Author Topic: Favorite Villain  (Read 4588 times)

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 303
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
Re: Favorite Villain
« Reply #20 on: July 21, 2013, 07:44:47 pm »
One of my favourites definitely has to be 343 Guilty Spark from the Halo series.

There's just something so interesting about his personality, I can relate with him on so many levels, and his history in Halo lore runs so deep. Unbeknownst to most, he wasn't always an insane Forerunner AI, and was in fact once a living, breathing being in the Halo lore. The Forerunner Saga novels detail that he was once an ancient human named Chakas living just over 100,000 years ago. He was unfortunate enough to get himself tangled up in the events of the Forerunner–Flood war, which eventually lead to his capture by the Forerunner Master Builder Faber and his imprisonment on the Halo Installation 07.

It was there that he circumvented Faber's inhumane experiments on human beings, circumvented the growing Flood scourge upon the Halo ring, and dealt with the rampant AI 05-032 Mendicant Bias in a series of events which echo the first Halo game. After saving the Halo ring and the captive humans aboard it as part of Faber's use of experimentation, Chakas' body was mortally wounded. It was then that Iso-Didact converted the human into a Monitor through the use of a composer. Now devoid of his former physical form, he could further assist the Forerunners deal with the threat of the Flood and humans on the Greater Ark. For his valiant efforts across the Forerunner–Flood war Chakas was made the custodian of Halo Installation 04 and his name was changed to 343 Guilty Spark.

He would remain there long after war between the Forerunners and Flood. When the Halo rings were activated, thereby destroying all life in the galaxy periodically to fight Flood's scourge, 343 Guilty Spark was left completely alone without a single soul to talk to. He had nothing to do but monitor his installation, reflect upon his situation and contemplate what could have been. And so he spent eons in complete solitude; awaiting the day that he could once again continue his prime object or talk to another individual. I think anyone could relate to the torment of such deep, painful loneliness. 343 Guilty Spark perennially lost in time.  His crippling loneliness and solitude spanning over 100,000 years eventually took its toll upon the monitor — and thus he became unstable and rampant. In the end protocol and containment became his entire reason for being, even at the cost of life itself.

This brings us to the events of the Halo games and the incarnation of 343 Guilty Spark we're more familiar with. That is the egotistical, quirky, extremely analytical and cold Forerunner monitor obsess with protocol and the containment of the Flood. Across the Halo games he deceives his allies and foes, attempts to coheres reclaimers into triggering galactic genocide, and attempts to have those breaking protocol ruthlessly killed. It becomes clear that he's only concerned with fulfilling his objectives, and is apathetic towards the deaths of allies and enemies alike. However this side of Spark is eventually destroyed by the Master Chief after he kills Sergeant Johnson in cold blood after he prematurely activated the replacement for his Halo ring which was destroyed in the first game (destroying the Installation itself, the ark and Flood itself while conveniently beyond the rim of the galaxy).

But after these events, 343 Guilty Spark was not destroyed. He was heavily damaged by his fight with the Master Chief and was eventually captured by UNSC personal aboard UNSC Rubicon. After now having no known protocol and having some of his older memories awakened, he began to reveal his story to the UNSC personal. Afterwards he impulsively and forcefully takes control of the ship and begins to search for the Forerunner known as the Librarian and his old human friend Morning Riser (or at least someone contain their Geas). This is exactly what I love about 343 Guilty Spark as a character. He has such a deep history in the canon, his goals are always interesting, his personality is highly intriguing and I'm fascinated by his thought-processes. I can't wait to see how future within the events of the Halo series turns out.

He wasn't destroyed? Damn! He'll never die. Besides, he reminds me of Weathley in the game Portal 2, wich replaces Glados and makes the whole center collapse.
They are indeed pretty similar. I always wondered if they were both long-lost twins. :lol:
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Flix

• Quit. If you're looking for me, try DA.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 39
  • Tired of being bashed.
    • DeviantArt - flix_the_fox
    • LiveJournal - flix_forever
    • Flixsuits
  • Fursona Species: Monsterdog
« Reply #21 on: July 23, 2013, 11:42:53 am »
He has such a way with words.

Loki. His motivation was never to destroy the world or make life miserable, he only ever wanted to be Thor's equal. Imagine the jealosy he had growing up knowing that Thor was the favored son.

Oh Guy. In the end, he joined Robin and was killed for 'the cause'. And just look at that hair I suppose he did murder his fair share of people, including Lady Marion, but still. He's a psycho. A sexy one, at that Excuse me.

Offline TerrojaTheBadger

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • Pah, fuck it.
  • Fursona Species: Badger
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 09:55:10 pm »
Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Why? Because he sings a song, and is full of bugs, what more could you want?
Your head is so far up your own arse you wouldn't know whether to fart or speak.

Skype Name: TerrojaZevon

Offline Zurnoa

• Candies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Caribou
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2013, 05:09:58 am »
I have a couple of baddies that I love. This fellow would remain as my favorite one; he's the king of his frozen kingdom, rules a iron fist on the mountain of Norway. All hail Oberfuhrer Herzog from Dead Snow! You can love (or hate) this undead colonel. He can surprise you on how highly intelligent he is for a zombie. The second baddie: That good old god playing nutcase, Dr. Richtofen from Call of Duty: World at War and Black Ops. Face it, you kinda got a laugh from his snappy (and somewhat sadist) remarks. And last one: He the only guy who could make a gunwound to the head... Hot. Back from the dead (again), it's Patton Fettel from F.E.A.R.  You can really hate him like a Barrel at times for being... a Barrel! And sometime he could be a Stephano to you as well. So you may call Fettel a... Sterrel... Lol..

