Author Topic: A2 Chemistry SN1 and SN2 reactions...  (Read 910 times)

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 12
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger
A2 Chemistry SN1 and SN2 reactions...
« on: September 09, 2013, 05:04:31 pm »
can someone explain to me, becasue i understand that sn2 is when the nucleophile enters from the other side and the leaving group is deatached, but i cant get my head round the whole intermediates thing in the sn1 reaction  :sad-fox:
"You are waiting for someone, someone from a half-remembered dream. Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone."

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
Re: A2 Chemistry SN1 and SN2 reactions...
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 11:34:28 am »
"You are waiting for someone, someone from a half-remembered dream. Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone."

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 03:58:37 pm »
See the awesome Khan Academy! :)

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/organic-chemistry/substitution-elimination-reactions/sn1-sn2-sal/v/sn1-reactions

omg thanks for this, this site even has questions and answers etc y'get a cookie ;)

Awwe thank you for that!  :)

About Khan Academy, it would be good if you joined. They helped me so much when I was doing sciences for my AS exams, although one really had to knuckle down and do the study, walk the walk so we achieve our academia.

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 05:31:59 pm »

https://www.khanacademy.org/science/organic-chemistry/substitution-elimination-reactions/sn1-sn2-sal/v/sn1-reactions

omg thanks for this, this site even has questions and answers etc y'get a cookie ;)

About Khan Academy, it would be good if you joined. They helped me so much when I was doing sciences for my AS exams, although one really had to knuckle down and do the study, walk the walk so we achieve our academia.

Yeah, basically iv got "trial" exams to determine predicted grades, based on the previous 3, this being the first one i have A in biology, B in history and a C/D in chemistry becasue i got an E in the end of year exams becasue i was a fking idiot and didn't revise enough, and with these chemistry exams, if you dont know your stuff you're not getting out of it

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 05:51:32 pm »

Yeah, basically iv got "trial" exams to determine predicted grades, based on the previous 3, this being the first one i have A in biology, B in history and a C/D in chemistry becasue i got an E in the end of year exams becasue i was a fking idiot and didn't revise enough, and with these chemistry exams, if you dont know your stuff you're not getting out of it

I got an A in Chemistry, but a B in Biology (fat use it is now) and A's in  Physics and Maths, but my mindset saw study really as a hobby. I might come across as nerd, but I preferred to study or play flash games rather than while away my time playing computer video games. But I left college, sick of the education institution, giving up a medical career in favour of what I really liked doing - working in logistics using my Maths side, and in using Chemistry when working on producing foodstuffs (Food Chemistry). My family were split. Half of them spat bile at my chucking college, but Mum said go and do what my heart really desired. So yeah, I got out of the education endless ladder and got a decent job using what knowledge came from my exams and study.

You only get one chance at a stab of life and a job. So I hope you stop beating yourself up now, stop calling yourself an effing idiot and study well to get where you want in life. :)