Author Topic: furry holiday  (Read 3433 times)

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • FCW6s A C- D++ H+ M- P- R+++ T++ W- Z- Sm# RLU a-
  • Fursona Species: wolf
furry holiday
« on: September 30, 2013, 08:37:03 pm »
Is there an official furry holiday? If not do you think there should be one? What should it be called? And on what day? :fox-;):

I beleve it should be called furry friday, on any friday in February, cause it sounds cool!

[Mod Edit: Please refrain double-posting when it is avoidable. Edit your posts instead, it makes the forum appear tidier.]
« Last Edit: October 02, 2013, 12:33:57 pm by Gage »
we all need alittle :nuzzle:

Offline dracodex

• Hyper imploding ball of fluff
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 23
    • DeviantArt - ravenhaker
    • Twitter - @DexterDacian
  • Fursona Species: Draco
Re: furry holiday
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 09:15:21 pm »
The first Friday of February from here on will be foretold as the furry festival of Furiday.
Oooh I can put text in here :o *カタカタカタカタ*
Pixel art by Crevontz

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2013, 09:21:01 pm »
So wait... you want to celebrate this "day" on the first day of the Sochi Olympics?!

Tempting but i don't want to ruin Grenada's independence day
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2013, 09:25:55 pm »
Hey, i diddnt say it! :lol-fox:

Offline Little Alpha

• He is my peanut butter. I am his jelly.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 126
  • I will make sure you have a howlen good time!
  • Fursona Species: Black and White Huskey
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2013, 09:27:43 pm »
How about a Furries Couples Day? A day where all furries all over can tell their loved ones how they feel for them. Also open for single furries too.
You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2013, 09:31:42 pm »
How about a Furries Couples Day? A day where all furries all over can tell their loved ones how they feel for them. Also open for single furries too.

So wait do you mean a day like valentines day and Single Awareness Day (SAD) but just for furries?

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2013, 09:33:27 pm »
I havent even been on FT for a month yet and I think I know where this is going... lol.

Offline Little Alpha

• He is my peanut butter. I am his jelly.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 126
  • I will make sure you have a howlen good time!
  • Fursona Species: Black and White Huskey
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 10:07:35 pm »
Yeah... Also to answer your question my sweet messed thoughts, yes a valentines day only for furries.
You mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 11:45:09 pm »
yuck... Valentine's Day... >_<

But a furry holiday would be cool. :D
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Night Shadows

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
    • DeviantArt - RadioactiveFlowers
    • FurAffinity - NightShadows~
    • Twitter - @VampireCatTime
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 11:47:37 pm »
Happy Furday :3 1st Friday in April? That way the bears aren't asleep  :fox-:P:
Hey! You! Yes, you. I'm feeling lonely... Could use a few friends...

Offline Jack Lionheart

• Jack the Helpful Lion
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 77
    • DeviantArt - Scott04069418
    • FurAffinity - JackLionHeart
    • Jack's World of Wonder (tumblr)
  • Fursona Species: Lion
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2013, 03:54:48 am »
Maybe on April 2 so no one is sure whether all of the furs are still playing April Fool's jokes or if it's an actual thing. XD
  • Pronouns: For Jack: He/Him/His, For me (irl or non-furry communications): She/Her/Hers

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2013, 11:50:58 am »
Yeah... Also to answer your question my sweet messed thoughts, yes a valentines day only for furries.
Well, I for one don't want to have to suffer another valentines day in a year. Once a year of sadness and feeling lonely is enough for me. (Heck last year you could buy candy and have it sent to your loved ones in tutor, I was one of the only ones who didn't get one. Of course that isn't much, but I got a valentines card from my gran last year so I didn't feel too bad! Which was really nice of her I guess.)
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2013, 05:27:10 pm »
Well, I for one don't want to have to suffer another valentines day in a year. Once a year of sadness and feeling lonely is enough for me. (Heck last year you could buy candy and have it sent to your loved ones in tutor, I was one of the only ones who didn't get one. Of course that isn't much, but I got a valentines card from my gran last year so I didn't feel too bad! Which was really nice of her I guess.)

my god guys, you people who are single really need to get out and celebrate Single awareness day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singles_Awareness_Day) which JUST SO HAPPENS to be on the same day as valentines day

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 05:31:58 pm »

my god guys, you people who are single really need to get out and celebrate Single awareness day (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singles_Awareness_Day) which JUST SO HAPPENS to be on the same day as valentines day
Looks good, I might try the gift giving to myself. xD
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2013, 07:05:21 pm »
Since I loathe the crap out of Valentine's Day (I have VERY specific reasons), I disagree with a furry Valentine's Day. If there were two Valentine's Days in one year, I'd rather jump off a bridge. >_<

But still, just a furry fandom day in general (like I said earlier) would be awesome!
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2013, 12:17:36 am »
Well 4Chan has "Furfag Fridays" in which /b/ gets spammed with adult furry material...
 uh.. yep.

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2013, 12:40:17 pm »
Nope, not that I know of. It would be pretty cool if there was a holiday specifically for anthropomorphic animal characters and their fans. I wouldn't know what date to suggest. Maybe a date coinciding with a large-scale furry convention like Anthrocon?
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2013, 01:18:29 pm »
Nope, not that I know of. It would be pretty cool if there was a holiday specifically for anthropomorphic animal characters and their fans. I wouldn't know what date to suggest. Maybe a date coinciding with a large-scale furry convention like Anthrocon?

That would actually be a really smart idea! but it would have to be the ONE con that is the most famous and is the one everyone in the world wants to go to. So i guess coninciding with anthrocon would be the best idea. But then again, if we were to have one, we would need to have to be on a signifigant date for a signifigant reason. just putting down one of the days that anthrocon is on wouldnt really have that much reason

Offline Applefolf

• Purple Level
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2013, 01:54:13 pm »

That would actually be a really smart idea! but it would have to be the ONE con that is the most famous and is the one everyone in the world wants to go to. So i guess coninciding with anthrocon would be the best idea. But then again, if we were to have one, we would need to have to be on a signifigant date for a signifigant reason. just putting down one of the days that anthrocon is on wouldnt really have that much reason
How about the date when the first anthropomorphic animal comic came out (I forgot the name, but I believe it was what set off the whole furry fandom)?
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2013, 02:06:04 pm »

How about the date when the first anthropomorphic animal comic came out (I forgot the name, but I believe it was what set off the whole furry fandom)?

I dont think that would be a good date because we would be unable to confirm if it did set off the fandom. also the egyptians worshiped gods that were anthro animals so would there be any disrespect if we choose a date based on the first anthro comic as they were (i think) the "first"? this is just a thought we might want to consider if we are choosing a date.