Author Topic: The Singles thread  (Read 32828 times)

Offline NightF0x

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 178
Re: The Singles thread
« Reply #60 on: September 27, 2013, 03:56:47 pm »
Alright. Single people need to stop complaining about it.

Like really who cares.

I'm single too but it is not a big deal. Just suck it up and actually feel good about yourself; which is probably the reason why you can't get anyone.
That's kind of rude imo.

ANYWAYS, if you are single, I promise you will find that person. This is some advice I listened to, that I believe full heartedly. Don't look for love, love will find you. Trust me, keep doing what you're doing. It make be fast or it may take a LONG time, but you will find that someone.
  • Award - Beta Tester

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #61 on: September 27, 2013, 04:01:00 pm »

Like really who cares.

I'm single too but it is not a big deal. Just suck it up and actually feel good about yourself; which is probably the reason why you can't get anyone.
That's kind of rude imo.

ANYWAYS, if you are single, I promise you will find that person. This is some advice I listened to, that I believe full heartedly. Don't look for love, love will find you. Trust me, keep doing what you're doing. It make be fast or it may take a LONG time, but you will find that someone.
That's what everybody says but sometimes it's hard to believe. There can't REALLY be someone for everybody, can there?
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #62 on: September 27, 2013, 05:13:39 pm »

Like really who cares.

That's kind of rude imo.

That's what everybody says but sometimes it's hard to believe. There can't REALLY be someone for everybody, can there?
perhaps.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #63 on: September 27, 2013, 07:02:20 pm »

Like really who cares.

That's kind of rude imo.

I've been single for nearly four years now. I'm past the point where I can just sit and wait for love to fall in my lap. If I don't go looking, I fall into soul sucking depression.
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #64 on: September 27, 2013, 07:05:05 pm »
the only person i like lives on the other side of the country

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • The Roo abides
« Reply #65 on: September 27, 2013, 07:06:15 pm »
I've been single for nearly four years now. I'm past the point where I can just sit and wait for love to fall in my lap. If I don't go looking, I fall into soul sucking depression.

this'd
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 04:50:58 pm »
Well I guess I can no longer call myself pringle anymore, as I am now in something of a relationship. I'm ecstatic because I feel so strongly about the one I am currently with. I also consider this to be one of the first relationships, or at least one which I believe is founded upon a serious sense of commitment and a mutual degree of respect.

I don't think you guys should be so down upon yourselves just because you're currently single. You're all still young and have plenty of time to establish relationships with someone you feel connected to. So just relax for now, there's more to life than finding relationships and it's already very likely to happen for you eventually. Enjoy the time you're having without worrying too much about relationships. It'll happen when it happens.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 04:53:11 pm by Gage »
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 300
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #67 on: September 28, 2013, 05:25:40 pm »
Well I guess I can no longer call myself pringle anymore, as I am now in something of a relationship. I'm ecstatic because I feel so strongly about the one I am currently with. I also consider this to be one of the first relationships, or at least one which I believe is founded upon a serious sense of commitment and a mutual degree of respect.

I don't think you guys should be so down upon yourselves just because you're currently single. You're all still young and have plenty of time to establish relationships with someone you feel connected to. So just relax for now, there's more to life than finding relationships and it's already very likely to happen for you eventually. Enjoy the time you're having without worrying too much about relationships. It'll happen when it happens.
Well done then! Have fun, now get out of the single thread! ;D *Kicks out of single's thread*

Also, a new image!

• Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Indigo Ink

• Formerly "SonarSnow"
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 19
  • EARS!
    • DeviantArt - SonarSnow
  • Fursona Species: Fennec Fox
« Reply #68 on: October 02, 2013, 09:25:15 am »
Myehh, single. :/ No cuddles for this fennec.

Offline Juno fox

• For the furs!
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • I'm gonna be somebody some day
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2013, 07:23:37 pm »
Dem feels bro, hurts so good XP but it's always nice to be able to relate

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 186
« Reply #70 on: October 02, 2013, 07:29:36 pm »
I enjoy being single, actually.

IMMA STRONG INDAPENDENT WUHMAN

naw but seriously. I really enjoy not having a guy to worry about. I don't have to worry about cheating, greedy/jealous little b!tches, abusive relationships, having kids (NOPENOPENOPENOPE), and various other things.

