Author Topic: Anybody like Dragonforce?  (Read 2106 times)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
Anybody like Dragonforce?
« on: September 14, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »
I love Dragonforce. I have no idea where to rank them on my favorite band list. Well, let's just say they're up there with Slayer and Metallica.

Why do I like them so much?

Their songs are catchy, inspiring, and just flat-out beautiful. I've been listening to them ever since Sonic Firestorm came out in 2004. So yes, I liked them before Guitar Hero. The main reason why I bought Guitar Hero 3 was the fact "Through the Fire and Flames" was on it.

EVERY SINGLE ONE of Dragonforce's songs are eternally engraved into my memory. Every. Single. One. If I could, I could probably write ALL of Dragonforce's lyrics down from memory on paper (or type them). I know these songs like I know the back of my hand. The solos, the melodies, riffs, lyrics, EVERYTHING about this band is engraved into my mind.

I own their entire discography (including the original releases of the albums, all of the re-released remasters, their rare Dragonheart demo CD when they were still called Dragonheart [a friend let me have it]), at least eight or nine shirts, and I've seen them three times live (but I've sadly NEVER heard Dawn Over a New World live in concert which is pretty much my dying wish).

These guys apparently get a LOT of hate because after Guitar Hero came out everyone went batsh!t about them. Some say they can't play live (all due to a minor, MINOR malfunction at Wacken 2006), they ripped off Slayer (compare Metal Storm by Slayer to the intro of Through the Fire and Flames), and that they speed up their guitars in the studio. All lies. >:[

Whenever I'm feeling geeky and nostalgic, I listen to Valley of the Damned and Sonic Firestorm. <3

So Dragonforce fans here, favorite song? Favorite album? Ever seen them live?

Favorite song: Dawn Over a New World
Fave album: Sonic Firestorm
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
Re: Anybody like Dragonforce?
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2013, 06:52:40 pm »
I myself have never heard of Dragonforce. :( Although may I ask, have you ever heard any songs by Lucien or Aggrenation? One of my relatives used to be in them bands!
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2013, 06:56:01 pm »
Really? Check them out! They're great.

I may have... my knowledge on power metal (idk if those bands you mentioned are even power... xD) is kinda vague (compared to my knowledge of thrash and classic metal). That's pretty sweet that you had relatives in those bands!! :D
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2013, 07:24:59 pm »
ever since i found them out because of YOU (weblacie) i think they have become my favorite band. mind you, i never really had a favorite band EVER.

Favorite song... seasons
Favorite album... Sonic Firestorm

All subject to change based on when i remember to reput some of the songs onto my ipod
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2013, 07:30:39 pm »
ever since i found them out because of YOU (weblacie) i think they have become my favorite band. mind you, i never really had a favorite band EVER.

Favorite song... seasons
Favorite album... Sonic Firestorm

All subject to change based on when i remember to reput some of the songs onto my ipod

They're amazing, aren't they?

I say get their entire discography, but if you want some of their amazing albums, their first three and The Power Within (first 3: Valley of the Damned, Sonic Firestorm, and Inhuman Rampage). Ultra Beatdown (the one album I didn't mention) is good too, but to me, it doesn't hold the nostalgic charm of the first 3.

Also, The Power Within because Marc Hudson is an amazing singer.

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 07:33:04 pm »
Ive listened to all the albums from newest to oldest EXCEPT for Valley of the Damned. I do remember that i didn't really like it after ~30 seconds of it but that was a while back.
I've got so many songs i want to download on to my iphone (like 3 different albums) but i forget to do it every time XD

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2013, 07:37:11 pm »
Ive listened to all the albums from newest to oldest EXCEPT for Valley of the Damned. I do remember that i didn't really like it after ~30 seconds of it but that was a while back.
I've got so many songs i want to download on to my iphone (like 3 different albums) but i forget to do it every time XD

Aww, give Valley another chance... ; _ ; it's a killer album~

What's your favorite song on Sonic Firestorm? Besides Dawn Over a New World, I LOVE Above the Winter Moonlight (that song is a musical masterpiece. And there's very few songs that I deem perfect like that.), Once in a Lifetime (another perfect song) and the lead single off the album, Fury of the Storm.

SCREW IT THAT WHOLE ALBUM IS DAMN PERFECT

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2013, 07:39:58 pm »

What's your favorite song on Sonic Firestorm? Besides Dawn Over a New World, I LOVE Above the Winter Moonlight (that song is a musical masterpiece. And there's very few songs that I deem perfect like that.), Once in a Lifetime (another perfect song) and the lead single off the album, Fury of the Storm.

I need to relisten to it to make sure. This is because on my iphone i for some reason cant get 2 of the songs onto it so i forgot the tune to those songs. So i need to relisten to that album... just like many others in my list of to listen to

Going to give valley another chance but its under a huge list i don't have time to listen to

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2013, 07:42:35 pm »

I need to relisten to it to make sure. This is because on my iphone i for some reason cant get 2 of the songs onto it so i forgot the tune to those songs. So i need to relisten to that album... just like many others in my list of to listen to

Going to give valley another chance but its under a huge list i don't have time to listen to

My opinions on all of Dragonforce's albums:

Valley of the Damned - Amazing.
Sonic Firestorm - Glorious Master Race xD
Inhuman Rampage - Awesome
Ultra Beatdown - Close but no cigar, but still very good.
The Power Within - Very good.