Offline Axel Thunderpaw

• Babyfur Writer
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 6
    • FurAffinity - babytiger1099
  • Fursona Species: Bengal Tiger
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2013, 02:56:44 pm »
I can't choose from comics since there's so many, but from video games it's Wheatley from Portal 2. Not because he was smart or cunning, but his sheer stupidity made him dangerous (and hilarious)

Offline Kiki Da Wolf

• My alpha. Mine. All mine. >:3
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 7
  • Ascendance, Giving yourself another chance.
    • FurAffinity - DutKiki
    • Twitter - Kieran1845
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2013, 08:30:35 pm »
Poison Ivy.
Suddenly fallen in love of her villainish side, And I really dont know why xD maybe cus i liked her sassyness or something :P meh My mind will probably change in a week or so.

Just thought id contribute
"If you're going through hell, keep going." ~ Winston Churchill

Steam: Kieran1845

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Board Moderator
  • Candies: 287
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2013, 12:44:12 am »
Alright seriously one of the best villains of all time!

Bryan Fury, from the Tekken games, the fact that he's an android set on world domination, he is such a badass!
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2013, 01:31:24 am »
Oogie Boogie from the Nightmare Before Christmas. Why? Because he sings a song, and is full of bugs, what more could you want?
((i am listening to a dubstep remix of a song from the movie http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ca0v-FqvRo 30:00)) i like the scarecrow
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline DextheHyena

• Hyena needs coffee!
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 9
  • Dream Theater's furriest fanboy
    • DeviantArt - Fauxyfire
    • FurAffinity - Twokindsofawesome
  • Fursona Species: Striped hyena. ALTs: Otter and hybrid
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 09:42:37 am »
By far my favorite is Viral from Gurren Lagann! No clue what he is, but he sure was pretty badass in the anime.

If stranded in the forest, John Petrucci can light a fire by playing a tremolo-picked solo of 64th notes until his pick catches fire.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 09:44:24 am »
i like the angels from evangellion 2.22
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 09:43:33 pm »
In love with glados. Don't judge me

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2013, 09:44:44 pm »
For some reason I never get tired of fighting Bowser, so I'll say that Bowser is my favorite villain
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline FurryPhil

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 43
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2013, 11:04:29 pm »
VAAS!!!!! "WAAAY UP IN THE F*UCKING SKIES, YOU THOUGHT YOU, HAD YOUR FINGER, ON THE TRIGGER. But hermano..... down here..... down here..... you hit the ground."
Oh my gosh this^^ As soon as I heard his "Insanity" speech I fell in love with the way that guy is.  :lol-fox:

But if I were to throw a second out there, it would have to be Prince Zuko for Avatar the Last air bender. You have so many feels for him by the end of the show  :sad-fox:

Offline XxDawnshadowxX

• Harvester of Figs
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 18
  • Die Welt braucht mehr OOMPH! (*´∀`*)
    • DeviantArt - XxDawnshadowxX
    • FurAffinity - XxDawnshadowxX
    • LiveJournal - XxDawnshadowxX
    • Twitter - xxdawnshadowxx
  • Fursona Species: Siamese cat
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2013, 11:38:21 pm »
Hmm, I think my all time favourite villian from anything that I can think of at the moment would be Wolf O'Donnell from the Starfox series.
I've just always found him so cool.

Offline DakotaLandon

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • I love to cuddle!
  • Fursona Species: canine mix
« Reply #34 on: January 31, 2014, 04:42:25 pm »
WHAT????????????????? WHAT ABOUT LOKI???????

I love Loki!!! Anyone else? Please! Loki is awesome! Surely, I'm not the only one here!
DΩL

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #35 on: January 31, 2014, 05:27:22 pm »
WHAT????????????????? WHAT ABOUT LOKI???????

I love Loki!!! Anyone else? Please! Loki is awesome! Surely, I'm not the only one here!
Loki is amazing! He's just so cool and has a great personality!
He's one of my favourites, I'm not sure what my absolute favourite villain is though.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #36 on: January 31, 2014, 05:54:26 pm »
My favorite villain would definitely have to be Steele from Balto.  :fox-:):
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #37 on: January 31, 2014, 06:35:50 pm »
Wheatley from Portal 2. Not because he was smart or cunning, but his sheer stupidity made him dangerous (and hilarious)
I'm in total agreement xD  Best dialog ever! I had many good laughs with that game. Glados is also great. Can't wait until Valve can count to three.
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Deku64

• Archduke of Videogames
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
  • Faceroll is always an option.
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #38 on: January 31, 2014, 06:50:01 pm »
My favorite villain would have to be Wheatley as well. No one can resist how funny he is out of his stupidity, even though you were deceived by him.
If you don't know what to do, press all the buttons and something is bound to happen.

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #39 on: January 31, 2014, 07:19:28 pm »
By far my favorite is Viral from Gurren Lagann! No clue what he is, but he sure was pretty badass in the anime.

UGH, SAME. Gurren Lagann is my favorite anime. Spiral King Lordgenome was also a great villain.

Ghirahim from Zelda: Skyward Sword is another favorite villain of mine, as well as Dr. Horrible and Loki.

I also can't forget another favorite villain of mine, also from Gurren Lagann...

The Anti Spiral!!
« Last Edit: January 31, 2014, 07:22:15 pm by CuddlyShark »
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him