Author Topic: First time filling out a job application  (Read 464 times)

Offline Billhartz

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • ~
    • DeviantArt - Billhartz
    • FurAffinity - Billhartz
  • Fursona Species: Red Panda
First time filling out a job application
« on: September 26, 2013, 07:31:38 pm »
I am filling out an application for a local grocery store and I am really stuck on a question.  "List a couple reasons why we would be lucky to have you working with us."  I don't know how much/what to write for this.  :???: Anyone have any ideas?

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: First time filling out a job application
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 09:37:33 pm »
Well since i filled A TON of applications for school(s) and stuff Ill try to help with the best of my ability

based on the phrasing of the question, it sounds like its quite similar to a "What qualities do you bring to the job" question but also asking you to talk about your worth ethics (I hope im not over complicating this). So when you respond to the question, think of WHY would they choose you over other people? What makes you special from all the other potential applicants in the field? What good work ethics and qualities do you have that you can apply to a grocery store setting? once you think of these, you should have a good idea of what would be a number of good reasons to answer the question.

Just remember to explain each reason (dont just say "i am dedicated to the job" without providing examples or saying why). As well ITS OK to lie a BIT on your application about yourself, if its a small point to make you slightly look better, add that point (Trust me EVERYONE DOES THIS on applications). As well, remember to not include any negative points about yourself on your application (unless its asks for you that you need to provide one) because it can affect your application if you have an outstanding fault

If you are still stuck, feel free to ask me questions
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Billhartz

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • ~
    • DeviantArt - Billhartz
    • FurAffinity - Billhartz
  • Fursona Species: Red Panda
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2013, 07:44:56 pm »
Well since i filled A TON of applications for school(s) and stuff Ill try to help with the best of my ability

based on the phrasing of the question, it sounds like its quite similar to a "What qualities do you bring to the job" question but also asking you to talk about your worth ethics (I hope im not over complicating this). So when you respond to the question, think of WHY would they choose you over other people? What makes you special from all the other potential applicants in the field? What good work ethics and qualities do you have that you can apply to a grocery store setting? once you think of these, you should have a good idea of what would be a number of good reasons to answer the question.

Just remember to explain each reason (dont just say "i am dedicated to the job" without providing examples or saying why). As well ITS OK to lie a BIT on your application about yourself, if its a small point to make you slightly look better, add that point (Trust me EVERYONE DOES THIS on applications). As well, remember to not include any negative points about yourself on your application (unless its asks for you that you need to provide one) because it can affect your application if you have an outstanding fault

If you are still stuck, feel free to ask me questions
Thanks, this helped a lot :D

Offline dracodex

• Hyper imploding ball of fluff
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 23
    • DeviantArt - ravenhaker
    • Twitter - @DexterDacian
  • Fursona Species: Draco
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2013, 08:30:12 pm »

Everytime I see that on a questionnaire. Just think about what they would expect you to say. If it is a grocery store they would be looking for someone who is friendly, outgoing, people person, dependable, etc.
Oooh I can put text in here :o *カタカタカタカタ*
Pixel art by Crevontz

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2013, 09:37:46 am »
You have to sell yourself.

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »
for me, work at my age is worthless. hour restrictions, job restrictions it is just crazy. i am probbly gonna have to wait til im 15. the hour restrictions dont apply, but what i can work as still is restrictions
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns