Author Topic: Why did you pick your username?  (Read 8184 times)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
Why did you pick your username?
« on: September 01, 2013, 01:19:55 am »
I picked "weblacie" because Lacie's my IRL name, and web because I'm on the web literally 24/7.

So weblacie is short for "Lacie of the Web." :lol-fox:
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Axel Thunderpaw

• Babyfur Writer
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 6
    • FurAffinity - babytiger1099
  • Fursona Species: Bengal Tiger
Re: Why did you pick your username?
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 03:01:01 am »
My username is my fursona's name, where "Axel" is an anagram of my middle name. And Thunderpaw refers to my fursona's ability to use nature magic

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2013, 05:48:13 am »
"Alexxa" is shortened for Alexandria, my full name. I added an extra 'x' just to be different,  I suppose.

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 07:50:58 am »
Haha Story time :D

So when i was signing up for this forum, i was originally going to use my username that i used for everything. Then i realized a few things 1) if i googled the version that was spelled wrong, All the stuff i did was on the front page. Plus i probably would be called out for the spelling mistake 2) the CORRECTLY spelled version also ran into a similar problem 3) my username had the town that i am technically part of (its confusing for my place where i live k?) So i was scared some random person who figure out where i live

So then i had to choose a name... and i suck at choosing names. So after a good HOUR of thinking of possible names, I thought about names that would describe me perfectly. Coincidently, around this time was when i began to daydream and think of many ideas for drawing stuff, and i didnt know how to draw (or at least well). So when thinking of names, something hits me, I'm really messed up, in my thoughts... WAIT A MINUITE...

So thats literally how i chose my username. Plus, it would be a safe username if i did start posting some wacky things.

TL;DR I CANT THINK OF GOOD NAMES
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Dingo

• #Hashtags
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 52
  • Ruff! <3
    • FurAffinity - okamiix
    • Twitter - @DingoFTW
    • my furrafinity page
  • Fursona Species: wusky :) wolf/husky
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2013, 08:01:58 am »
Dingo has been my nickname since like, forever, maybe around 4 years old, so its pretty much just what i'm called, nothing interesting ^^

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2013, 08:03:11 am »
It was the same name I used for my Xbox Live account.

The name zspartancats came from my love of Halo 2 and Warriors by Erin Hunter. The Z is  purely cosmetic and I thought it looked cool.

Offline Raz

• that guy on the forum
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • You're all beautiful people :3
  • Fursona Species: Wolf-Dragon Hybrid
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2013, 08:07:38 pm »
I went with Raz because I really like Psychonauts and I couldn't really think of anything else.
Steam: Wilford Brimley
(I really should change my steam name)

Offline Axii_the_Wolf

• Painted with the Colors of Dying Stars
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 5
  • You know, I'd give me a cookie. And a Mocha.
    • DeviantArt - HetaliaKirby
    • FurAffinity - Axii_the_Wolf
  • Fursona Species: Celestial Wolf (Can transform into a Kyuubi)
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2013, 10:05:16 pm »
Well, a while ago I wrote a book, and one of the character's names was Axii.
I've always liked the name, plus it sounds unique.
True power comes from the heart.
True spirit comes from the soul.
True ferocity comes from something only you have. Love.

-漫~*'¨☆¨'*·舞~ Axii of the Stars ~舞*'¨☆¨'*·~漫-

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2013, 10:15:23 pm »
Well, the username that I've been using for a lot of websites since a few years ago was proto-alpha, since proto means first in Greek and alpha is the first letter of the Greek alphabet, and since my fursona needed a name, I named him Proto, and I decided to use his name as my username too :P
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Billhartz

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • ~
    • DeviantArt - Billhartz
    • FurAffinity - Billhartz
  • Fursona Species: Red Panda
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2013, 10:23:51 pm »
Billhartz is my last name, and I just always liked it.  I also use it as my ign in everything.

Offline Trystero

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 38
    • FurAffinity - trystero
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Belgian Shepherd)
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2013, 11:42:10 pm »
I got mine from a novella, The Crying of Lot 49. I simply thought it would make an interesting screen name, plus I didn't have the creativity to come up with one on my own.

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 12
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2013, 06:12:44 am »
Well my fursona's name is Tigran, casue he's a tiger a white one so be it but still ;p nothing too creative i just saw the name somewhere don't remember tho
"You are waiting for someone, someone from a half-remembered dream. Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone."

