Author Topic: A ton of Manga Reviews  (Read 728 times)

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
A ton of Manga Reviews
« on: September 14, 2013, 12:12:02 am »
Since i read a TON of manga (and watch few animes) I thought i would give a review of all/the majority i remember without spoiling the plot of it. Note since i hate scoring/raiting things, i'm not going to score but base your opinion on my judgement. Ill add more later cause i have alot

20th century boys/21st century boys
One of my favorite mangas of all time has an amazing storyline, though some people may say that the art is not as great. Its an OLD manga OK? its not going to be like the modern ones. its literally a story of remembering childhood. Basically there is an evil organization that is trying to end the world and the only way to stop it is for a group of old friends to remember the past and stop it from becoming a reality.

Major
This one kind of doesn't really count because the anime is finished and noone has bothered to finish the scans. I strongly suggest you go watch the anime version of this (but there is a manga one slowly being scanned. If you are an athlete, you would deninitly understand the story. its about a young boy who has a father that is a professional baseball player and the struggles he goes through (and DRAMA THERE IS QUITE A BIT) to become the best pitcher in the world. its a must watch IMO

Denpa Kyoushi
A currently ongoing manga that i really like. Its basically an genius who has ADW (IF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT IT IS GO READ IT) and is a "bodyguard" for his house and updates his anime blog. Until one day his sister forces him to take up a teaching position at a high school and how he attempts to create interesting people. MUST READ cause its hilarious
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
Re: A ton of Manga Reviews
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 12:38:38 am »
do not rely on libarys for manga thei will screw you over! have you ever heard of psyren?
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 10:09:42 am »
PSYREN! That was a really good manga! I like it alot but not as much as a few that i liked. gotta review it soon.

BTW a really good manga site i use for manga is mangahere.com i'd say use this over many other sites (ive tried and i like this one the best).

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 10:13:59 am »
i like anime and manga but i cant say i read/view it that much. i think is just the way if you dont watch every episode your lost
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 10:20:24 am »
yea i have to agree with that. There are some mangas where i just stop reading all together because i just don't understand what the heck is going on. Right now i`m reading though Pluto and that is one that is quite straightfoward and not that complex. Same with Last inning.

HOWEVER, i really love complex mangas such as One outs or Liar game that really screw with your brain (i`m going to review all of these because I READ TOO MUCH XD)

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 11:10:51 am »
Here are three more (i like doing it in chunks of three lol
Space brothers! (aka UCHUU KYOUDAI)

A really underated manga IMO even though it did win an award. its about two brothers (one seemingly really lucky while the other is hopeless) who dream to go to space as children. Once they grow up the older one takes a job in a car company and the younger one actually gets accepted into a moon landing mission. The older brother gets fired from his car company and begins looking for a job when he sees an ad for JAXA (japan space org) recruiting new astronauts. its a story of him becoming an astronaut with a number of useless comedy bits.

One outs

Its a manga that starts out with a very simple premise. There is a struggling baseball team that needs to change its roster or the team will go under and the ace of the team doesn't know what to do until he meets a bunch of people playing One outs baseball (which i gambling). He then discovers an amazing pitcher there who always strikes out everyone. And with discovery, he attempts to bring the pitcher to the team to win games for him. And so the story begins. Its really deep as there is quite a bit of mind games here (dont want to spoil but there are a number of times where its really mind games)

Pluto
I just finished this manga literally 10 minutes ago when writing this and its really nicely told. Its by the same author who did 20th ceuntry boys so i might be a bit biased to his work. But this one really does talk alot about robots and war. Basically the world has advanced to a place where robots are almost indistinguishable between humans and have jobs like maids or tour guides or police agents. You follow the story of Agent Gesicht (i think i misspelled it but Whatever) one of the strongest robots in the world and works for europol. After the destruction of Montblanc (one of these strongest robots) Gesicht is sent out to investigate who killed them and why and it turns out to be a much deeper case than expected. Really good cause it makes you feelings give that feel in some points.

Next three I will review are

Liar game

Psyren

Last inning

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2013, 06:15:13 pm »
Well, now i have some time to review some mangas i promised to review (like anyone reads these reviews XD)

So like a promised

Liar game
This manga makes you think, literally. Its a very very very good psychological manga written by the same author who wrote one outs. basically the main character gets an envelope that tells her she is one of the chosen people to participate in the liar game tournament. in the first round the main is given 100 mill yen and is told that she will have to give back that money by the end of the tournament and her objective is to take the money from her opponent. By mistake, she accidentally gives the money to her opponent because she is tricked and then asks for the help of a famous con to help her get the money back. It basically goes on as a number of games where its all about deceiving the opponent or gaining the trust or control of the opponents. There are a number of different rounds that do make you sometimes reread chapters. Its a good manga but just as an FYI, the contraband game is a VERY VERY long section.

Psyren

i don't remember most of the story because it was really complicated though its relevantly short. But from what i do remember, it does have a very epic ending with very good turns you may not expect. Its about a guy who runs a 10k yen ill do anything service at his school. One day while running home he runs by a ringing payphone and mysteriously gets a calling card with PSYREN printed on it. After seeing a classmate who has the same card dissapear the next day and finding more about the card, he decides to use it and calls the number. the voice mysteriously knows quite a bit of information about the main character and he gets a bit freaked out by it. next day, he gets chased by thugs who are trying to take his card and sell it for money but then he hears a ringing  like a phone in his ear, he picks up his phone and is transported to a mysterious place. like i sad before, quite complicated for how short the manga is but is entirely worth the read

Last inning

very simple premise, very simple-ish story. There is a salesman (dubbed the #1 salesman in the world) who got into an incident when he was in high school where he punched an umpire in the semi finals of an important match, who gets arrested because his boss cons him (sorta) . the chairman of the school team where he previously played on (who was his coach) comes to bail him out but requests that he coaches the team as it will be their last season because of management decisions UNLESS they win the koshen (largest baseball tournament in japan). Its a nice manga IMO that also has times that try to show the coach's past but not something everyone would like.