's version of Bitches Aint Shit. They take a generic rap song about all the worst things "thug", and make it sound deep and profound for a humorous effect. =)
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Bellgoesmeow

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 1
    • Tumblr.com
  • Fursona Species: Cat bird hybrid
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2013, 07:38:10 pm »
I fail at specific genres but I love BMTH, MIW, TWY, ITM, the agonist, just a lot of stuffs like that. I really don't like a lot of the Nicki Manaj stuff and a lot of current rap.. I listen to almost all genres at least a little though
I may look happy, but honestly dear, the only way I'll really smile is if you cut me ear to ear..
-BMTH Chelsea Grin