Author Topic: Yu-Gi-Oh! (And any TCG in general)  (Read 2283 times)

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Yu-Gi-Oh! (And any TCG in general)
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 09:59:53 am »
*enter the gigantic MTG nerd* I love MTG so much(too much). I have like a cajillion decks, and my personal favorite color combo is red and blue(but I'm partial to white as well).  And I have this amazing combo that can kill up to 2 people by the eighth tur... *continues rambling about MTG for hours upon hours* (I may be able to help beginners with basics.

THROW YOUR KNOWLEDGE UPON ME. IM A COMPLETE NOOB AT THIS GAME, I OWN NOTHING YET ITS INTERESTING
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 01:49:52 pm »
For the absolute bare basics: http://mtg.wikia.com/wiki/Rules

As I didn't see a part where that article goes over the five basic lands/land strategies/themes, I will.
(Note: the land theme does not always apply, just most of the time)

Swamp; Color: black, Symbol: a skull, General Theme: Black is evil, thus evil creatures- zombies, vampires, horrors- and dark spells- destroy creature, necromancy, and debilitation(-x/-x) spells- are found.

Mountain; Color: red, Symbol: a fireball, General Theme: Red is the most aggressive color, low mana-costs, quickly damaging creatures, and instantly damage dealing spells.

Forest; Color: green, Symbol: a tree, Theme: Green is primal and wild, green is based almost entirely off extremely powerful creatures and spells that make creatures more powerful.

Plains; Color: white, symbol: a sun, Theme: The polar opposite of black, white is the holy color, based on life gain, common white creatures types include soldiers, knights, humans, and angels. 

Islands; Color: blue, Symbol: a drop of water, Theme: Based on the strange, the smart, and the different, blue is the color of intellectual strength and, while by far the hardest to use, it is the most powerful color, it focuses on things such as drawing cards, manipulation, counter spells, and opening up more delicate and precise ways to use the tools at your disposal.

Let me know if there's something I let out.

PS: Fun fact: Some influence on how I designed my fursona came from Jace Beleren http://wiki.mtgsalvation.com/article/Jace_Beleren
« Last Edit: October 05, 2013, 01:55:19 pm by Swift the Panther »
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 02:11:02 pm »
Well, I'm definitely going to go with yugioh. I was watching a MTG how to play and its a little hard to keep up with. I may get into MTG but its gonna be in the future.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2013, 10:32:49 pm »
Reviving cause I think it's the most appropriate place to post.

The TCG club finally started up at my school and apparently MTG is the "thing" for card games at my school. Seeing as to how I really like the format of play, I want to get some cards to start playing. But what would be the best way to make a deck, minus entering a draft tournament?
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2013, 11:04:20 pm »
Reviving cause I think it's the most appropriate place to post.

The TCG club finally started up at my school and apparently MTG is the "thing" for card games at my school. Seeing as to how I really like the format of play, I want to get some cards to start playing. But what would be the best way to make a deck, minus entering a draft tournament?
well, if it is me and I'm completely new, barrow a deck and try to learn the game. Then decide what cards you want to add to your deck. While I'm posting, I'm gonna recommend some android apps. Yugioh companion is an app complete with everything a duelist needs. Card search, life point counter, deck manager, and everything else. And another is yugioh androdisc. CARDS COME TO LIFE!!! The list of compateable cards is http://ygodad.blogspot.com/2012/06/supported-cards.html here. And the best part? BOTH ARE FREE!!!!

Offline CityWolf

• The Gentle Warrior Of The Night.
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 6
  • -arf- :3 -tail wagging-
  • Fursona Species: Canadian Timber Wolf
« Reply #45 on: October 11, 2013, 12:51:09 am »
The Pokemon TCG, is my life. ;w; I'm a diehard collector. Everytime I see somebody else that has cards I don't have, I'm just like, "Fffffffffffffffffffffffffudge wantwantwantwantwantwant. O.O" XD I attend tournys whenever I can which isn't very often sadly. :P The closest city that holds them is a 4 hour drive n we never have the gas money. But it's so much fun to play. :D Except for when I get first turn donked by the Aerodactyl/Sableye deck. D: That was cruel and no fun at all. XD But highly amusing. Lol I generally use decks with 20 of each, Pokemon, Trainers, Energy. But I also generally take some Pokemon out and replace them with Trainers to make set up easier. ;) Right now I'm running a Blastiose/Keldeo EX deck, and I love it. XD

A friend of mine that I see at tournys occasionally have taught me how to play MTG, YGO, and Vanguard by giving my one of his decks to use and battling him with it, and this is how I feel about each game:

Yu-Gi-Oh: FAR TOO FREAKING SIMPLISTIC! I lost brain cells playing this. ;A; Beautiful art on the cards though, and I must admit, I love Time Wizard. XD

Vanguard: . . . O-O' ...Nope. I didn't get a word of that. It didn't even go over my head, it impacted my head and bounced off. oAo A tad too complex for me. I freaking love how the art covers the whole card. eAe Gorgeous.

MTG: . . . . I like it. :D Not much different from Pokemon at the core. I love the fact that you can legally battle more than 1 person at a time. oAo I wish Pokemon had that. >-< I ended up getting a Fog and Swamp card, I got Fog first in Spring 2012 on the side of a road, and Swamp last February from someone who accidentally bent it and chucked it at me saying he didn't want it anymore. XD Ironic that Fog goes with Swamp though hey? XD The art can be too good sometimes. o.o Like on the zombies n vampires. -shudders- Just... ew. XD If I had a MTG deck it would be all dragons or those animalistic warriors or something. XD

I don't own any Vanguard and I only have a few YGO cards an just the 2 MTG that I mentioned, so obviously Pokemon is the only one I really play. XD But I've been thinking about getting into Magic. Not sure though. :/
Random quote time! :D

"By ourselves, we're no one. It's when other people look at us and see someone... That's the moment we each start to exist." -Joshua from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

"Everyone has their own little internal world - a secret garden only they can enter. Each world follows its own internal logic - individuality. And the logic of one world, means nothing in another." -Joshua from TWEWY

Feel free to PM or email me. :3 I don't bite. ...Much. XD

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2013, 07:23:15 pm »
Just gonna copy my post cause I'm to lazy to type...... Yes! Yes baby! I convinced my gram to lend me money to get cards!!!!!!! I'm at Walmart, and we about to get them. I'm getting a super starter power box, with a starter deck, to power up packs, and three booster packs, and 50 deck sleeves! Man, I just  $£!t my pants I'm so eager to open that baby up!!!