Author Topic: Why did you pick your fursona's species?  (Read 11775 times)

Offline ___

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 43
Re: Why did you pick your fursona's species?
« Reply #80 on: March 16, 2014, 11:19:38 am »
I chose a fox. With some special qualities. The "SV" in my username stands for Shadow Vulpine. But the reason I chose a fox is complex. Back when I first created Aerobolt, I was torn between wolves and foxes, as I loved each of them evenly. So I nearly settled on a folf fursona: a fox with the fur coloring of a wolf. As time went on, I began to love foxes more than wolves and I settled on Shadow Vulpine instead. That and I relate to foxes quite well as some are shy... many are intelligent... the only quality we do not share is beauty. Man foxes are gorgeous while I myself... break mirrors and blind people...
But here is the story as to why I went with this. My least favorite thing in the world: stereotypes. I hate it when somebody assumes one particular person has to be a certain way because it is considered "typical" of who they seem to be. Oh that annoys me! I can't stand that some people don't understand that many people are FAR from who they seem to be. I created Aerobolt as well as the book I shaped around him to counteract such claims. Considering Aerobolt's appearance, one would assume he is an evil creature who uses his sly nature for abhorrent deeds right? No. I wanted to make Aerobolt the exact opposite of that, put him in a world full of other Shadow Vulpines LIKE that, and see what happens. I wanted him and my book to counteract those ridiculous stereotypes. Hah even, no especially, the good guys are not "stereotypical" foxes either.
I know I probably took the way foxes are treated in all media too seriously, but I am sick and tired of seeing them almost always portrayed as the bad guys (and do not get me STARTED on how they are portrayed in the fandom itself... I really want to counter it someday... but errrgghh...). I wanted to be different, I wanted to change all that. So I did. Now I await my ability for publication so I can show the world how I feel...

Offline MaltyMoo

• IMA EARTHQUAKE ALL YOU MOTHATRUCKAHS!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Oh the wonderful world of Derp souls...
  • Fursona Species: Dog/Riolu thing
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2014, 05:22:55 pm »
I choose a dog, riolu, thing. At the time I was focused on wolves and that's what Malterian was supposed to be. Then I started on a project for my youtube channel and one of the main characters for it was a riolu (Its still a work in progress. I'm debating weither to continue the project due to my lack of skill in adobe flash and the possible issue with copyright). I then was looking around at what some people where drawing to get a little idea on how I wanted to draw my characters. I then saw what someone did and changed it more into a human like figure. I then took inspiration in that and drew what is currently my avatar and fursona.
ya, Ya, YA! Lemons!
Kik:Malterian
Xbox:Rexx456
Youtube:TheRexxStudios
Email: dragonboy1011@gmail.com
     or: rexxstudio@hotmail.com

Offline LupineEschaton

• Cookies: 1
    • FurAffinity - LupineEschaton
  • Fursona Species: Demon Wolf
« Reply #82 on: March 25, 2014, 06:53:45 pm »
I originally was going to go with wolverine as the species, but I was sort of torn between that, or a wolf. Eventually, I decided to go with wolf, but then I got the idea to make a wolf-demon, with horns and wings. So now that's the direction I'm going with my 'sona, though it isn't fully completed yet.

Offline Lysertrix

• Cookies: 1
  • Stargazer
    • FurAffinity - Lysertrix
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Anubian Jackal
« Reply #83 on: March 27, 2014, 11:36:02 pm »
My favorite animals for a long time have always been goats and sheep and i tried several times to incorporate that into something that represents me better with no luck. Recently i did some research of jackals out of curiosity, since they've always interested me. I then found the anubian subset and instantly fell in love, they're gorgeous.

Offline Dream

• Just a Wolf with a Wand
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #84 on: April 05, 2014, 04:29:01 pm »
It's kind of sad, but my reason for picking a wolf is because I had an interest in them before, and could already draw them. And drawing bears is hard. I do really like wolves, so it works. Although Dream is sort of part fox.
Won't be on much.

