Author Topic: The Singles thread  (Read 29251 times)

Offline Fahxstream

• Orange Level
  • Candies: 4
Re: The Singles thread
« Reply #120 on: November 28, 2013, 11:29:59 am »
I've never had a relationship, but I've never really tried to have one either.

I'm more interested in having friends.

I guess its quite nice in some ways, not having responsibility to someone or such. (wow that is badly worded)

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #121 on: November 28, 2013, 11:48:16 am »
Sometimes it sucks how people broadcast their happy relationships though. Sometimes it's like "when's it gonna be my turn to be able to do that??".
But I also like not having to spend money on anybody but myself and I can go more than three days without having to shave my mustache >.>
I don't have that many friends in general though.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #122 on: November 28, 2013, 03:37:53 pm »
I've never had a relationship, but I've never really tried to have one either.

I'm more interested in having friends.

I guess its quite nice in some ways, not having responsibility to someone or such. (wow that is badly worded)

I'm in the same boat.

I want to focus on building a network of friends, instead of focusing on one.

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #123 on: March 26, 2014, 05:02:27 pm »
*LIIIIVE THREAD LIIIIVE*

I see so many people in love on this site nowadays (where was this in February?!?!?!) and i'm starting to wonder the current count of the single population here on FT (i cant think more than 5 right now)

So where are us lonely people at?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2014, 05:23:58 pm by MessedThoughts »
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #124 on: March 26, 2014, 05:17:52 pm »
Add me to the count. Though if you've seen the girls in my school. No. Just no. Jersey shore rejects.

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • Candies: 27
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
  • Fursona Species: eastern timber wolf
« Reply #125 on: March 26, 2014, 05:39:21 pm »
can I say something? maybe you guys are single because you haven't experimented yet. Hell, I thought I was pure straight for 14 out of 15 years of my life. But I found out I was gay when I met the love of my life. I love him with all my heart, and he loves me. Who says teens cant truly know what love is. I'd give my life for him, and he'd do the same. We don't care that we're over a thousand miles apart, we love each other no matter what. (I hope he doesn't mind me saying this, being a fellow member of FT too...) But still... I'M A GAY FURRY AND I'M PROUD! anyway, you guys should experiment. true love doesn't find you, you have to find it.

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 111
« Reply #126 on: March 26, 2014, 05:53:38 pm »
Michael some of here are single because we choose to be. I just don't feel like actively finding someone at the moment. Its not about experimenting between genders which will help you get someone. It's not as simple as I can't get a girl I'll just get a guy instead. Yes. True that some people find out later on that their gay or bi later on. I'm Bi. That changes nothing about me being single.

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #127 on: March 26, 2014, 05:55:07 pm »
Warning: What you are going to read is highly opinionated and possibly a mess of my ideas. I should not be writing this deep stuff when i'm writing other things.

can I say something? maybe you guys are single because you haven't experimented yet.
(...)
true love doesn't find you, you have to find it.

FYI Ive been in one relationship before. Anyone willing to go to creepy stalking lengths can find out. As well, recently, i have realized and partially come out that i am bi as well

relationships are things that you have to try and find the most appropriate match before you go down into details. Think of it like each person has half a jigsaw puzzle, with millions of patterns and colors. When looking around for people you would want to be with, you have to look at their puzzle mess and see if it could fit with yours. If you both think it can, then you get into a relationship. This means taking out the puzzle and figuring it out together. you may find that you will complete the puzzle together, and that means that you have found your perfect match. Other times, you will find certain pieces that just dont fit together, and thats when two things happen. Either you proceed with the relationship, with a gaping hole in the middle, or you end the session of puzzle making, and you have to clean up the large mess you made in the end. (i can go so long on this analogy with love... going into more details).

If you are going to treat relationships as a experiment, are you going to be willing to clean up the mess? or will you be hopelessly trying to ignore the absence of the important piece? I cant think of relationships like that. If you see so much failue, you will begin to compromise many factors of love, which is NEVER good thing when finding the one that fits with you.

As for true love, yes you have to go out to find it but you need them to find you. you cant just put all the blame on yourself, though you may see it that way. Luck may play a factor, heck there are so many more factors. However, the question i need to ask is how much effort is too much before its good to take a step back
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Faithfull

• Always give %100
  • Candies: 328
  • Unless your giving blood. Save some for me, geeze.
  • Fursona Species: Vamperic Tiger
« Reply #128 on: March 26, 2014, 06:49:29 pm »
*LIIIIVE THREAD LIIIIVE*

I see so many people in love on this site nowadays (where was this in February?!?!?!) and i'm starting to wonder the current count of the single population here on FT (i cant think more than 5 right now)

