Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! (And any TCG in general)  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Candies: 227
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! (And any TCG in general)
« Reply #20 on: September 11, 2013, 11:07:08 pm »
idk, i mean i wanted to, but i was just crushed. i had so much, three god card binder, rare cards galore, deck case, and most of my cards were protected wid card sleeves. i was a real pro

You can try to buy a structured deck. There are a few decks that are coming out that have a lot of very powerful cards, and then you can buy some booster packs or just get the cards you want directly in a shop (Or you can play free online and don't spend a single penny :fox-;):)
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Rizzan

• Life is like a dissembled abacus...
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • ..it's what you make of it that counts.
    • FurAffinity - rizzan
  • Fursona Species: Gryphon
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 11:31:46 pm »
That's so true for Yu-Gi-Oh!, but there's a trick with that one. Since Konami likes to ban a lot of useful cards, the people that get them for their decks are totally screwed (happens a lot to a friend of mine :lol:), and then they're left with a shiny (because almost always it's a rare card) worthless card, and then, after a few years, they lift the ban and the prices rise a lot because a lot of people get rid of those cards (happened recently too). Because of things like that people say that Konami is a troll
Yeah Wizards bans cards as well, not very often depending on the format, they tend to ban out of the fact that something is seeing so much play your pretty much either playing the deck that the cards are used in or your playing a deck meant to stop them, and the diversity that makes the formats fun and deep dies away making it a simple A or B choice. Ban lists tend to be small and rarely are they lifted from a format once they get banned in it. The only major price dips are for the Standard environment wish consist of the last 2 blocks printed and the good cards for that format tend to be pretty expensive while their in standard for the 2 years, but once they rotate out they tend to drop much much lower then before, $30 cards dropping to like $11 or less over the course of like month or less.
Avi done by Five.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 11:44:26 pm »
ive been out awhile has there been many new rules with the new tv series?
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 11:54:59 pm »
That's so true for Yu-Gi-Oh!, but there's a trick with that one. Since Konami likes to ban a lot of useful cards, the people that get them for their decks are totally screwed (happens a lot to a friend of mine :lol:), and then they're left with a shiny (because almost always it's a rare card) worthless card, and then, after a few years, they lift the ban and the prices rise a lot because a lot of people get rid of those cards (happened recently too). Because of things like that people say that Konami is a troll
Yeah Wizards bans cards as well, not very often depending on the format, they tend to ban out of the fact that something is seeing so much play your pretty much either playing the deck that the cards are used in or your playing a deck meant to stop them, and the diversity that makes the formats fun and deep dies away making it a simple A or B choice. Ban lists tend to be small and rarely are they lifted from a format once they get banned in it. The only major price dips are for the Standard environment wish consist of the last 2 blocks printed and the good cards for that format tend to be pretty expensive while their in standard for the 2 years, but once they rotate out they tend to drop much much lower then before, $30 cards dropping to like $11 or less over the course of like month or less.
I know what you mean. In the last world tournament in Yu-Gi-Oh! there were only two decks at the tournament. Dragon Ruler (a fairly new one) and Prophecy (not as new as the last one), and it really ruined the variety. Luckily my friends use a lot of other decks (because those two are EXPENSIVE) and it's always fun to duel with them. I also remember when a card was rumored to be unlimited with the new ban list and it went from 10 dollars to 60 here where I live, but it was only unlimited in japan, and here it was the same. That was like the blunder of the century :lol: (I didn't get one, but I feel pity for those who bought it for 70 dollars)

I don't watch the series and instead follow the official rules from Kinami, because the show isn't that reliable when it comes to ruling :?. There are the Synchro and Xyz monsters as well as Union and Tuner (these are almost the same as effect monsters), the new ban list was applied like two weeks ago and other than that I don't think there's anything else
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2013, 06:38:51 am »
I know what you mean. In the last world tournament in Yu-Gi-Oh! there were only two decks at the tournament. Dragon Ruler (a fairly new one) and Prophecy (not as new as the last one), and it really ruined the variety. Luckily my friends use a lot of other decks (because those two are EXPENSIVE) and it's always fun to duel with them. I also remember when a card was rumored to be unlimited with the new ban list and it went from 10 dollars to 60 here where I live, but it was only unlimited in japan, and here it was the same. That was like the blunder of the century :lol: (I didn't get one, but I feel pity for those who bought it for 70 dollars)