Offline 18Gingasoldier

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 7
    • DeviantArt - 18Gingasoldier
    • FurAffinity - 18Gingasoldier
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2014, 05:34:46 pm »
I chose a German Shepherd to be my main fursona because they are brave, kind and accidentally can be mean without knowing (This happens to me at school) Zasha is a female GShep who fights for equality everywhere after being bullied for loving a girl and so. She has the Celestial Brush from Okami, but doesn't have the crimson markings. A normal GShep overall with the Brush Techniques.

My secondary fursona is a female sparkle Daschund named Cuca. She is based on a real-life daschund named Cuca who belonged to a neighbor. She died when she was 10-years-old due of blindness (a spider bit her in the eyes) and of old age.
I made some adjustments for my secondary fursona. She kept the name, but she's younger, and likes parties. I myself like parties too, and she's a DJ. I love remixes, so yeah.

I already have enough money to commission a digigrade full suit from Sunny Valley Creations, but only Cuca will be made, as I think Zasha being a fullsuit is not a good idea.
You, a 15-year-old, has at least $2000 for a digigrade suit. I SOOOO envy you.

I was just lucky :D I received the money at my quince in pesos, in dollars, it was a HUGE amount that is almost 3,000 dollars! I'll explain later on how I am getting more money :)

Offline Call me Sam for short

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • bottom text
  • Fursona Species: is bat
« Reply #86 on: May 28, 2014, 06:31:20 am »
I picked a pig for five reasons:
1. I like pigs.
2. I share many qualities with a pig.
3. Humans and pigs are surprisingly similar, so it isn't uncomfortably strange (like when I thought of using a shark instead).
4. SAM = S x HAM / H (True story.)
5. I like bacon.
  • Pronouns: No preference
\/^˙‾˙^\/

Offline Rain Storm

• Horsie
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Equine
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2014, 11:49:05 pm »
This is a question I have been asked a few times in the past. Why choose a horse as my fursona over any other animal type? I have many reasons as to why I chose a horse sona.

I would have to say it began in 2003 when I saw Spirit for the first time. Something about the movie struck a chord with me. The way the movie is, the emotions it compelled inside me; it is difficult to put into words. The movie was a guiding light for my curiosity into horses, as well as a solid beckon of the breed I would like to be. The Mustang as portrayed in the movie was the one true spirit of the untamed west. The horses were truly free in the movie and could live their lives in peace.

I continued to dig into the lore of horses, their symbolism, and what they meant to society, as well as what they represented as a spirit animal. "Horse spirit animals are likely to represent your inner strength and driving force in life. A typical symbolism for the horse is one of an animal representing physical strength, vitality, but also our psychological or emotional ability to go on in life.

Depending on what this spirit animal means to you, it could symbolize your ability to overcome obstacles in life and pursue your goal no matter what may stand on your way."*

Horses also symbolize different aspects of human society. They have been used for thousands of years for everything from war, trade, to the expansion of whole civilizations. The horse has proudly served it's purpose to humanity over the years without fail. Carrying itself with grace, beauty, and nobility.

The horse is also a very strong, powerful animal; yet gentle and loving. Underneath all that muscle is a heart that still loves and cares. Horses are very emotional animals, which I relate to in this aspect. I have always been able to 'put myself in other peoples shoes', and connect with people on a very emotional level because of this. Though, in the past this has turned and bitten me in the rear. As it also leads me to easily trust people; only to get burned in the long term.

"Having a horse as a spirit animal points to how free you feel to express yourself in life. The horse is an animal that is domesticated by humans, but maintains a strong energy and drive of its own. As a power animal, it relates to your ability to express yourself freely and assertively in social environments such as work or school, or in closer circles of family and friends."*

This is hard for me to put into words... I am not really effected by religion, or books, games, movies, comics, or tv when it has come to my moral compass. I have always defined my line of right and wrong on a strong, emotional balance. I cannot really speak of where I acquired this; perhaps it was my earlier life where I came up with it; I do not know. But, it helped me to choose decide on a horse.

