Author Topic: Why did you pick your fursona's species?  (Read 10408 times)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
Re: Why did you pick your fursona's species?
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 08:00:08 pm »
i enjoy the look of K9 anthros (this includes wolves) and so that is what i created in my mind. black fur, grey eyes, fluffy tail,all pretty generic only difference is the uniqueness on the inside

Yeah, I like going for simplistic characters. But if I'm feeling creative I'll make a hybrid of two animals (I try not to do more than 3, because then it gets kinda complicated). Also, I try not to overpower my characters. I'll give them "real-life" super powers like above-average strength and speed (but not like as strong as Superman or as fast as light), flight, etc. Nothing like controlling the elements or time travel.
my fav superpower is telekenis. it is an extreemly versitile power.

That's coolio~ Telekinesis would be really useful in real life.

A lot of superpowers would be really useful in real life.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2013, 08:04:43 pm »
i enjoy the look of K9 anthros (this includes wolves) and so that is what i created in my mind. black fur, grey eyes, fluffy tail,all pretty generic only difference is the uniqueness on the inside

Yeah, I like going for simplistic characters. But if I'm feeling creative I'll make a hybrid of two animals (I try not to do more than 3, because then it gets kinda complicated). Also, I try not to overpower my characters. I'll give them "real-life" super powers like above-average strength and speed (but not like as strong as Superman or as fast as light), flight, etc. Nothing like controlling the elements or time travel.

did u see that movie where the guys fall in a cave and gain powers? and then one of them goes crazy and trys to kill everyone? he films everything that happens to them.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

did u see that movie where the guys fall in a cave and gain powers? and then one of them goes crazy and trys to kill everyone? he films everything that happens to them.

I don't think I have. What's it called? Do you remember?
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2013, 08:12:25 pm »

i just looked it up, Chronicle :P

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:04 pm »

I think I've heard of it. It sounds familiar. :3

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2013, 08:22:46 pm »

i enjoyed it much

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2013, 08:24:01 pm »

i enjoyed it much

I'll have to find and watch it. :D

Offline Ngm1998

• *Slams face on table*
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 51
  • IM BACK BB
    • DeviantArt - ngm1998
    • FurAffinity - mewlover187
  • Fursona Species: Shiny mew
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2013, 08:24:44 pm »
I saw that and I really liked it.
  • Pronouns: Her/She/Hers
MEWS, MEWS EVERYWHERE!

IM AN ENIGMA!!!

Trans pride~ <3

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2013, 08:25:22 pm »

i enjoyed it much

I'll have to find and watch it. :D

Didn't nigahiga make a parody on this movie?
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline CyanBlitz

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • I'm sure if serious or not... :p
    • DeviantArt - K1337NESS
    • FurAffinity - CyanBlitz
    • Twitter - CyanBlitz
  • Fursona Species: Thylacine
« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »
I chose a thylacine because I couldn't choose between a wolf and a tiger and for some reason I kept thinking about Ty the Tasmanian Tiger(which is weird because I only played it once a long time ago...). I knew a Tasmanian tiger was defiantly not a type of tiger but, I never really new it was a real animal before I did research on it. After, that I just fell in love with the animal and used it as my fursona! :fox-:):
~                                       \¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸ ...¸.¤\
                                          \.FURRY 4 LIFE! ~ \
                                           .\¸.¤*¨¨*¤ .¸¸.¸.¤*
                                              \
                                            ☻/
                                            /▌
                                            / \ FURRY PRIDE METER:██████████████████████OVER9000%

Offline Azurus

• Red Level
  • Candies: 1
  • Rawr o3o
    • FurAffinity - http://www.furaffinity.net/user/lunatone/
  • Fursona Species: Two forms: Wookie and Siamese cat
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2013, 10:14:38 pm »
I am a Wookie fursona at heart, but sadly I let others influence my thinking, thus I created a second form for my sona, a Siamese cat.

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2013, 09:20:36 am »
When i was in 5th grade, I needed a character for a Redwall roleplay, and I was going to be the villain, and the villains are always a set group of "vermin". So my choices were a fox, a rat, a weasel, a ferret, or a stoat, basically. There are other creatures too but those are the ones I would have picked from.

One of my favorite books was Marlfox, and some of my favorite characters were foxes, so I went ahead and made Krowdon a fox. She's changed a lot since then, in personality and appearance (she was originally male) but she's still my girl.

I've thought about changing, but imagining her as anything but a fox is too weird.  Then when I started doing Redwall things online I became Krowdon, and I've used her name for everything ever since (sometimes I had to use her full name) and when I discovered the fandom, she became my fursona.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 10:56:50 pm »
I chose a snow leopard for a couple reasons. First of all, I love cats, so I knew my fursona would have to be a feline. Also, I feel more of a connection with snow leopards than any other animal.  Snow leopards are shy, cautious, and intelligent, and I am all of those things. Plus, I personally think that they are one of the most beautiful animals out there. I added the blue to my fursona because blue is my favorite color, and I want something unique about me.
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Cola

• Rockin that red level
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Wusky
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2013, 08:47:21 pm »
OK, since I tried to make everything about Cola symbolize something, this may be long.

