Author Topic: Why did you pick your fursona's species?  (Read 10320 times)

Offline Deku64

• Archduke of Videogames
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 24
  • Faceroll is always an option.
  • Fursona Species: Fox
Re: Why did you pick your fursona's species?
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2014, 09:13:42 pm »
I chose to be a fox because, I feel most connected to be a fox and I generally like how they are.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
If you don't know what to do, press all the buttons and something is bound to happen.

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #61 on: January 31, 2014, 10:33:10 pm »
I partly picked a wolf because I like them. I've always been a dog person, and I find wolves to be absolutely gorgeous. But the other reason is because I kind of have that personality. I'm a pack person. I have my group of friends who I hang out with, and they're my "pack." People outside of that group are "outsiders," and I'm not nearly as comfortable around them. I'm also very loyal to those who have earned it, namely my friends. I also kind of fit the "lone wolf" stereotype, because outside of that group I tend to avoid social situations or anything that involves working with others. But it was mainly because wolves are just cool animals, and I've always liked them.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
Why did you choose your fursona species and what do you see in them?
« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2014, 09:30:53 am »
I chose to be a wolf because ever since I first saw Balto, they really fascinated me.

I always saw wolves as these majestic creature ominous to the environment around them. While a wolf can be really fierce, they can also be like a ghost in the trees. I chose to be a wolf because while a wolf can be a dangerous soul, they can also be a mystery and beauty.
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
Re: Why did you choose your fursona species and what do you see in them?
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2014, 10:09:03 am »
I chose wolf because it was always my favourite animal. What I saw in them? I dunno :fox-:): they just seamed like a cool animal. Not the most fascinating reason I know but I can't really explain it. I Feel drawn to them if that dosent sound to wierd :lol-fox:. They just seem to be very interesting animal. Also as you said they where childhood films with them in like balto which made me like them.

Offline taliruq

• all guts, no glory
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • ♡ bunny princess ♡
    • DeviantArt - taliruq
    • FurAffinity - taliruq
    • my tumblr!
  • Fursona Species: lop bunny alt: mutt
« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2014, 06:32:36 pm »
when i was three years old i told my mom i wanted to be a cheetah when i grew up  :P

for real though, i've just really liked felines since i was a kid (they look cool, they can be soft and cute, or fierce, etc) and i guess i've just kinda vibed with cheetahs for a while. researching them more, i found that they can be really similar to me too (they're REALLY anxious, they're quiet, lean and limber, among other things).

not to mention, when i was redesigning my fursona recently i realized it was basically the same as one design i did when i was 12, which was completely unintentional. i guess it was meant to be :D

Offline Serana

• In the moon I see everything!
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 239
  • And I see you giving me candy!
    • DeviantArt - WolfGodess12
    • FurAffinity - SnowFeline
    • Twitter - SnowFelineArts
    • Weasyl - SnowFeline
  • Fursona Species: Vampiric Cougar
« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2014, 07:20:37 pm »
Recently I finally decided on a rat havnt decided subspecies yet though.
I chose a rat cuase its uncommon to see in the fandom(but still a good amount of then) and they just fit me perfect, they are small, cute, omnivorous, friendly, clean, pack animals, smart, quiet unless annoyed, and have a strong bite and just awsome animal, they are also misunderstood by many(but are increasing in popularity which is good) Im not misundertood though probably only difference, they are also my chinese zodiac and fit the description of one pretty good. Ill more likely make her a fancy rat cuase I've owned fancy rat for almost 8 years now and will continue to own them when I get older. I also feel connected to them, I feel a strong pull towards them, sometimes I feel I know what their feeling, and have countless dreams about them but its highly possible that I just like them alot, it could anything and not spiritual.
Anyway I love rats and feel connected to them.

Now hyenas, I picked hyena because she looked more like a hyena and hyenas are cool so it stuck. Not that cool of a story.
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

AKA Nagi, feel free to call me whatever.
Proud Otherkin and slightly ashamed Fictionkin
Don't take things I say very seriously, I tend to joke around.

|FurAffinity / ToyHou.se / Tumblr / ThisCrush|

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 328
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2014, 07:48:01 pm »
WHY: on chines zodiak i'm a tiger, it's my favorite animal, favorite football teem is the "Bengles", it's the animal i know most about, the one i'm best at drawling, and my freinds always say i'm absest with Tigers (i don't denie it)

What i see in Tigers: Beuty, Grace, stelth, power, instinks, rareity, valor, courage, and most importently i see me.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #67 on: March 12, 2014, 12:36:15 am »
I chose a lion because I got really deep into the Lion King fandom and thought that if I were to have a fursona it might as well be a lion. I also really identify with wolves and horses but wolves are so common and I think lions speak more to my personality than horses do.  :lion:
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #68 on: March 12, 2014, 02:48:33 am »
I chose a Red panda because for obvious reasons they're cute, but also because they fascinate me beyond belief and have a beautiful fur pattern with facial markings. Plus those tails <3 I love long ring tailed animals, originally I had plan to have a raccoon fursona but saw that as being to complicated to draw (getting the mask to be symmetrical) so I changed it to a red panda.

