Author Topic: Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs  (Read 393 times)

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs
« on: September 13, 2013, 02:46:09 pm »
I had high hopes for this game, I really did. After the fantastic first game I was hoping that this one would be even scarier and more disturbing. Instead what I got was a glorified walking puzzle game >.< It takes an hour and a half for the first enemy to appear, the enemies look extremely stupid and not scary, they took away features like the inventory, lamp oil, and tinderboxes so there's not the resource management part of the game that made the first Amnesia so fun. The puzzles are either too easy or too frustrating, I discovered a game breaking glitch involving the fuseboxes that makes it impossible to continue on in the storyline, and the game is just plain NOT SCARY. Also they took away custom stories, which was a feature that made the first game so popular for so long and kept players buying the game.
Now things I liked about this game: the storyline is very well-paced and disturbing. The game still kind of has an atmospheric disturbing element to it but not nearly so much as the first game. The music is fantastic and the voice acting is brilliant. I also really liked the scenery, it was really cool seeing everything that made Amnesia look cool be upgraded for the late 1800s.
All in all this game is just a MEH. And that's extremely disappointing, because the first one was amazing and had so much to offer. 
6/10.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.