So where are us lonely people at?
Single, yes
lonely,no
if a relationship started then yes i'd be fine with it, but i'm not seerching, nor am i in need of a relationship.
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - polyamorous
▬▬▬▬▬▬⌘ஜ۩۞۩ஜ⌘▬▬▬▬▬▬
Chaotic Good ⧱ Bard/cleric ⧱ Faithfull's admirers'ENFJ ⧱ Hufflepuff ⧱ Pisces/Earth Tiger
▬▬▬▬⤪۩۞۩⤭▬▬▬▬
Icon 1/2 by Serana, 1/2 myself
⥿

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #129 on: March 26, 2014, 06:53:00 pm »
I'm OOOOBAAAAAAA'SSS EEELLLLLFFFF
ALL BY MYSELF
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
« Reply #130 on: March 26, 2014, 07:18:13 pm »
ignore the attack. it wasn't important to what I was saying anyways. and my thoughts exactly. but the thing is, even though you haven't found your true love yet, doesn't mean he/she is not out there. you just have to find that person and live your life as best you can. If you believe that you'll be happy when you find that special someone, or you'll be happy when your no longer single, or you'll be happy when you have kids, or you'll be happy when your kids move out, etc. that way of thinking is just going to leave you trapped in a vicious circle. if you truly WANT love. then you have to go out and FIND it. their not just going to show up at your front door one day. Again love is an adventure with a grand treasure at the end. Finding it is half the fun, and when you get to the treasure, you'll see the journey was all worth it in the end. And that my friend, is the perfect analogy to describe love. Also love isn't just sex, it's not just kissing, it's not just for having kids, it's so you don't have to post threads like this, so you can spend your life with a person who loves you mutually and wants to be with you. It's so you can wake up and know you've fulfilled your purpose in life. When you truly find love, then every other problem in your life seems almost out of the equation.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #131 on: March 26, 2014, 10:37:14 pm »
well I'm no longer single
and I started this thread
OH GOD
*thread collapses into the space time continuum*
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline Placeholder

• Beep
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 109
  • Boop
« Reply #132 on: March 27, 2014, 04:11:00 am »
*brings back the thread from a parallel universe where drake is still single*

Pushing the drake incident aside,  I probably haven't found anybody because

1. I'm bad at approaching people I don't know
2. The only way I could be emotionally moved is through music

Offline ___

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 43
« Reply #133 on: March 27, 2014, 08:19:55 am »
I wish I wasn't single alright... I had loves in the past, but... ...yeah, now Feb. 2014 is one of my personal worst months... :sad-fox:
But you know what? As much as my heart aches for companionship, I need to fix who I am, so that crap will never happen so... so easily...

Offline Ecilam Nellus

• Green Level
  • Candies: 41
  • I'm a weirdo who does nothing but play with socks.
    • DeviantArt - Two-Weirdos
  • Fursona Species: Arctic fox
« Reply #134 on: March 27, 2014, 04:24:10 pm »
Single...
And doing your stereotypical mopy white guy shuffle...
I think I may have actually perfected it!
I'm boring and not boring at the same time, kind of like a sock with googly eyes on it.

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
« Reply #135 on: March 27, 2014, 05:03:40 pm »
*brings back the thread from a parallel universe where drake is still single*

Pushing the drake incident aside,  I probably haven't found anybody because

1. I'm bad at approaching people I don't know
2. The only way I could be emotionally moved is through music

ok, you and me have so much in common it's almost shocking. When I used to think I was straight (before I found out I was gay) I had a terrible time with girls. I turned them off with my approach, but usually pulled them back in with my charisma and charm. Then after I was used and abused for a few weeks they dumped me. 6 girlfriends, I went through before I found out the truth I had been hiding from myself. I experimented. I thought that if I couldn't keep a relationship with a girl, then maybe it was time to abandon ship and get on a different boat, so to speak. And that's how I found out I was gay. and once I accepted it, it all made sense to me. Also I freaking love music. it's the only drug I need. It's like my cocaine. I focus better when I listen to music, I'm more upbeat and not depressed, and depending on the track I'm listening to I can be more outgoing and daring too. It totally turns my emotions on their ass.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #136 on: March 27, 2014, 10:07:38 pm »
Still single.
To put it politely most girls I know aren't pleasant and the guys aren't any better.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
« Reply #137 on: March 28, 2014, 07:55:46 pm »
you just haven't met any of the good ones yet. Don't worry, you guys are still young. Meaning you've still got a chance. So don't worry about it. You'll find your other half someday.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #138 on: March 28, 2014, 07:57:35 pm »
you just haven't met any of the good ones yet. Don't worry, you guys are still young. Meaning you've still got a chance. So don't worry about it. You'll find your other half someday.
Actually I'm no longer part of this thread as of this morning. You were right. Even if there have bern... Complications.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline End

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 406
« Reply #139 on: March 28, 2014, 08:00:03 pm »
Actually I'm no longer part of this thread as of this morning. You were right. Even if there have bern... Complications.
Wait what? Did you just find somebody with in this morning and yesterday?!?!?