Btw, when I say I don't want kids, I mean it. I'm not changing my mind for anyone.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • The Roo abides
« Reply #71 on: October 02, 2013, 08:28:53 pm »
I don't want kids or anything, I just want to be loved xP
^wow that sentence was sappy, drake ;w;

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #72 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:31 pm »
I find myself missing my ex girlfriend sometimes. Not because I still love her, that ship has long since sailed, but because I miss all of the things we used to do together. The simple things like cuddling up together and watching a movie or sleeping in each other's arms. I miss being able to express affection physically. I also miss not only having a girl who could make my heart race with the simplest gestures and actions but one I was allowed to feel that way about. These are the thoughts that constantly plague me when I'm single. You can imagine why I can't stand it.
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2013, 02:56:48 pm »
Erm,

Would I be classified as being single even though I am engaged? I'm still a single person is what I mean, but I'm not too sure to qualify being on this thread. Could someone gently put me right here? Thanks.

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2013, 03:57:40 pm »
Erm,

Would I be classified as being single even though I am engaged? I'm still a single person is what I mean, but I'm not too sure to qualify being on this thread. Could someone gently put me right here? Thanks.

If I'm getting your meaning, you're betrothed or promised to be married which means that you have a person in line whom you will eventually marry but you're not currently in an actual relationship with this person. I don't think that quite counts as being single because, although you're not in a relationship right now, you have someone you eventually be with.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2013, 04:19:15 pm »
Erm,

If I'm getting your meaning, you're betrothed or promised to be married which means that you have a person in line whom you will eventually marry but you're not currently in an actual relationship with this person. I don't think that quite counts as being single because, although you're not in a relationship right now, you have someone you eventually be with.

Sorry but I am in a relationship, but technically I am "single", not yet married, by which time I'd have vanished off this thread and well and truly gone.

I apologise for derailing the thread, so if any mod wishes to delete, then fine by me.

~Alex

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 300
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2013, 05:20:24 pm »
I enjoy being single, actually.

IMMA STRONG INDAPENDENT WUHMAN

naw but seriously. I really enjoy not having a guy to worry about. I don't have to worry about cheating, greedy/jealous little b!tches, abusive relationships, having kids (NOPENOPENOPENOPE), and various other things.

Btw, when I say I don't want kids, I mean it. I'm not changing my mind for anyone.
Kids (noun) - Expensive, noisy and hard to raise. Best just to stay away from anything that can cause you to have them. (I'm frugal, which doesn't help :/ )
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • The Roo abides
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2013, 06:31:21 pm »
Apparently I'm no longer single now o3o

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2013, 08:53:01 pm »
Apparently I'm no longer single now o3o
good for you. Hope you have a long happy relationship. :lol-fox:

Offline Red Velvet

• Cake Dragon
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Candies: 272
  • It's peppermint season!
    • FurAffinity - SenseiMac
    • Twitter - redvelvetdrago
    • Personal Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2013, 10:53:38 pm »
*appears because I'm in a late-night vent mood*

I don't really mind being single, but I've noticed I get jealous of other people very easily; not such a good trait to have :c
Even some people I know who are, to put it bluntly, lesser of a person than I (I mean ethics/morals and general attitude; not looks or personality or anything) it makes me upset because people either
A) Don't recognize me for any of my good qualities that I know I have
or
B) They do, but they don't do or say anything about it. I find myself to be approachable, I think! I mean, in general, I think I'd be pretty cool to have as a partner.
I dunno- I know it's not true, but it still makes me feel inferior to them.

And I know it's not based on looks either, because there are people I know with the world's lowest self-confidence/satisfaction with appearance, and yet they still attract all these people willing to date them.

Tl;dr-- I suppose I want someone to just... like me. Like not even a person I am interested/attracted to; just anyone. That kind of reassurance would probably boost my self-confidence, because right now it's hanging by threads, and that's probably why I'm a huge turn-off.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2013, 11:15:41 pm by Sabine »
  • Flag - usa
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Trello | Portfolio | FurAffinity | Buy Me a Coffee? | ToyHouse | Dragons | Flight Rising
♥ Hopelessly in love with Proto
:aesthetic:
If you'd like to commission me, please click my Trello!