Author Topic: Why did you pick your fursona's species?  (Read 10415 times)

Offline Wolfmaster721

• Candies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
Re: Why did you pick your fursona's species?
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2013, 10:54:59 pm »
Man, I am also fond of wolfs. But I really like snow leopards,and even though I'm allergic to cat hair.
找 学 中文
I learn Chinese

Offline Fables

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Happiest holidays to each and everyone~!
    • DeviantArt - littlestwings
  • Fursona Species: European Lynx
« Reply #41 on: December 16, 2013, 10:39:28 am »
Oh I wish this thread had more replies - I love hearing about how different fursonas came to be~!

The original Fables was a cat/dog hybrid with a long history, she started off as one of my roleplay characters many, many years ago; back when I first knew about the fandom but wouldn't have considered myself a part of it. Over the years I grew attached to her and she started to change and take on different attributes that attributed to my likes and personality until she became nothing like her original self (aside from her color scheme, which never changed!) and almost entirely my fursona.

For the longest time I wanted to change her to be even more like what I wanted my fursona to be but she's got so much life on her own that I knew I couldn't, so I tried to maintain her as she was but with no-longer being a part of the roleplay community she started on and having grown so much apart from her I felt like we weren't connecting anymore~

So I recently decided to retire her and adapt my 'kintype into my fursona as I've long wanted to do! I'm keeping Fable's name as a tip of the hat to my old character and though I really wanted to keep her coat white like Fables's was, I do so love the rusty orange coat of the siberian lynx. <3

Aside from connecting with them spiritually, and adoring their physical appearance I'd pick lynx because I love the grace of cats, and the wildness. Lynxes are adaptable, like me! They climb trees, swim, and run. They have good strong legs like me, and they're quiet and unassuming, watchful of their forest homes. I feel like they're very connected with forest terrain and forests are my favorite places to be.

Sorry for the novel, haha.  :fox-:P:

Offline Auril

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 2
  • Fursona Species: Hybrid
« Reply #42 on: December 16, 2013, 02:01:07 pm »
What made me choose the fursona I am is just my creative nature. I just liked the combinations of the things that I put together that make my fursona as he is.
Manamana!

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 329
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #43 on: December 27, 2013, 10:42:07 am »
I choes a tiger becuse 1:my favoret football team is the Bengals
2: on the chines zodeac im a tiger (i live in amerca i jest perfer the chines z.)
3:out of all the anemals in the world the 1 i know most about s the tiger.
4: it is my favoret . :tiger:
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
« Reply #44 on: December 27, 2013, 12:47:32 pm »
I chose a Shiba Inu for my new 'sona since I love Shibes, and not to mention the doge memes. <3
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #45 on: December 27, 2013, 02:04:07 pm »
I've always loved sharks, they've always struck me as very majestic and powerful. I picked a bull shark because they have a tendency to be aggressive- which sort of matches up with my personality, since I have anger management issues. (Don't worry though, I don't bite)
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline Fragen

• Professional Feline and OP of #Teenagefurs
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Fursona Species: House Cat
« Reply #46 on: December 27, 2013, 02:13:40 pm »
I just always liked cats. Plus, I'm very lazy so it fits
My skype is Fragenn1 and my kik is Fragen1 if you add me just tell me where you know me from. Also, feel free to stop by #furryteens or #teenagefurs on furnet

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #47 on: December 27, 2013, 05:07:04 pm »
Mango was originally just a fennec fox, because i loved their adorable little faces and how skittish and playful they act, which is what I was like at 13-14 :fox-:P: also since i live in the desert and love hot weather, I could relate to them more than any wolf or red fox. Plus they seemed pretty uncommon compared to foxes/wolves/huskies in the fandom, and i wanted to stand out a little bit. Later on she became a fennec fox - cockatiel hybrid because of my affinity for birds and how cheeky and playful my pet cockatiel was at the time.

Sparrow was based on sparrowhawks and Bengal tigers originally, and she was just a regular colour tiger. Really i only made her because sparrow hawks and Bengal tigers were two of my favourite animals, and i wanted a winged character, because a the time i was bad at drawing just birds, but still really had an affinity towards them ouo
later she became a golden-tabby mutation Bengal and was crossed with a wedge tailed eagle, which is my favourite raptor & i guess somewhat of a spirit animal to me. I feel a connection to these birds more than any other animal, and have vivid dreams of me flying as one or with one pretty regularly. They're such gorgeous and awe-inspiring animals. Sparrow also goes by King, Emperor or Pharoh, and has a lot of royal/dominance/control motifs because her species are the top predators in their ecosystems.

I picked a sika deer as my current fursona because i find them so enchanting - they're so sweet and gentle and delicate, definitely my highlight of japan was visiting the ones in miyajima and the deer park in Nara. Their shy and timid but sweet and friendly nature is something i identify with. In addition, i really really love drawing deer, and have several other deer characters already, so it made sense to have one as my fursona.

Chi isn't really a fursona, kind of just a public mascot to represent me online, but a friend designed her sister Tia based off of me, which was really flattering, do we just agreed to make another one for me and have them be sisters :P again really, she's just because of my love of birds + fennec foxes + tropical things!

I think thats about it! Its so interesting to me to learn about how other people picked their fursonas.
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline moosemouse

• Brofessional
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
    • FurAffinity - moosemouse
  • Fursona Species: Silver fox
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2013, 05:26:52 pm »
So there's this webcomic called Furthia High and there's a character in it that I looked up to when I was first discovering the fandom, and so I chose a silver fox for that reason.

