Author Topic: Why did you pick your fursona's species?  (Read 11764 times)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
Why did you pick your fursona's species?
« on: September 18, 2013, 10:24:14 pm »
I made Alisha a wolf-dragon because my two favorite animals are dragons and wolves. Also, it pays homage to my childhood; my first fursona/character was a self-named red wolf dragon (except I spelled the name Layci instead of Lacie). Alisha is a re-invention of Layci; just blue and silver instead of red and gold and less of a Mary Sue.

Jeffery is a Siberian Husky because Siberian Huskies have always been my favorite breed of dog. When I was younger I was obsessed with dog-sled racing (mushing) and I dreamed of racing in the Iditarod Dog Sled Race in Alaska someday.

Tasha is a Slavic Lion because that breed is a breed I made up. It came about when I asked myself, "What if female lions had manes, too? But shorter than the male's?"
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Re: Why did you pick your fursona's species?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 10:31:23 pm »
Without a doubt, I have no idea why I picked a wolf. I'm coming up with blanks but the real question should be why is my fursona a spartan?

The answer is simple, because they're B.A!

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 10:35:16 pm »
Proto is a gray fox because of several reasons. First of all, I always liked foxes, wolves and dogs, but I couldn't decide on one of them, so I decided to search random images of either of those to see which one was better. I considered how much trouble I was having, so I discarded dog because there were just too many breeds to choose from. Then I decided to search for foxes and wolves that lived in my country (That would be Mexico) and when I googled gray foxes (I've seen a few here where I live) and saw them in those images I could only think "This one is perfect!".

Also, before Proto I had another fursona, but that was kind of a "Sparkledog" as defined by Wikifur. He was just a random blue canine (I never knew what I should call it xD) and I guess we can call him the prototype of Proto, or as I've come to call it Protoproto :P *Is killed because of his horrible idea*
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Red Velvet

• Cake Dragon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 273
  • It's peppermint season!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 10:50:32 pm »
I chose a dragon mainly because since they're fictional (to most C;) they can really be anything and look like anything- THUS it serves as a huge canvas for creativity. Plus, dragons are loyal and brave, and just freakin' cool.
I am all of these things. Modest, too //shot

Besides that I just really like animals so I have 23458234510913 fursonas of different species
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Flight Rising
♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello!

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2013, 10:59:20 pm »
I was torn between a Kit Fox, and a Gray Wolf. I couldn't decide which one I liked more though, so I morphed structural features together, this forming Gaz the Maroon Wolx!

People always ask me why he's weirdly colored, and the answer to that is because I'm creative and I love how he looks!

Gaz is the best character I've ever come up with and I'll never get rid of or forget about him.

So I Guess I chose it because it's unique!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 11:01:50 pm by Gaz »
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »
I'm pretty into the TLK fandom and I figured that if I were going to make a fursona, it might as well be a species that's not horribly common in the furry fandom. My fur friends probably would've laughed themselves silly if I had chosen a wolf. I have nothing against wolves. They're majestic creatures. They're just SO common as far as furs go.
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2013, 11:35:09 pm »
I'm pretty into the TLK fandom and I figured that if I were going to make a fursona, it might as well be a species that's not horribly common in the furry fandom. My fur friends probably would've laughed themselves silly if I had chosen a wolf. I have nothing against wolves. They're majestic creatures. They're just SO common as far as furs go.

I agree. Wolves are EVERYWHERE in the fur fandom. Only reason why I picked my main 'sona to be part wolf was because wolves are really special to me.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2013, 11:40:47 pm »

I agree. Wolves are EVERYWHERE in the fur fandom. Only reason why I picked my main 'sona to be part wolf was because wolves are really special to me.