I don't watch the series and instead follow the official rules from Kinami, because the show isn't that reliable when it comes to ruling :?. There are the Synchro and Xyz monsters as well as Union and Tuner (these are almost the same as effect monsters), the new ban list was applied like two weeks ago and other than that I don't think there's anything else

Xyz and union?! what the heck are these? (i stopped playing just after syncro and tuners were out)
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2013, 03:56:33 pm »
Xyz and union?! what the heck are these? (i stopped playing just after syncro and tuners were out)

XYZ are the new black cards that are located in your extra deck and are summoned by overlaying a specific number of monsters of the same level.

Union monsters are monsters that can be equiped as Magic equip cards to other monsters and they gain some effects by this
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2013, 08:00:08 pm »
Okay, so I'm super happy that this thread was made.

'Cause, for one, I am a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! freak.

Also, quite literally yesterday, I just started playing Magic: The Gathering.

During lunch at my high school, me and my friends will sit down in this one spot where we won't be disturbed and everyone pulls out there decks. Of course, not all of my friends play Yu-Gi-Oh, and not everyone plays all at once that does play, but we usually have at least one duel going every day. We sit out where everyone can see us and just don't care who Also, we'll duel whenever we come over to each others houses or on the weekends. I know of a couple of my friends who also duel online, but I haven't quite gotten into it.

I personally have a Magician based deck that I use the majority of the time, as well as a Warrior deck that I'm also fond of. I've made others in the past, but those two have stuck with me, and they're my two most refined decks.

I stopped collecting years ago, so I have nothing like Xyz's or Syncro's which, by the way, two of my friends ALWAYS use. But even with my outdated deck, I've only ever been beaten twice since I started dueling again three years ago. I even win when my friends double team against me.

I used to play all the time when I was younger, a lot of the kids in my neighborhood having cards. My best friend was the one who got me into it, but I eventually got better than him. I became the reigning card champion for the seven years  lived there, almost never losing. It was great. I won a ton of cards that way, and I traded a lot as well.

With Magic: The Gathering, I still only really know the basic rules and such, but I had my first duel just last night! Which I did in fact lose terribly at. But that's besides the point, as it was only my first time, and just a practice run.

I want to get better at it and continue to collect cards. So far, I have about three hundred, most of which I got from a Deck Builders Kit from Wal-Mart, but also some my friend gave me. Another guy I know is going to bring his cards tomorrow and he said he was willing to give me some, so that's nice.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2013, 05:17:07 pm »
Okay, so I'm super happy that this thread was made.

'Cause, for one, I am a huge Yu-Gi-Oh! freak.

Also, quite literally yesterday, I just started playing Magic: The Gathering.

During lunch at my high school, me and my friends will sit down in this one spot where we won't be disturbed and everyone pulls out there decks. Of course, not all of my friends play Yu-Gi-Oh, and not everyone plays all at once that does play, but we usually have at least one duel going every day. We sit out where everyone can see us and just don't care who Also, we'll duel whenever we come over to each others houses or on the weekends. I know of a couple of my friends who also duel online, but I haven't quite gotten into it.

I personally have a Magician based deck that I use the majority of the time, as well as a Warrior deck that I'm also fond of. I've made others in the past, but those two have stuck with me, and they're my two most refined decks.

I stopped collecting years ago, so I have nothing like Xyz's or Syncro's which, by the way, two of my friends ALWAYS use. But even with my outdated deck, I've only ever been beaten twice since I started dueling again three years ago. I even win when my friends double team against me.

I used to play all the time when I was younger, a lot of the kids in my neighborhood having cards. My best friend was the one who got me into it, but I eventually got better than him. I became the reigning card champion for the seven years  lived there, almost never losing. It was great. I won a ton of cards that way, and I traded a lot as well.

With Magic: The Gathering, I still only really know the basic rules and such, but I had my first duel just last night! Which I did in fact lose terribly at. But that's besides the point, as it was only my first time, and just a practice run.