I know the feel of having a crapton of stuff to listen to. xD

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2013, 08:05:57 pm »
[fanboyism intensifies]

I don't even know where to begin with how much I like Dragonforce!!

It's hard to decide which song is my favorite, but I have to say that it is E.P.M., just because of how unique it sounds at the very beginning :D. I certainly didn't expect an 8-bit part in their song, even if they like to include video game sounds in their music.

But since it's like torture to make me choose just one favorite song, I'll have to mention my favorite song from every album.

Valley of the Damned - Valley of the Damned. I don't know what it is about this one, but I guess I have to say that it is the lyrics, for some reason. If it weren't for those I would have chosen Disciples of Babylon or Where Dragons Rule

Sonic Firestorm - My Spirit Will Go On. The solo. This song has the best solo of this album and some of the best lyrics too, but Soldiers of the Wasteland is close to it.

Inhuman Rampage - The Flame of Youth. I don't know why, but there's something about the part where ZP says:
"Through the fire, through the flames
Like the sun will rise again
Lost in time
Lost in space
To the end of all their days"

That makes it awesome in so many levels that I can't even begin to describe them.

Ultra Beatdown - (I already said this one :fox-;):)

The Power Within - Give Me the Night. I always liked the guitar in this one, because I feel that it's their most intense song ever, and until recently I didn't know it's meaning, and thanks to certain wolf-dragon that really, REALLY, likes trash metal, now I know it, and the lyrics seem to talk about being in a drug addiction

Overall, my favorite album would be... The Power Within. Mostly because it contains everything that Dragon Force is capable of, and makes them sound even better than before.

Also, a few weeks ago I wanted to see if they were coming to Mexico any time soon... AND THEY HAD ALREADY COME AND GO AND I DIDN'T EVEN HEAR ABOUT IT *Cries in a corner*

Now, to tell you why I like them so much:

Dragonforce opened my eyes to what was possible in the Metal genre. They were the ones that actually got me to get music and start to listen to it all day every day. Before I listened to them I thought that Metal was all about guitars, but then I discovered that it WAS about guitars AND drums AND bass AND keyboard AND epicness AND solos AND blowing minds. I'll admit that the first time that I listened to one of their songs was with Guitar Hero 3, but I think I've managed to become a real fan (not those that say that they like Dragonforce and don't even know the name of Through the Fire and Flames)
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2013, 08:13:15 pm »
Proto, that was beautiful. <3 \m/

Just a random question, what do you think of their ballads (you know, Starfire, Dawn Over a New World~, Trail of Broken Hearts, A Flame For Freedom, and if you wanna count it, the acoustic version of Seasons)?

As much as I love Dragonforce's usual fast songs, to me, their ballads are their best songs. So much emotion, so many feels, so much ; _ ; . ESPECIALLY Dawn Over a New World (I hope everyone's familiar with the story of why that song is so special to me.)

But as for their fast songs; Above the Winter Moonlight, Lost Souls in Endless Time, Fields of Despair, Once in a Lifetime, Reasons to Live, The Flame of Youth (I agree with you on that one), and a few others that are slipping my memory...

EDIT: MORE FAST SONGS - Disciples of Babylon, Valley of the Damned, Black Fire, Black Winter Night, My Spirit Will Go On, THE WARRIOR INSIDE~
« Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 08:21:34 pm by weblacie »

Offline Proto

• YES
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2013, 08:45:51 pm »

Just a random question, what do you think of their ballads (you know, Starfire, Dawn Over a New World~, Trail of Broken Hearts, A Flame For Freedom, and if you wanna count it, the acoustic version of Seasons)?

As much as I love Dragonforce's usual fast songs, to me, their ballads are their best songs. So much emotion, so many feels, so much ; _ ; . ESPECIALLY Dawn Over a New World (I hope everyone's familiar with the story of why that song is so special to me.)

But as for their fast songs; Above the Winter Moonlight, Lost Souls in Endless Time, Fields of Despair, Once in a Lifetime, Reasons to Live, The Flame of Youth (I agree with you on that one), and a few others that are slipping my memory...

EDIT: MORE FAST SONGS - Disciples of Babylon, Valley of the Damned, Black Fire, Black Winter Night, My Spirit Will Go On, THE WARRIOR INSIDE~

Let me answer your random question by telling you a story.

Once upon a time, in a far, far away land, my mom told me that people who listened to and that played Metal ruined their musical ear because later in life they would be unable to play slower. But then Dragonforce came and they could play both, fast and slow, and for once in my life, my mom was WRONG!! And I was like "YOU HEAR, MOM?! THEY CAN PLAY FAST AND SLOW, AND NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY PLAY BEAUTIFULLY AS WELL!!