Horses are simple animals. They like to live their lives in peace and much prefer it to be that way. Though, life will throw us curve balls or the rare hand grenade; the horse will always chose to between fight or flight. Nine times out of ten, it is to flee. This too is a trait share as I am not a very confrontational person. I may talk a big game sometimes but when it comes down to it; I would rather not come to blows over something that could easily be solved by another method.

* http://www.spiritanimal.info/horse-spirit-animal/

Offline Eisen der gsolf

• I don't want to go...
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
    • FurAffinity - EisenGsolf
    • Twitter - CaptianEisenIV
  • Fursona Species: Gsolf ( a Gshep/Wolf hybrid)
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2014, 09:40:18 am »
German Shepard/Wolf because German shepherd is my favorite dog and a wolf because they my favorite animal  8) 
Just do it. Don't wait for tomorrow. Because you will just keep telling yourself that.

Please feel free to PM me

Offline TodTheFox

• Licensed Lazy Loiterer
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 49
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #89 on: June 04, 2014, 10:00:28 pm »
I chose to be a Red Fox because I have had a mucher deeper connection to the animal well before I stumbled upon Furry Fandom. I can trace my passion for Red Foxes back to when I first watched the Fox and the Hound (quite possibly my Favorite childhood movie and what is definitely my favorite movie of all time.) I have in many ways lived by that movies lessons in Friendship and carry those principals with me always. My love for the animal only strengthened in watching what is also my all time favorite T.V. Show Sonic X  :fox-;):. I had always viewed my passion for Foxes to being the dividing force that made me different from other animal enthusiasts/lovers (not being aware of Furries), but of course not long after discovering Furry Fandom I came across the plain fact that quite simply I was not really unique in choosing a Fox over what I deemed the more popular choice of Wolve's, Cats, Dogs, but realistically because of the deeper meaning I could hardly care less about being generic.
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Ame

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • Gamer otaku wolf pup
« Reply #90 on: June 04, 2014, 10:13:04 pm »
I always was a dog person and wolves are giant fluffy dogs of awesomeness plus the movie wolf children made me happy when I was depressed. Also how i picked the name.
Also i lnow it tends to be one of the default species but F it. Im special enough.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 10:15:33 pm by Ame »
If you give me wings I will soar for you-Tite Kubo

Offline Uncle-Noob

• Am I going to fast for you?
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 42
  • My age exceeds your IQ. . . Significantly.
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2014, 12:43:47 pm »
MICES! Who doesn't love them?  They are cute, they are fuzzy, they are small.  Mice are cute little creatures what have such a happy ring to them.  I can't think of a sad mouse.  That's like me, I'm always happy.  I don't know why, but I am. 

Mice are little fuzzballs that are silly and laughable, running around on those wheels and falling onto other mice. 

How can you not think THIS is cute? http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/b/bd/Apodemus_sylvaticus_bosmuis.jpg
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 12:46:25 pm by Uncle Noob »
Still confused? Then perhaps this will enlighten you!

Middledistancerunner. I managed to save just a little bit of money. You and I can both get jobs, and we'll finally see what it means to be living.

Offline Varlen

• So Amaze, Such
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 103
  • FTS RESODENT WIERDO SMILE DOOER.
  • Fursona Species: El Skunko!
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2014, 12:51:28 pm »
I started off as a fox. Then I was a black fox. Now a skunk.

Maybe I crave monochrome. Maybe I like being a bit strange.

Maybe I like big fluffy tails. And racing stripes.

