Author Topic: Have you ever listened to Sonata Arctica?  (Read 595 times)

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
Have you ever listened to Sonata Arctica?
« on: September 27, 2013, 09:58:41 pm »
Hi there! Today I present to you the band Sonata Arctica. :D

It's a Melodic Power Metal group from Finland that I thought that I should share because they're really awesome and an amazing style in their music. Also, have a few songs about wolfs, so I'm sure that at least those songs might interest you :fox-;):

They have changed a lot through the years, and they like to put some unusual instruments in their songs (For example, banjo [For some reason it sounds incredibly awesome :shock:]. Sometimes they even have orchestra music :fox-:P:

What I really like about them is that they give a lot of priority to the keyboard, and it sounds great in their solos, but they still sound great on their other instruments. In their newer album they began to sound a little more like Progressive Metal, so if you might like that too if you like progressive ;)

Here are a few of their songs 8)

Full Moon http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3oaU5APrgHo

Ain't Your Fairy Tale http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8NIP7uMu3s (My favorite :fox-:P: and it's also about wolfs)

Cinderblox http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2Y7BjuLM5U (This one has the most epic banjo you'll ever hear)

And one with the freakiest name I've ever seen

The Boy Who Wanted To Be A Real Puppet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVHawH0V6EQ

Hope you like them and, if you really want to, buy their albums to support them ^^
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
Re: Have you ever listened to Sonata Arctica?
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 10:36:39 pm »
From such little I've heard from them, me gusta.

They also did a beautiful cover of Metallica's "Fade to Black"
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 11:15:02 pm »

From what I know, they were partially influenced by Metallica, so I kind of knew that you would like them :fox-;):
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 11:21:23 pm »

From what I know, they were partially influenced by Metallica, so I kind of knew that you would like them :fox-;):

Oh, that's cool!! :D
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2013, 07:33:16 am »
"Full Moon" reminds me of Chris de Burgh's singing style and presentation; its very involving. Sonata Arctica is an interesting band that I'm going to be listening to throughout this weekend. Have to admit I've never heard of them before and what attracts me I suppose, is their keyboard mastery; just love keyboards and the 'voices' they produce. Music for me is something thats ever-evolving now. This is because since discovering my family's vast music collection, its really got me researching bands' and singers' history. So thank you for this, Proto. :)

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2013, 12:11:00 pm »
"Full Moon" reminds me of Chris de Burgh's singing style and presentation; its very involving. Sonata Arctica is an interesting band that I'm going to be listening to throughout this weekend. Have to admit I've never heard of them before and what attracts me I suppose, is their keyboard mastery; just love keyboards and the 'voices' they produce. Music for me is something thats ever-evolving now. This is because since discovering my family's vast music collection, its really got me researching bands' and singers' history. So thank you for this, Proto. :)

You're welcome ^^ The keyboard is the thing that I like the most of this band, and they have evolved a lot through the years, so you'll get a lot of variety :D
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2013, 04:44:16 pm »

You're welcome ^^ The keyboard is the thing that I like the most of this band, and they have evolved a lot through the years, so you'll get a lot of variety :D

A friend of mine has a Korg, a real professional keyboard that must have cost a LOT. I'm going to buying Sonata's Cds very soon - on my next paycheck. Wish it was sooner though.