To put it simple, Dragonforce's ballads showed me that Metal could come in any kind of rhythm, and it would sound awesome as well! Also, I think that they're great, awesome and unique, because they still have Dragonforce's style :D

As for their fast songs, they're not just pure Power. They're pure EXTREME POWER!! 'nuff said 8)
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2013, 08:53:27 pm »

Let me answer your random question by telling you a story.

Once upon a time, in a far, far away land, my mom told me that people who listened to and that played Metal ruined their musical ear because later in life they would be unable to play slower. But then Dragonforce came and they could play both, fast and slow, and for once in my life, my mom was WRONG!! And I was like "YOU HEAR, MOM?! THEY CAN PLAY FAST AND SLOW, AND NOT ONLY THAT, BUT THEY PLAY BEAUTIFULLY AS WELL!!

To put it simple, Dragonforce's ballads showed me that Metal could come in any kind of rhythm, and it would sound awesome as well! Also, I think that they're great, awesome and unique, because they still have Dragonforce's style :D

As for their fast songs, they're not just pure Power. They're pure EXTREME POWER!! 'nuff said 8)

Agreed! The first Dragonforce ballad I heard was Trail of Broken Hearts (because for the longest time I listened to a select few songs by them; all fast songs). My mind was BLOWN. I didn't know they played slow ballads like that. I creeped me out in a good way. xD

And hell yes they are!! :D

What's your favorite DF ballad? I won't be mad if you don't say Dawn Over a New World xD

Offline Proto

• YES
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2013, 09:06:24 pm »
If you count it as a ballad, I'd say that the acoustic version of Seasons is my favorite ballad, but if you don't want to, Dawn Over a New World is indeed my favorite ballad. I'm not saying this just so I get a cookie xD, because I really like it. The beginning on piano is stuck in my mind, and I remember it much more than the other ones, and I always liked to think that it means that there will be always a good day ahead of us, even if it's not the best one right now ;u;
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2013, 09:47:40 pm »
If you count it as a ballad, I'd say that the acoustic version of Seasons is my favorite ballad, but if you don't want to, Dawn Over a New World is indeed my favorite ballad. I'm not saying this just so I get a cookie xD, because I really like it. The beginning on piano is stuck in my mind, and I remember it much more than the other ones, and I always liked to think that it means that there will be always a good day ahead of us, even if it's not the best one right now ;u;

Well, you get one anyway. :3

That's exactly what it means. The message of the song is to face your fears and rise above your problems, which is just gorgeous. <3

Offline Proto

• YES
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2013, 09:58:01 pm »

That's exactly what it means. The message of the song is to face your fears and rise above your problems, which is just gorgeous. <3

Thank you~

And, by the way, I suddenly find myself in a dilemma. I just found out that there are two Dragonforce that I've never heard before (Lost Souls in Endless Time and Power of the Ninja Sword), and I don't know how to feel. On one hand, I want to feel happy, because the both of them are awesome and I got to listen to them at least once, and on the other one I want to be mad at me, because I didn't listen to them before, and on one foot I'm envious of Japan, because they get all the nice things before us

What do you think I should be feeling? :???:
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2013, 10:12:48 pm »
im checking them out right now, i think my ears just cameXD im listening to the inhuman rampage album
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2013, 10:20:22 pm »

Thank you~

And, by the way, I suddenly find myself in a dilemma. I just found out that there are two Dragonforce that I've never heard before (Lost Souls in Endless Time and Power of the Ninja Sword), and I don't know how to feel. On one hand, I want to feel happy, because the both of them are awesome and I got to listen to them at least once, and on the other one I want to be mad at me, because I didn't listen to them before, and on one foot I'm envious of Japan, because they get all the nice things before us

Well, Lost Souls in Endless Time is on the Special Edition of Inhuman Rampage, which is a US release and is available on iTunes (if you aren't a music pirate like me xD but I buy stuff on iTunes sometimes). However, you may have to download Power of the Ninja Sword somewhere unless you somehow get your hands on the Japanese version of The Power Within.

@barkinupyourtree14: Hehehe I know that feel. xD

Offline Syphon76

• Do you like hurting other people?
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 18
  • The guy that pops in every month or so.
    • Twitter - xavcubed
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2013, 10:58:26 pm »
THROUGH THE FIRE AND THE FLAMES WE CARRY OOOOOOOONNNNN!
Ojne of the greatest Rock bands I've ever heard.
...and his music was electric.

Offline Proto

• YES
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2013, 11:15:39 pm »

Thank you~

Well, Lost Souls in Endless Time is on the Special Edition of Inhuman Rampage, which is a US release and is available on iTunes (if you aren't a music pirate like me xD but I buy stuff on iTunes sometimes). However, you may have to download Power of the Ninja Sword somewhere unless you somehow get your hands on the Japanese version of The Power Within.

@barkinupyourtree14: Hehehe I know that feel. xD

:pirat: YO HO! YO HO! A PIRATE LIFE FOR ME!

Aye aye, me 'ave sail'd th' seven webs and me c'me back with a booty worth o' kings

That means that I already got both of them and already listened to them :lol-fox: (They're so fu-ing awesome!!), but I didn't listen to them earlier in my life, which is unfair for the Me from the past
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices