Author Topic: your thoughts on tvtropes  (Read 722 times)

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
  • Mince Pies: 14
your thoughts on tvtropes
« on: August 11, 2013, 10:51:31 am »
do you think tvtropes is going downhill or just as good as ever?.

Offline dracodex

• Hyper imploding ball of fluff
  • Yellow Level
  • Mince Pies: 23
    • DeviantArt - ravenhaker
    • Twitter - @DexterDacian
  • Fursona Species: Draco
Re: your thoughts on tvtropes
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2013, 12:34:59 pm »
This is the first time I am hearing of this. What are TV tropes?
Oooh I can put text in here :o *カタカタカタカタ*
Pixel art by Crevontz

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2013, 01:06:26 pm »
TV Tropes, also known as Television Tropes and Idioms, is a wiki that collects and expands on various conventions and devices (tropes) found within creative works. Since its establishment in 2004, the site has gone from covering only television and film tropes to also covering those in a number of other media such as literature, comics, video games, and even things such as advertisements and toys.

as for community point of view its a mess its full of site staff that only care about money,members who don't know that they are being treated by said staff as puppets or sheep,have a complainer is always wrong mentality and more.     

Offline Trystero

• Blue Level
  • Mince Pies: 38
    • FurAffinity - trystero
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Belgian Shepherd)
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2013, 02:08:35 pm »
I love just loosing myself in TV Tropes, going from article to article with no real pattern or goal. A lot of the time, it's actually more interesting to me than Wikipedia.

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2013, 03:08:36 pm »
I love just loosing myself in TV Tropes, going from article to article with no real pattern or goal. A lot of the time, it's actually more interesting to me than Wikipedia.
when i was still there the most looked at trope pages were horror and weirdness tropes and stuff that had furry in it but what bugged me at the time was how big and bloated was the anime section was.

but my worst time there was when i found ijbm i had no idea what it was or the fact it was offsite version of the one on TVTropes also my skills were very poor at forum usage but while there all they would do  twist everything i did as me being a troll when at tvt i got a pm from one of them after i quoted one of them saying that me being furry was from the fact her boyfriend was furry? but after that the pm was her saying what creep i was on ijbm or BTL i wrote her a list on were she and others got it wrong and put tvtropes as a whole on my hate list her was reply was that confused on why i wrote that.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Mince Pies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2013, 03:24:49 pm »
I think TVtropes is still as good as ever. I can still spend hours reading pages.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.