Author Topic: Euro Truck Simulator 2!  (Read 2011 times)

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
Euro Truck Simulator 2!
« on: September 05, 2013, 04:33:25 pm »
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a truck simulation game set in Europe. It is the improved and newer version of the original Euro Truck Simulator. Basically you're starting off your own trucking business and are trying to be the best. Well actually, you can play it as you like! First off let me just say that I never knew this game existed until Nerd3 (note-The "3" is meant to be cubed) done a road trip on it for a subscriber milestone (Watch the video here- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFz7xhHxbek ). Anyway, let's get onto the review!
GRAPHICS:
I have a notebook, which means that it isn't that powerful. However Euro Truck Simulator 2 works perfectly well on an integrated graphics card/chip. For me, I run it on custom graphic settings that are inbetween low and medium. I get next to no lag and the game looks good enough for me, even if there are elements missing.
Going up to high and ultra, you'll be seeing some impressive improvements though. Such as shadows, depth of field (I have this enabled in my custom settings), grass density, better weather and much more. This game gives me the impression that it is a next to realistic driving experience in terms of graphics when on ultra. OH, DID I MENTION THAT YOU CAN PLAY IT ON 3 SCREENS?
GAME-PLAY:
The game-play on Euro Truck Simulator 2 is pretty decent, and it does what it's meant to. It is completely up to you on how you play the game, and how realistic you want it. I have mine on sequential manual gears until I can get a physical H-shifter to use,  although the revs can get high but don't destroy or damage your gearbox or truck. The dial simulation is great, with the dials acting appropriately. The once terrible car AI has been improved over the last few updates and is now satisfactory. For example, the AI will sometimes flash you when you're trying to turn to let you go. The game world is not the same as the real world unfortunately, and is a miniature version of it. You won't be seeing any landmarks, and only the more popular towns/cities are on there. It is also missing a few European countries too. There is also a wide selection of trucks you can buy and drive, with my favorite currently being the Scannia one they have on there (I cannot remember the exact name). There is a few odd bits with some trucks, such as having the most expensive roof (which is higher) inside the cabin but only having the cheapest roof (which is lower). The newest truck, the Iveco Hi-Way, is full of bugs that need fixing.
FUN:
Now while a game like Euro Truck Simulator 2 shouldn't really be  fun, the surprising thing is that it is really fun to play. I'm not talking about fast-paced, FPS type of fun, I'm talking about a relaxation sort of fun that can go on for hours and hours. No matter how many times you've visited a certain place, you'll always spot something new when looking out of your window. The fact that it has day and night, sun and rain also make it quite fun, but also tedious. For one thing, rain makes it harder to see and so can increase your chance of crashing or slipping.
CONCLUSION:
Euro Truck Simulator 2 is a great game to kill time with, and is really relaxing and can be stress relieving. The different amounts of immersion and realism is also quite nice, and means that you can play it whether you've got a full on wheel, pedals and h-shifter or just a keyboard and mouse. It's also quite educational too and can teach you many things (especially if you don't know much about driving), one thing I learned is a quick way to convert mph to km/h. Overall, I'd highly recommend this game to anyone who enjoys simulators and this sort of fun.  :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: 5/5

A couple of screenshots to show the game-play:

You can get Euro Truck Simulator 2 in most game stores and on steam.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Sleek

• MoonMoon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 119
  • Gonna Get The Thing
    • DeviantArt - SleekHusky
    • FurAffinity - Sleek34
    • Twitter - SleekHusky
    • Weasyl - SleekHusky
  • Fursona Species: Huskeh
Re: Euro Truck Simulator 2!
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2013, 10:07:39 pm »
I like this game simply from this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5GHUAVt6Y
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/They/Them/Their
I try to manage some semi-official gaming events for this forum.
Twitch.tv livestreamer here
FT's Twitch Channel here

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 178
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2013, 11:33:44 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOvcNMNQv2Q

This comes to mind when I hear of this game. C:
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Cam

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 55
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Snowleopard
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2013, 11:54:33 pm »
This game is the single best game in history.
Add me on telegram @Animosus

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but travel interstate frequently

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 02:51:06 am »
I like this game simply from this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fU5GHUAVt6Y
xD ah good old ETS2 crashes!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level