I still haven't changed my fursona's species because I still like the species and stuff altogether and I don't see a reason to change it just because it's "too common."
[placeholder]

Offline char coal .18

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Fursona Species: pitbull
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2014, 02:19:42 am »
His species came to me in a dream early in the fandom
Bob Marley says don't  worry be happy if yor having a bad day.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOo4OnQpwjkc

Don't f*** with the back woods pitbull

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 241
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Moth
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2014, 03:57:24 am »
My original fursona Alisa started out as a wolf sparkledog, then wolfcat, then snowleopardwolf shapeshifter.
I recently started new with Snow(or Yuki) who is a snow leopard and rat hybrid.
I wanted a cat to be part of my sona a species cause I've always felt connected to cats, always felt like one, and believe myself to spiritually be some kind of cat. I have yet to figure out what I am, so I have fun going through all the cat species and domestic breeds I stoped on snow leopards but it doesn't feel right so ill more than likely change it.
Snow was going to just be a cat but it didn't seem right so I went through all the animals that I liked and asked my brother for suggestions and rat came up. Rat was perfect I love rats, they match my personality, I've owned them for years, and their also my Chinese zodiac. I just fell in love with the combo, but a design for her has yet to be made. More than likely is going to be unnatural colors cause I love using odd colors plus they define my personality.

My alt. fursona is Cassandra the spotted hyena, she's my hyper, happy, playful side. She's basically me when I'm around familiar people. I picked hyena cause hyenas are cool and I wanted a hyena character ended up being my secondary fursona. She also has unnatural colors, like I said cause I like unnatural colors.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Ruby C.

• Instead of black and yellow, I prefer red and black.
  • Fursona Species: C-bird
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2014, 10:07:29 am »
Three words for you, cardinals are awsome!

Offline Ho-oknight

• The Shapeshrifting Samurai Tiger
  • Orange Level
  • Please to meet you, I'm Drevis Kokoro.
    • FurAffinity - Ultimoknight
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Tabby Tiger
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2014, 11:54:15 am »
I have a list of favorite animals, but I guess for my tiger fursona I chose his species because I just love tiger. And also phoenixes, so I wondered if I choose that, it can shirtshape into a tiger and other ones of my favorite animals.
Don't take my swordman skills so easily, I have years of experience that only a well-trained master can have.

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2014, 05:50:24 pm »
I started out in the fandom by deciding my fursona would be a wolf. I had no idea that it was the most common fursona species until later, and honestly I was a bit confused by that at the time. After reading the Warriors series by Erin Hunter, I changed my fursona to a cat. It pretty much stayed that way until I realized a cat fursona just didn't fit and went back to wolf. I went back and forth once again (I won't get into why) and finally found out why the wolf part didn't feel so complete. I resisted the fox part for a while because I didn't like the idea of having a hybrid fursona, but eventually it overtook my doubts.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2014, 06:17:35 pm »
I honestly had no idea what my fursona would be when I started out in the fandom. I was hovering between husky and wolf for a while but couldn't decide on either. As I'm not one for hybrids personally I eventually discovered the alaskan malamute which was similiar to both but at tbe same time a little more unusual.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline DakotaLandon

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 10
  • I love to cuddle!
  • Fursona Species: canine mix
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2014, 04:28:50 pm »
I'm a canine mix, mostly dog but some wolf. I took some quizzes online to see what other people thought I should be, and I also took into consideration what I'd like to be. I didn't wanna be a tiger or dragon but wolf and dog felt right. Once I had that, I built my fursona and after that I had to figure out what species it was. Its a mix of a lot of things. Australian sheppard, irish setter, gray wolf... maybe a few others. Chessie, Rottweiler.... I think that's it. I kinda went by what felt right. If I tried rationalizing it too much, I might end up with the wrong fursona. Wouldn't want that.
DΩL

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2014, 04:42:57 pm »
I don't know why, but I've always been fascinated by wolves. I loved Balto as a kid, I loved the wolf ranger from Wild Force Power Ranger, an I adore Wolf Children. And considering I find myself as a loner sometimes, a wolf it naturally for me. :fox-:):
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2014, 05:14:44 pm »
Mine was going to be a wolf, after all they are my favourite species. However I concluded that I didn't really have a lot in common with a wolf, but the red fox shared quite a few traits with me. So in the end, I stuck with a red fox. Although if I could have anything, I'd have a fox, wolf, peregrine falcon and otter hybrid.
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline ZhenraKhal (Lucas)

• Red Level
  • Candies: 12
  • May the bridges I burn light my way
    • DeviantArt - ZhenraKhal
    • FurAffinity - ZhenraKhal
    • My DeviantArt
  • Fursona Species: Skalebroniir (Draconic Humanoid)
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2014, 10:13:45 pm »
It's simple - i AM my fursona. My description of Zhen says it all.

Offline _Braz_

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 13
  • 2 rules to live by: Love anime and Stay Furry ;p
    • DeviantArt - Duvall1997
    • FurAffinity - Braz
  • Fursona Species: Fox (yellow)
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2014, 09:10:32 pm »
Funny story, I was drawing out a first final sketch of my character to get an idea of it, and I had intended to draw a wolf, but i ended up drawing a fox because I had had given the tail a white tip on accident, but i ended up taking a liking to it :p
There’s no such thing as a painless lesson, they just don’t exist. Sacrifices are necessary; you can’t gain anything without losing something first. Although if you can endure that pain and walk away from it, you’ll find that you now have a heart strong enough to overcome any obstacle. Yeah… a heart made fullmetal. -Edward Elric, The Fullmetal Alchemist