Offline copb.phoenix

• So long and goodnight
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 114
    • FurAffinity - copb_phoenix
« Reply #69 on: March 12, 2014, 03:26:55 am »
I am a Therian; a person who believes that they are - in some way - inseparably bound to an animal species. We are not unlike Otherkin though I've always been told the two communities developed independently. The operant difference between a Therian and a Shamanist is that we see our therioside as part of ourselves whereas a Shamanist sees their Totem as a separate entity acting as a guide.

I once met this amazing guy. I grieve his passing every year on 26 May; you can find stories about him stewn about the boards around that date since - I think - 2010. Che'ro was built from his descriptions of his fursona; however, quite a lot has changed since his original design and he's been more claimed as mine since then.

In 2008 I became researching spiritual lycanthropy on suspicions that I belonged in some crowd in those veins; in 2009 I located Awereness and upon posting my introduction there was directed at the Werelist. Between self-exploration from 2004 forwards, talking with the same person that Che'ro was derived from ca. 2006 on the topic, and research to 2010-ish I found that I fell into a weird space in mentality.

Despite being rather domestic, the shark contrast of white on white seems to be a good description of how I often feel traveling about. I am in love with the arctic - winter is my time in the year and I die if the temperature goes much higher than a level 80 with low humidity. I radiate enough heat to keep a small social group warm in winter - in fact, I wear warm weather clothes in winter and cold weather clothes in summer more often than not. We've observed other such phenomena of my makeup - I can go swimming in near-freezing to just-under-freezing water for extended lengths of time and stay warm; with my body near frozen I recover quickly and the only discomfort I tend to experience is as my capillaries re-expand after contracting in cold weather (I assume that's what that is, anyway); I tend to lighten up and feel better about life in presence of snow. (Incidentally, the crazier sounding ones of these have been explained away and in recent years I've been growing colder down to my bones - it's been suggested that a combination of a high metabolism and the stimulants I was taking contributed immensely to my nigh-unstoppable nature in the cold.)

On top of this, I have always been closer to animals than other human beings. I can attribute this to my social dysfunction but I'd still have to explain why there seems to be a natural affinity for dogs in my nature - and to this date dogs react in ways that their owners remark are strange when they come into contact with me. I've been flagged, attacked, followed loyally, managed to pick up dogs that evidently would maul most people, had dogs grow uncharacteristically quiet or loud when I get near them, and so forth.

In the end, despite my domestic nature as such (involving other aspects of my life besides), I submitted the suggestion that I fell in with the arctic wolves. So at the point that I could have redesigned Che'ro and changed his species and design... I became so much more attached to it and so much more expressed.

The thing that upsets me though is that her and I - well, that is, the wolf and I - aren't well attuned anymore. This deep spiritual emptiness I think is a manifestation of my fear of rejection which she was strongly exposed to in my place unintentionally. It's very complicated and there are many good reasons I don't talk about it much here.

Those experiencing species dysphoria and using the fandom as an outlet are encouraged - if capable of being mature and reasonable - to join the Werelist and explore if you belong in Therianthropy or not. You will find me under the name "copb.phoenix" there. (NB: Therianthropy is a spiritual faith in the same sense that Zen is; one can be Christian and Therian at the same time without significant conflicts - other people on WL will know about other faiths.)
  • Flag - turing
  • Award - Beta Tester
Isn't this where...?

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #70 on: March 12, 2014, 11:43:40 am »
Its hard to pinpoint a single reason why i finally decided to choose a wolf. I do remember i had a short list (fox, dragon, wolf or a mix between any of them) and i was having a tough time deciding between them. I guess what the final factor was this indescribable feeling of desire.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #71 on: March 12, 2014, 07:41:27 pm »
To be honest, when I was a right noob in the furry fandom I thought that everyone had just one fursona that portrayed them and was exactly like them, just as another species. So after searching up several species (being mostly my favourites), I couldn't make my mind up between wolf and fox. I shared more with a fox, but yet wolves were my favourite animals. So I improvised and made a folf. :fox-:P:
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 19
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
« Reply #72 on: March 12, 2014, 10:11:02 pm »
I chose a wolf because I am literally OBSESSED with wolves. I read voluminous books about wolves even if they are non fiction, I read from cover to cover. I can tell if a wolf is scared of me, asserting  dominance or just chilling by looking at his tail, I can tell you if a carcass has been ravaged by a wolf pack and I can tell you if were in a wolf pack's territory. So it just seemed fitting that I would be a wolf. 