Understandably so. I love wolves too. My poet's mind has to work in overdrive just to attempt to articulate their grace, strength, and beauty. L=
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2013, 11:41:45 pm »

Understandably so. I love wolves too. My poet's mind has to work in overdrive just to attempt to articulate their grace, strength, and beauty. L=

They're awesome animals!! :D

And I totally know that feeling. :3

Offline Ngm1998

• *Slams face on table*
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 51
  • IM BACK BB
    • DeviantArt - ngm1998
    • FurAffinity - mewlover187
  • Fursona Species: Shiny mew
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2013, 06:40:17 am »
I picked my sona mainly because mew is my FAVORITE pokemon ever! The second being I have almost never seen a mew fursona with a few exceptions.
  • Pronouns: Her/She/Hers
MEWS, MEWS EVERYWHERE!

IM AN ENIGMA!!!

Trans pride~ <3

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2013, 11:58:47 am »
Fursona is an antropomorphosized version of my actual dog which is a collie.

Offline Argento

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Winged unicorn :3
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2013, 12:42:52 pm »
I went for a horse as they are probably the animal I relate to best. They're so majestic and beautiful to look at but also so powerful at the same time. I also spend a lot of time around horses and have grown to love and trust them in a way which I don't have with other animals.
Psst. I know who you are... Hail Sithis

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #12 on: September 19, 2013, 01:04:36 pm »
I unconsciously had a feeling with canines when I was younger. I consider wolves like a perfect representation of power, freedom, magnificience and primal instincts. That is why I have a wolf as a fursona.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.

Offline Battery

• Zombiesaurus Rex
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 53
  • Name's Ash....Housewares. Groovy.
  • Fursona Species: Lythronax argestes
« Reply #13 on: September 19, 2013, 01:23:13 pm »
I'm a partially hairless zombie dog thing!!! Because I'm a freak. Skip being all fluffy and cuddly, I wanna be all gross, nasty, and wrinkly covered in blood and guts yum X3
DeviantArt - FurAffinity - Weasyl - Tumblr - Twitter - Skype: BatteryAcidLeak

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • FCW6s A C- D++ H+ M- P- R+++ T++ W- Z- Sm# RLU a-
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2013, 04:17:06 pm »
Because wolves are very clever and loyal... and they are my fav animal!
we all need alittle :nuzzle:

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2013, 04:46:27 pm »
When at first picking my fursona, I had to decide between a dragon and a wolf since I really liked both of them and no mater what combination I made I did not like any hybrid of the both that represented me. Then one day it just suddenly hit me that I felt really connected towards wolves. Don't know why it was just a feeling that hit me.

I plan to actuAlly make an alt later as a dragon.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2013, 04:53:11 pm »
Originally I chose the liona fursona because at the time, it seemed to reflect my leadership tendencies. A lion is supposed to be strong and I am very physically fit. But lately I felt the lion didn't quite match my personality, and one evening as I was admiring dusk, I saw a squadron of geese flying overhead. On second thoughts, maybe they were swans that I saw. Anyway, I had a poem in my journal and it came with a spectacular image of snow geese flying in the night sky. Immediately it gave me an idea: I'll adapt it to my fursona, so here I am - a snow goose. One more star in the night sky.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2013, 07:51:00 pm »
i enjoy the look of K9 anthros (this includes wolves) and so that is what i created in my mind. black fur, grey eyes, fluffy tail,all pretty generic only difference is the uniqueness on the inside
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2013, 07:55:02 pm »
i enjoy the look of K9 anthros (this includes wolves) and so that is what i created in my mind. black fur, grey eyes, fluffy tail,all pretty generic only difference is the uniqueness on the inside

Yeah, I like going for simplistic characters. But if I'm feeling creative I'll make a hybrid of two animals (I try not to do more than 3, because then it gets kinda complicated). Also, I try not to overpower my characters. I'll give them "real-life" super powers like above-average strength and speed (but not like as strong as Superman or as fast as light), flight, etc. Nothing like controlling the elements or time travel.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 07:58:11 pm »

Yeah, I like going for simplistic characters. But if I'm feeling creative I'll make a hybrid of two animals (I try not to do more than 3, because then it gets kinda complicated). Also, I try not to overpower my characters. I'll give them "real-life" super powers like above-average strength and speed (but not like as strong as Superman or as fast as light), flight, etc. Nothing like controlling the elements or time travel.
my fav superpower is telekenis. it is an extreemly versitile power.
Add me on skype! kyle.muns