I want to get better at it and continue to collect cards. So far, I have about three hundred, most of which I got from a Deck Builders Kit from Wal-Mart, but also some my friend gave me. Another guy I know is going to bring his cards tomorrow and he said he was willing to give me some, so that's nice.

It seems that Spellcasters and Warriors are two of the most reliable types of monsters, because those are the ones I seem to see the most. I'm not saying that they're unoriginal because they're commonly seen, just that they seem to be very good in duels
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2013, 06:36:02 pm »
i would like to get into magic the gathering. it seems like a more mature card game than pokemon or yu gi oh .

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2013, 06:45:15 pm »
I'd like to play at least MTG once, but I've heard that it's even more expensive than Yu-Gi-Oh!
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2013, 07:39:42 pm »
probly cause those cards look so boss

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2013, 07:40:22 pm »
I kinda want to start playing Magic: The Gathering, but I can't find any of the cards in my area for some reason. D:
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2013, 07:42:01 pm »
they sell them at walmart. you can expect a limited and shitty supply, but at least its a start

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 09:01:10 pm »
I want to get back into tcgs. But I am stricken between two games. Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic The Gathering?

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 09:25:20 pm »
I want to get back into tcgs. But I am stricken between two games. Yu-Gi-Oh or Magic The Gathering?

i cant give you an honest opinion because i played yu gi oh A LONG TIME AGO and only know the rules of magic the gathering. Just pick one where you seem to be able to A) have the most fun with and B) can think of good strats to win with

In other news, i'm joining my TCG club at my school and gonna be a total noob there, i have no clue what game ill be playing there (cause they have all the popular card games there)
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 09:28:46 pm »

i cant give you an honest opinion because i played yu gi oh A LONG TIME AGO and only know the rules of magic the gathering. Just pick one where you seem to be able to A) have the most fun with and B) can think of good strats to win with

In other news, i'm joining my TCG club at my school and gonna be a total noob there, i have no clue what game ill be playing there (cause they have all the popular card games there)
awesome! I just might have to start one at mine;)

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 09:45:21 pm »

I would say go with Magic, because it is so much more diverse and flexible than Yu-Gi-Oh!. Also, I absolutely love the art for the cards. My very own art teacher himself drew for several of them when he was a freelance artist. He also did a lot of stuff for D&D, as well as book illustrations, video game concept art, and book covers, amongst other things.

But I don't mean to say that you shouldn't gie Yu-Gi-Oh a shot, it can still be way fun, especially with friends. But I've been a hardcore YGO fan for most of my life, and I prefer magic. Just saiyan.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #37 on: October 04, 2013, 09:49:19 pm »

I would say go with Magic, because it is so much more diverse and flexible than Yu-Gi-Oh!. Also, I absolutely love the art for the cards. My very own art teacher himself drew for several of them when he was a freelance artist. He also did a lot of stuff for D&D, as well as book illustrations, video game concept art, and book covers, amongst other things.

But I don't mean to say that you shouldn't gie Yu-Gi-Oh a shot, it can still be way fun, especially with friends. But I've been a hardcore YGO fan for most of my life, and I prefer magic. Just saiyan.
I use to be a duelist,and I had a great loss of cards. That is why I'm not dueling now. I remember one time, I was dueling with this one guy, and he played a trap as if it were a magic. DUDE, READ THE DUEL GUIDE!!

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #38 on: October 04, 2013, 11:58:25 pm »
*enter the gigantic MTG nerd* I love MTG so much(too much). I have like a cajillion decks, and my personal favorite color combo is red and blue(but I'm partial to white as well).  And I have this amazing combo that can kill up to 2 people by the eighth tur... *continues rambling about MTG for hours upon hours* (I may be able to help beginners with basics.
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 08:12:00 am »
*enter the gigantic MTG nerd* I love MTG so much(too much). I have like a cajillion decks, and my personal favorite color combo is red and blue(but I'm partial to white as well).  And I have this amazing combo that can kill up to 2 people by the eighth tur... *continues rambling about MTG for hours upon hours* (I may be able to help beginners with basics.
well, I think I'm going to do both. Once I get comfortable with my yugioh status, I'm going to start up in mtg