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline Y U N O

• •••
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 12
  • ♡♡♡
    • Joenza
  • Fursona Species: Demon
« Reply #73 on: March 13, 2014, 07:06:30 pm »
I chose a fennec because I have social anxiety and fennec foxes are very shy I saw one at a game reserve and it ran into its den
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #74 on: March 13, 2014, 07:21:25 pm »
I chose foxes because they're sly. I would be damned if anyone found out about my dirty.secrets

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #75 on: March 13, 2014, 09:08:51 pm »
I chose a snow leopard for a couple of reasons. First of all, I've always loved felines. I admire their agility, smartness, and cuteness. Definitely biased, because I absolutely love my four cats. Second, I think snow leopards are some of the most beautiful animals out there. And lastly, snow leopards are shy, cautious, and intelligent. Those all describe me, so I feel a stronger connection with snow leopards than with any other animal.
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline Ghost Prince

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Ghost Canine Of Unspecified Variety
« Reply #76 on: March 14, 2014, 04:43:05 pm »
When creating my fursona I always knew it had to be canine, I've always been tremendously fascinated with canids. Even though wolves are my favourite, I just came up with a non-specific canine that doesn't necessarily have a species. I thought it was better to go with what felt right than to stick to a specific species. However, my 'sona is also a ghost. I am incredibly quiet the majority of the time and tend to accidentally sneak up on people without meaning to. I won't even try to be sneaky or anything, people just tend not to notice me. I also have a very pale complexion. I have been compared to ghosts by other people both in that I tend to go unnoticed/accidentally startle people and because I have very pale skin. The simplicity and ghostliness of my fursona's design also allows for a lot creative freedom and room to make adjustments to their character as I grow and change as a person.

Also, I was addicted to the song, "Came Out Swinging" by The Wonder Years at the time of my fursona's creation. :lol-fox:
My pronouns are they/them/their, thank you.

Offline 18Gingasoldier

• Red Level
  • Candies: 7
    • DeviantArt - 18Gingasoldier
    • FurAffinity - 18Gingasoldier
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #77 on: March 15, 2014, 09:14:44 pm »
I chose a German Shepherd to be my main fursona because they are brave, kind and accidentally can be mean without knowing (This happens to me at school) Zasha is a female GShep who fights for equality everywhere after being bullied for loving a girl and so. She has the Celestial Brush from Okami, but doesn't have the crimson markings. A normal GShep overall with the Brush Techniques.

My secondary fursona is a female sparkle Daschund named Cuca. She is based on a real-life daschund named Cuca who belonged to a neighbor. She died when she was 10-years-old due of blindness (a spider bit her in the eyes) and of old age.
I made some adjustments for my secondary fursona. She kept the name, but she's younger, and likes parties. I myself like parties too, and she's a DJ. I love remixes, so yeah.

I already have enough money to commission a digigrade full suit from Sunny Valley Creations, but only Cuca will be made, as I think Zasha being a fullsuit is not a good idea.

Offline Potassium Kelly

• Sir Professor Dr. Mr. Patrick
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
    • FurAffinity - Potassium_K
  • Fursona Species: Charmander or Furret
« Reply #78 on: March 15, 2014, 09:42:43 pm »
I am very flexible and is antisocial like a furret. I picked furret over ferret because I am a total pokémon fan. I ALSO WANTS TO HAS ATENTSHUN LIKE A NO0BZ BY PIKING A RARE FURSONA SPESIES. JK

Offline Potassium Kelly

• Sir Professor Dr. Mr. Patrick
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
    • FurAffinity - Potassium_K
  • Fursona Species: Charmander or Furret
« Reply #79 on: March 15, 2014, 09:49:15 pm »
I chose a German Shepherd to be my main fursona because they are brave, kind and accidentally can be mean without knowing (This happens to me at school) Zasha is a female GShep who fights for equality everywhere after being bullied for loving a girl and so. She has the Celestial Brush from Okami, but doesn't have the crimson markings. A normal GShep overall with the Brush Techniques.

My secondary fursona is a female sparkle Daschund named Cuca. She is based on a real-life daschund named Cuca who belonged to a neighbor. She died when she was 10-years-old due of blindness (a spider bit her in the eyes) and of old age.
I made some adjustments for my secondary fursona. She kept the name, but she's younger, and likes parties. I myself like parties too, and she's a DJ. I love remixes, so yeah.

I already have enough money to commission a digigrade full suit from Sunny Valley Creations, but only Cuca will be made, as I think Zasha being a fullsuit is not a good idea.
You, a 15-year-old, has at least $2000 for a digigrade suit. I SOOOO envy you.