Author Topic: Why did you pick your fursona's species?  (Read 11777 times)

Offline Hieroglyph

• Vilous nerd
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 126
  • Fantasy > Reality
  • Fursona Species: Artificially-created creature/monster
Re: Why did you pick your fursona's species?
« Reply #140 on: May 04, 2017, 11:21:10 pm »
Hieroglyph: I didn't really choose their species, I was just drawing character concepts and ended up getting attached to them over time. They were the same species as they are now.

Blaine: I wanted a skullbeast fursona, since I love them. But canine ones are sorta overdone, and I've also wanted a rat fursona for a while. So combine the two, and there you have Blaine.

Goldcobra: This was my username on Animal Jam, and I just happened to make a mascot out of it. But I do love cobras (and snakes in general), so maybe that's the reason deep down. (You could consider the reason I chose my username to be the reason I chose his fursona species.)

Sigil: I was actually drawing concepts for anthro microraptors, but then I slowly started turning the character into a crow with a weird tail. Huh. Also, I'm actually considering revamping his design or even species, so I might have to update this post sometime in the future.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt gold
  • Award - Halloween Hunt participant
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - homoflexible
  • Pride Flag - polysexual
  • Pronouns: He/him or they/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

[ 4w5 - INxP - Otherkin - Agnostic - Pescetarian ]
Icon is from OMORI, a game by Omocat

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Itsudemu guusukapii, Hoshi no Kaabii~
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
« Reply #141 on: May 04, 2017, 11:32:29 pm »
I've actually been thinking about my favorite animal on Animal Jam (a cheetah named Pouncing Icycat) into a fursona. I haven't played it since my membership expired, and I have better things to do now, so I've been thinking about making ol' Pouncing into a 'sona for memory's sake. Yes, I'd keep her AJ outfit and name, too. Why not?

So that'd be her backstory if I do turn her into a character.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (For myself OOC - She/her/hers)

Offline Raven Foxx

• yip
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 32
  • rawr
    • DeviantArt - Ravenhoof
    • FurAffinity - Raven-Foxx
    • Weasyl - RavenFoxx
  • Fursona Species: Droxen
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2017, 06:16:27 pm »
I guess I technically have 3 fursonas.

Raven Foxx: This is my main fursona. I chose to make her a fox because of my long love of foxes.
Jeremiah Eagleclaw: Secondary fursona. He's a Griffon. I chose that because I thought it would fit his soaring personality!

Francis: Tertiary fursona: He is an Eastern Dragon. I don't really know why I chose this. He started out as an accidental character, and now he's one of the Big Three.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their or She/Her/Hers

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
    • Quotev
« Reply #143 on: May 11, 2017, 04:08:23 am »
Francis: Tertiary fursona: He is an Eastern Dragon. I don't really know why I chose this. He started out as an accidental character, and now he's one of the Big Three.
Yes!! Finally, another eastern dragon! Karasu's not the only one anymore! xD

Right now, I chose Ciel because Ciel is my spirit animal.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl

Offline Graham

• 50% moth, 50% man
  • Cookies: 73
  • 100% boyfriend material
  • Fursona Species: Death's Head Moth
« Reply #144 on: May 11, 2017, 04:42:33 pm »
I didn't have much of a choice with Leilani. I got her fursuit secondhand, and I thought her anatomy most resembled a corgi's.
Exxus and Pill were made simply because I love opossums and giant, supernatural monsters.
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - genderqueer
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their
  • Award - Graphic Artist

dancer, amateur writer, and destroyer of West Virginia bridges
Avatar by tsukiko26 & Signature Icon by zerlc