Offline Xander

• Level 100 geek
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Some fig
    • FurAffinity - xanderthewolf679 (i belive)
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2013, 08:48:01 pm »
my names xander my fursonas a wolf.....im so creative (not)
  • Pronouns: Idc
Steam: XanderTheWolf

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2013, 04:41:36 am »
I can't really stand my real name. I loved the name Jaze and Jason. My pseudo is now Jaze, that's that simple.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2013, 08:33:09 am »
My first username frozenfire came from the novel. (yes there is a novel)

Cef was seriously dark. It started off with my love of magic at the age of 9 or so. So... I signed into a web. (not going to put it down here) and saw the name Lucifer, I didn't take it as my name so I switched the words around. It started with cef but too many charity organizations came up when I used Google. Then, I created cefuril, hoping for it to be an original name, I googled it. Turns out it's the name of a drug. I turned the words around again but kept the first three letters, cef ,there. And
then I got cefirul

So yea... My taken name is dark and stuff...
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 08:35:41 am by Cef »

Offline Ngm1998

• *Slams face on table*
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 51
  • IM BACK BB
    • DeviantArt - ngm1998
    • FurAffinity - mewlover187
  • Fursona Species: Shiny mew
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2013, 08:41:14 am »
My username is just my initials and the year I was born :3
  • Pronouns: Her/She/Hers
MEWS, MEWS EVERYWHERE!

IM AN ENIGMA!!!

Trans pride~ <3

Offline Divadlo

• We storm the ranch or we die trying.
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • always expect the expected
    • DeviantArt - stolenlegos
  • Fursona Species: dhole
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2013, 09:34:55 pm »
I picked Divadlo because its czech for theater, and since I enjoy my czech heritage and partake in theater, I thought it was fitting :3

"We as humans are drawn towards the idea of consistency. We desire to have a routine. We are always trying to find patterns. Consistency comforts the human mind and body."
-Me

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2013, 10:39:01 pm »
well, i was pondering a name and i always think a little yiffy so, yah :fox-:P:
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline CalmWolf

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
  • thanks mango for the amazing avatar
  • Fursona Species: ram/wolf
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2013, 11:12:05 pm »
i'm never really emotional or care about small things so the adjective zen fits me perfectly.

zen
adjective       /zen/ UK informal

Definition
› relaxed and not worrying about things that you cannot change:
There's nothing you can do to change the situation so you just have to be a bit more zen about it.
serene canis lupus

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #19 on: September 08, 2013, 02:09:22 am »
Ah yiss, gather 'round my fur covered children, as this dumb anthro has a story to tell!

It all started a loooong time ago, in land so far away it was actually pretty close. There, a small elf lived inside a hollowed out mushroom (which was hallucinogenic by the way; he would munch on dat shtit erryday an get higher than 18 books stacked). This little elf lived in a village full of little buggers just like him! They all had pointy ears and funny little hats and were only a wee 9 feet short! Tiny, huh? But anyways, they all lived on the side of a river where they would wash their stanky elf clothes and things.

And on the other side of the river was a village of gnomes (a good foot taller than the elves on average). The nasty little cacklads would tease the elves and throw crap on their side of the river (no really, the would fling gnome fecal matter all over the place, it was nasty!) as well as a numerous other detrimental pranks. Soon their practical jokes escalated, becoming more and more hurtful to the elves. Soon enough, they had gone from tossing gnome pies, to chucking rocks, to lobbing spears, then finally to firing off AK-47's!!! Along with their AK's and .30's, they had developed tanks and superior land vehicles! The elves were helpless, and pretty much screwed! They screamed and ran along the bankside, trying to dodge bullets and explosions! Shrapnel would fly in the air, legs would detach from bodies, elves were burning! It was Armageddon!

As a last resort, the elves dug trenches on their side of the river, placing barbed wire and sand bags in front, hoping to offer some form of protection. They would don round helmets and huddle in the ditches, shouting to each other over the sounds of whistling bombs and the cries of their wounded. They needed to form a plan, and fast. The gnomes had started to construct a bridge so that they could cross with their weapons of destruction. They were bent on snuffing out the poor little elves and everything they owned.

Soon one of the elves spoke up. It was our original protagonist, the one who got high off of his own house. He had sobered up since then, seeing as how his place had been shot to smithereens by the damned gnome menace. He yelled to the elves hiding in the trench, that he had a plan. He told them, that while they might not have superior technology like the gnomes did, they still had courage and determination on their side! He gave a whole little schpeel about that kind of crap, and it made all the little elves feel rill rill good. So they got together all their primitive armor and their trusty swords and prepared for the gnome attack.

The gnomees had finished building their bridge, and they dropped it down from their side and onto the elves. It slammed down on the wet soil of the bank, sinking in just a little. But it held. And the gnomes started to advance.

At the same time, the elves charged out from behind their worn barricades, brandishing all sorts of melee weaponry, mainly swords for the most part. And they too charged to meet the gnomes in the middle of the bridge.

In the very front of the army was our little elf, armor clad and with sword in hand. He screamed a hearty war cry and sprinted towards the gnomes, the rest of the elven army behind him.

Obviously, as soon as the two armies met, the elves were massacred and the gnomes won. They continued to piss on their corpses and fire victory shots into the air as they drank beer and fancy alcoholic drinks.

Moral of the story is, I'm tired and this is why gnomes are evil.

Oh yeah, and my username is my Fursona's name.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him