I've always loved wolves. Their just beautiful creatures, and have always been the first thing I picture when I think of wildlife. Huskies are my favorite breed of dogs, and I have always admired their strength, loyalty, and playfulness. Cola was origionally a wolf, but as soon as I found out that wuskies are actually real, he became a hybrid.

His blue coat symbolizes my favorite color as well as the blue sky of Texas, where I was visiting my cousins at the time I was creating Cola. It also symbolizes that I am cold-natured (prefer the cold rather than the heat.)

His right eye is green and his left eye is green, showing his two main personalities.

Play with me on the Playstation 3! >> ColatheWolf
Add me on Skype! >> gabe.salomon

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2013, 03:46:57 pm »
Originally, It was going to be a rat on account of how curious and clever I am. I didn't really like the thought of having it as a rat, so I decided to choose the next best thing, a ferret.  :fox-:P:
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline Flix

• Quit. If you're looking for me, try DA.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 39
  • Tired of being bashed.
    • DeviantArt - flix_the_fox
    • LiveJournal - flix_forever
    • Flixsuits
  • Fursona Species: Monsterdog
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2013, 06:06:10 pm »
I've loved foxes since watching Robin Hood and The Fox and The Hound when I was little.
As I grew, my lack of social interaction and constant alertness made me so unconsciously foxy, although at the time I thought of myself as a cat. One day it just snapped- I am fox.

An amount of years back,  I kept seeing Border Collies all over the internet, and thought to myself 'Wow! I wanna get one of those!' So, eventually I did (a mix) and around that time I was redesigning my fursona.
Border Collies represent my 'herding' skills, creativity, and constant boredom. I just recently changed Flix's tail and ears to look more Collie-ish  :fox-:):
Now, being the daughter of Fenrir in Norse Mythology is a different story entirely...

Offline Alex

• Red Level
  • Candies: 5
    • DeviantArt - MiklaW
  • Fursona Species: Sika deer
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2013, 12:07:09 am »
I love the ocean, I could lay under the water forever. I float face down,near the surface close enough for snorkel to be exposed but deep enough for my ears to be submerged reducing all sound to a light murmur. I move with the rhythmic motion of the waves,my worries and anxieties drown in them,clearing my normally jumbled mind.It feels as though I dissolve into the water. I carefully scan the ocean floor searching for signs of life, with a sharp eye I'll spot a tiny hermit crab creeping by,I reach down and let him scurry across my fingers before he disappears into the sand. Sometimes a small school of fish will swim below me,frantically swimming towards any sand I may stir up. I'll try to catch the fish,and fail,sometimes my finger will glide against their smooth body,but only for a second.   I'll hold my breath and allow myself to sink to the floor,the pull of the waves is stronger here, I drag my fingers and toes through the sand. With the push of a powerful wave I'll find myself on the shore,before returning from the freedom of the water I'll feel the sand and shells move around me body.
 That sounded really cheesey, but truly is how the water is for me. So,it was only natural to choose some sort of marine life. My fursona is a shark,my favorite animal,and the king of the ocean.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2013, 02:52:32 pm »
Because I have a strong love for Cervines as animals. I personally find that few animals are able to match the grace, beauty and spirituality of deer. So I think they're highly representative of the beauty of the natural world. I love getting to see them in the wild. Mainly due to their shy and skittish behavior, I can draw some parallels between them and myself, helping me form a sense of relation to the animals. I chose a Fallow deer as my fursona in particular because they're one of the most abundant species of cervine in my area and I find that they're among the most ascetically pleasing.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Ninaiso

• Otaku Fur
  • Candies: 4
  • Fur of Many Interests
    • DeviantArt - Ninaiso
    • FurAffinity - Ninaiso
    • My tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Druniforretoxairy
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2013, 01:44:10 pm »
Well... I have always adored Dragons, Wolves, Foxes, Ferrets, Unicorns, and Fairies!
I couldn't decide what to choose or what to mix, So I decided to mix them all together!
But I didn't want something super complicated that would be hard to draw over and over. So I tried to be as simple as possible with it all while still having the different species recognizable, while being colorful and unique as well as being easy on the eyes! I call her species a Druniforretoxairy. A little long and complicated I know, so Druni for short. XD Most think it's ridiculous and stupid, but I myself adore it and that's what matters. ^^

I love my fursona very much, and plan to keep her for a long while.  :fox-:):
Pixels and Pages
...yea I have no idea what to put here

Offline shyguy25

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Friends are important in life
  • Fursona Species: dog
« Reply #39 on: December 12, 2013, 02:20:55 pm »
I picked a dog because I have four dogs and they are kind of amusing to me however I was going to be a gopher but they are sort of boring.
What is life but a timeline to death what is death but an end to the timeline of life.