Author Topic: World War Z  (Read 435 times)

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
World War Z
« on: July 26, 2013, 04:10:51 am »
The movie.... I liked it, I really did. But, it's so different from the book, I didn't even try to compare it. I'm just going to steal Matt Inman(of "The Oatmeal")'s description: 

The book was about different accounts of the zombie war, and how it affected politics.
The movie was about Brad Pitt outrunning explosions in order to save the world.
In common: The title.

The good:
Suspense is nice, there are really some piss-your-pants moments in that movie. Plus, the zombie move like they're either on bathsalts, crack, steroids, or maybe a combo of all three
The bad: nothing like the book, main character figures out the cure seemlessly, no average person would have thought of this idea
The ridiculous: When the zombie are "dormant" they just spaz the f*** out. Literally. After the movie, my family went to go get ice cream nearby. We were mocking it so much. Making noises like we'd all been smoking for multiple years, having fake seizures, and crashing it walls. When we got there the cashier said ,"So, you just saw World War Z  then."   

Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline Quin

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • Fursona Species: blue-white Husky
Re: World War Z
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 05:17:57 am »
I think that the movies doesnt really tell anything except for the facts how the "zombies" behave etc.

The book was way way WAY better.
They should have shown some big battles in the USA, like the book describes.

Someday a really good movie about a biological apocalypse will rise and Ill love it.
On scope!
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Nam Myoho Renge Kyo
Fire!

Offline Wildsun

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • One does not simply walk into Mordor
    • FurAffinity - Wildsun
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 09:30:13 pm »
I agree. The book was way better than the movie.

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2013, 05:11:06 am »
I did'nt read the book, but found the movie quiet cool, the story was correct, action moments are well realised (damn this airport), special effects are good..... A good zombie movie to sum it up to me.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.

Offline shruikan

• :P
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 6
    • DeviantArt - xxShruikanxx
    • FurAffinity - xxShruikanxx
  • Fursona Species: Dragon
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2013, 07:15:05 pm »
i agree on the part where they arent even remotely alike... i think my favorite part of the movie is where one of the "dormant" zombies does his spaz out thing, and hits his elbow on a door... you can tell hes hurt its so freaking funny
any new friends are welcome.
kik or skype me. Shruikan_the_dragon