Well, I definately like big fluffy tails. And racing stripes.
  • Flag - banana
  • Award - Beta Tester
Var's Vid of the Week:
Week 13, AK Underwater. If you have any suggestions for the Vid of the Week, pm me! ^.^

Offline Malifor

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 73
  • No
    • FurAffinity - malifor2210
    • Tumblr
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2014, 01:35:27 pm »
Well when I first joined the fandom, I was like woah I want to be a dragon! (Inspired by Spyro) though In a way wasn't unique enough for me but so I though a wolf or some sort of canine but nope. Way to generic and popular. Then I started playing the game Secondlife and that's where I found the sergal, I instantly loved it. They are... so so cool and then here I am.

Offline Saint Judas

• Herr Dummkopf
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 175
  • Just a Whisper...
  • Fursona Species: Rat-Raven
« Reply #94 on: June 09, 2014, 03:36:20 am »
I admittedly have always been overly fascinated by dragons, and I also admittedly can not draw anything I consider good that isn't based off of some one else's work, or is a dragon, but despite my drivings, I do not act like a dragon. My personal habits tend to match a cat. I also own many cats as well, but when it finally got down to symbolism, the puma and the fox matched my persona. Now going into other things, although I have never played many role playing games, I am midway through my second, I have always been fascinated by reading the rule books and player guides. One particular game, werewolf, was a very complex, planned out world. The creators had made a history, a world, several interacting races of the supernatural and natural, and had put in personal twists and bits of lore. Now werewolf is the main book, but there are many sourcebooks, of all the different were breeds, and when looking at these, instead of falling for the cat, or even the mighty dragon, I fell in love with the Kitsune, the foxes. But I am not a fox, I am still a Kitsune, a shape changer, perhaps even a demon, but certainly a trickster.

Offline Mark Wolf

• I'm in love with a special blue husky ^^
  • Orange Level
  • Look! My foot-paws
    • Twitter - @WolfboyYoutube
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2014, 11:36:45 am »
As a furry when I was little I was bullied a lot and because of my drawings I got called Wolfboy a lot. The Name stuck when the teachers started calling me it.
"Some people tell me, 'You only go to these conventions to have sex!', to which I reply, 'Go over there. Do ANY of those people look like they've EVER had sex?!'"
— Uncle Kage, at Furry Weekend Atlanta '10

You just can't not love kage!

Offline Mark Wolf

• I'm in love with a special blue husky ^^
  • Orange Level
  • Look! My foot-paws
    • Twitter - @WolfboyYoutube
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2014, 12:01:41 pm »
I was always called Wolfboy at school,
I just realised I already posted
« Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 12:06:16 pm by Mark Wolf »
"Some people tell me, 'You only go to these conventions to have sex!', to which I reply, 'Go over there. Do ANY of those people look like they've EVER had sex?!'"
— Uncle Kage, at Furry Weekend Atlanta '10

You just can't not love kage!

Offline Pheenie

• Bringing it at the
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 8
  • Where, oh where, did my tablet pen go...
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2014, 11:37:29 pm »
I was torn by many animals- jaguars, cats, even owls- before I remembered I had a deep fascination with kangaroos in my younger years. Admittedly, I only loved them because they were the only things I knew with the letter K. I grew to love them anyway but I'm still trying to find the perfect animal for me.

Offline Mister_Twiddles

• The lurker
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 29
  • More fun than a kitten covered in cocaine!
« Reply #98 on: July 21, 2014, 02:28:15 am »
Reasons I picked wolf

1. I really like wolves.  Have for a long time.
2. I'm loyal to my friends, who I sometimes refer to as my "pack".
3. I'm vicious when angry and threatened.  Mess with the wolf, you get the fangs!
4. I'm cunning.
5. Wolves are cool and fluffy!
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
You'll need to speak up, I'm not wearing any pants!

Discord: Mister_Twiddles#6928

Hit me up, I'm bored!

Offline Julum

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 8
    • FurAffinity - Julum
  • Fursona Species: Main: Lizard Alt: Western Dragon
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2014, 01:48:44 pm »
I didn't know whether I should have been a cat or a lizard, but then I decided I like lizards or other reptiles more.