Offline Serana

• Local Vampire Queen
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 248
  • I don't bite...hard
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Pig of somesort
« Reply #145 on: June 01, 2017, 12:16:18 am »
Nagi - Polymorphic Slime Monster(or basically a shapeshifting goo cat). Lets see there's a few reasons I chose her species but in the end I made her a polymorph cause I always hated being stuck to a single form I'd honestly be much happier if I could at least have two irl I also identify as a polymorph otherkin. It just fits, the goo bit is mostly just aesthetic and shapeshifting goo makes sense since goo doesn't have a solid form. Her default forms is mostly that of a cat since I love cats, see myself as a cat occasionally, and well cats are fun to draw.
Lorii - Vampire rat, the first of my vampire characters and sonas. She was originally an opossum(before that a bat but kinda a different character but same name at that time) but despite my love for opossums, rats have always had a special place in my heart after owning some. I had to make her a rat, being a vampire....well I always kinda like vampires but never admitted it, I like the night, I'm not allergic to the sun but my eyes are sensitive, and always had a thing for blood tbh but really theres no real reason other than my Skyrim avatar at the time(and basically everyone of them now) is a vampire and it just reminds me when I was a kid. I loved the taste of blood so much I actually "forced" myself to stop liking it and licking my wounds cause I thought I'd turn XD Now I now that'll never happen....and I'm not the only who does it >u>''
Spider - Axolotl, I like axolotls. Still want one as a pet, I was doing a lot of research on them at the time. Its not noticeable but I love amphibians.
Serana/Unnamed cougar - I love cats, Nagi is more like a domestic than anything so I wanted a big cat for the longest time. Tried making myself lions as I like lions, I loved the first two Lion King movies and always like the look of the outlanders or whatever you call them(mostly their more darker muted colors). Never made a design I liked, starting experimenting with other big cats and landed on the cougar. Stylized it could fit yet not totally and more like a small cat plus cool muzzle marking, cougars are also native to my country and at one point my state apperently, it just fit. The vampire bit is same as Lorii and at this point it just feels wrong not to be a vampire
(I'm sure I'll find this cringey one day though -w-'')
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline festive avery

• "FT's local goth sloth" - Foxi 2K17
  • Board Moderator
  • Cookies: 70
  • happy holidays ♥♥
    • DeviantArt - inkedspace
    • FurAffinity - inkedspace
    • Twitter - gothslof
  • Fursona Species: three-toed sloth
« Reply #146 on: June 01, 2017, 01:02:11 am »
Avery: I love sloths, I'm lazy, I'm slow, I love to eat and sleep. I also love the color pink, and my hair is pink. I basically just made myself in sloth form lol
Blue cheese: I needed a 'gross out' fursona. Well, he's not gross at all (he's cute af imo), but I ended up liking his design. I also needed a masculine/male fursona.
Draven: I love vamps and bats. She's also more goth looking than Avery, so I use her (in my mind at least) when I'm feeling REALLY goth

I'm bad at describing things lol.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: they/them/their or he/him/his

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
    • Quotev
« Reply #147 on: June 01, 2017, 12:50:51 pm »
Welp, time to explain my new fursona and the two I didn't mention earlier.

Shieru Hikari is my newest fursona. For her species, I chose to make her a coyote/Akita Inu hybrid, because I'd wanted a coyote fursona for a while, and Akitas are one of my favorite dog breeds. I decided a hybrid between the two would be fitting, plus then I'd be able to have both.

Midnight Darkhowl and Dusk Whisper are my two Pokémon fursonas. Midnight is a Houndoom, because I'd wanted a dog fursona, and since Houndoom is both a dog and a demon... what's better than that for someone whose main sona and main alt are a reaper and a demon? Houndoom is also my 2nd favorite Pokémon, so I'd wanted one for a character.

Dusk is a Purrloin, because Purrloin is my favorite Pokémon ever. It's purple, which is my 2nd favorite color, and it's basically a cat, which are my favorite animals. I also really just love Purrloin's personality and everything, so I decided it was only fitting to make one for a character. Originally, she was just going to be a character for a roleplay, but then I decided to make her Foxi's Pokémon. That's how she eventually became a fursona.

Silaluk Jade is hardly even finished, but I chose her species to be a Malayan Tiger, because tigers are my favorite animals ever, and Malayan Tigers are my favorite breed.

Foxi Ravenheart was actually originally just going to be a traditional red fox, but eventually, I decided to make her a red fox/Maine Coon hybrid. Over time, that idea evolved into a whitemark fox/Maine Coon hybrid, with a "bit of Tibetan Wolf mixed in". The reason I say that is I still haven't decided whether or not I want to keep the whole catwolx idea, or just change her back to a catfox. I only decided to make her a catwolx because part of her personality is really wolflike (for example, howling), but she really looks more like a plain hybrid between a fox and a cat. Every part of her wolf side would just be in personality and everything, but really, I think I could accomplish the same just by keeping her a catfox, since some of her behaviors could still be called foxlike. She became a grim reaper because I decided I liked the idea of a shinigami fursona, and while being part demon might not make any sense to those who don't know her history, I cleared up the reasoning for that in her backstory, which makes it seem much more well thought-out that you'd think. Basically, she was a demon before she became a reaper, but when she became a reaper for reasons, the transformation didn't fully take place and she was left 65% reaper and 35% demon, blah blah blah.... that kind of thing. I really need to write her backstory out sometime...

Karasu Fateseeker was originally going to be a sergal, but then I decided to make her an eastern dragon instead. I'd wanted a dragonlike fursona, but still something with fur instead of scales, but I decided I liked the idea of an eastern dragon better than a sergal anyway. I decided to make her an eastern spirit dragon/western ice dragon (hence why I call her an "Icespirit Dragon") due to her basic elemental control over ice and the fact that she lives in a frozen tundra.

Katsuro Shisen was always going to be a three-tailed demon kitsune. He was just going to originally be solid white and feral. Eventually, I turned him into an anthro and gave him his silver markings. For a fun fact, his real name is Katsuro Stargazer, but he prefers to go by Katsuro Shisen instead.
This is actually because I decided it'd make more sense if both his first and his last name were Japanese, so I just turned Stargazer into his middle name instead and made up my reasoning for it in his backstory.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl

Offline Addy

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 5
  • I don't know what I'm doing
    • Twitter - @_addycat
  • Fursona Species: Kitty
« Reply #148 on: June 01, 2017, 06:09:47 pm »
Because it is a stereotype that foxes are sluts and I'm a huge slut so it fits. Plus foxes are cute and smart.
  • Pride Flag - gay
PM me I like meeting people. Or don't. I don't care.
Follow me on the Twitters

Offline Bones

• Cactus Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • We didn't start the fire
  • Fursona Species: Bearded Vulture
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2017, 05:55:21 pm »
I decided to go with dragon now because of a lot of reasons
I was born on the year of the dragon
I like medieval shit
You can have so much creativity with a dragon
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #150 on: June 02, 2017, 06:01:58 pm »
I chose folf for I'm sneaky like a fox, but very running-around-for-no-good-reason and ready to attack like a wolf.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
    • Quotev
« Reply #151 on: June 02, 2017, 06:12:22 pm »
Foxi is a reaper/demon thing because I am a Black Butler nerd like the idea of creatures that go around reaping the souls of the dying and directing them to where they'll go after life, and demons are cool too, with their soul-eating and whatnot.

Foxi is based off the reapers and demons from Black Butler. Katsuro is just a general non-anime-based demon.
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl

Offline Bones

• Cactus Enthusiast
  • Forum Elder
  • Cookies: 752
  • We didn't start the fire
  • Fursona Species: Bearded Vulture
« Reply #152 on: June 19, 2017, 05:56:20 pm »
Oops new sona new post
I'm pretty stubborn, intelligent, and come off as grumpy
So I chose a donkey
Plus I just find them cute
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #153 on: June 19, 2017, 06:10:37 pm »
I chose Sprite, my DAD because I associate DADs as being rambunctious creatures. I chose Protogen for Marvin because I associate them with intelligence.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 829
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #154 on: June 19, 2017, 10:36:16 pm »
(Already talked about Mystic, time for Amelia)
Not going to lie, I picked a roo because I wanted a design by InkRoo and she's most known for her Roos and they were kind of trendy on twitter (especially ones by her). I never imagined I'd connect with Amelia so much! Now I've reserched Roos more and I love them and they actually represent me well
(Also if I hadn't impulse bought Amelia and just stuck to my first roo i bought from ink I doubt I would have used her much so I'm glad I bought Amelia)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Dolly

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 79
  • King Thranduil is coolest
    • FurAffinity - zazanga
  • Fursona Species: Rabbit
« Reply #155 on: June 20, 2017, 12:56:14 am »
I'm a serious dog person, and after caring for one Great Dane a chord was struck within me. Finally! a creature that was intelligent and pretty, but also horribly clumsy. I related so much.

Though to be honest, I love dogs so much that I'd make a character out of any breed.
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
pet me please                                   ENFP