Author Topic: furry holiday  (Read 3436 times)

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
Re: furry holiday
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2013, 02:07:49 pm »
Nope, not that I know of. It would be pretty cool if there was a holiday specifically for anthropomorphic animal characters and their fans. I wouldn't know what date to suggest. Maybe a date coinciding with a large-scale furry convention like Anthrocon?

That would actually be a really smart idea! but it would have to be the ONE con that is the most famous and is the one everyone in the world wants to go to. So i guess coninciding with anthrocon would be the best idea. But then again, if we were to have one, we would need to have to be on a signifigant date for a signifigant reason. just putting down one of the days that anthrocon is on wouldnt really have that much reason
How about the date when the first anthropomorphic animal comic came out (I forgot the name, but I believe it was what set off the whole furry fandom)?
Albedo Anthropomorphics?
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • FCW6s A C- D++ H+ M- P- R+++ T++ W- Z- Sm# RLU a-
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2013, 08:37:47 pm »
I would rather have the date not refer to any adult material...
we all need alittle :nuzzle:

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2013, 08:43:30 pm »

You do raise a very valid point. since the Fandom does  get stereotyped (not sure if im using the right word but hopefully you get the jist of it) towards adult material and fetish. i think if there were to be a day, it would probably be great to try to avoid said stereotypes

But knowing the fandom, this may as well be near impossible
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2013, 08:44:05 pm »

Agreed.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Flint The Wolf

• 3red5u
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 50
  • The proof is in the floof.
    • FurAffinity - FlintTheWolf
    • Twitter - @Flint_The_Wolf
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2013, 05:34:07 pm »
I love this idea. BUT... and this is a big but (hehe)... I think that it should be made into an entire week instead of just one day. Perhaps the week before or after Anthrocon? Anyway, what I was think was maybe a week in March, which is the month that winter ends and the animals begin to continue life as usual (the symbolism in that statement is obvious). Maybe, each day of the week could have a different significance? A few ideas I have include Furry Couple Day, Scalies Day, Art Day, Furry Public Awareness Day (everybody wears something to their normal everyday occupation revolving around the fandom) just as a few. What do you guys think?

Whoever said "weird" was "bad"?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Bigf00t777
Email: videosteven10@gmail.com

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2013, 05:45:48 pm »
A national furry holiday would be really great, methinks. I'd vote it not for summer cuz looning around in a fursuit would make us feel very hot.

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2013, 05:50:12 pm »
I love this idea. BUT... and this is a big but (hehe)... I think that it should be made into an entire week instead of just one day. Perhaps the week before or after Anthrocon? Anyway, what I was think was maybe a week in March, which is the month that winter ends and the animals begin to continue life as usual (the symbolism in that statement is obvious). Maybe, each day of the week could have a different significance? A few ideas I have include Furry Couple Day, Scalies Day, Art Day, Furry Public Awareness Day (everybody wears something to their normal everyday occupation revolving around the fandom) just as a few. What do you guys think?
I love the Furry Public Awareness Day idea! :lol-fox:

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2013, 07:20:48 pm »

I won't be celebrating Furry Couple Day (two Valentine's Days in one? Bleh... >_<), but everything else is legit~ xD
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2013, 09:30:49 pm »

I won't be celebrating Furry Couple Day (two Valentine's Days in one? Bleh... >_<), but everything else is legit~ xD
Wait, could this actually become a holiday?

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2013, 09:37:06 pm »

Well first of all, since we appear to be looking for not a day but a week of things being dedicated to furriness, i dont think we would be able to get a holiday. HOWEVER, we could probably get something symbolistic like Pi day or Black history Month. However, we would need to spread this though word of mouth to first the furry community then eventually everyone else

Offline Flint The Wolf

• 3red5u
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 50
  • The proof is in the floof.
    • FurAffinity - FlintTheWolf
    • Twitter - @Flint_The_Wolf
« Reply #30 on: October 03, 2013, 09:51:21 pm »

Yes, my friend, it could :3

Anyway, my original post was pretty rushed, so let me get a little more detailed. The holiday would begin on the first day after winter ends (which this year, is Thursday, March 20). The symbolism associated with that day is that, after winter, animals begin to give birth, play around, frolic, run around, and do whatever they want. On the first day, there will be a Furry Week Kickoff Day. Essentially, this is a day for partying, socializing, and having fun being social with other furs. Friday, by default, no matter what day within the 7 days it falls in, will always be Fursuit Friday. This day is pretty self-explanatory; This is a day for fursuiting and having fun in those suits. The time of the year in which the weather isn't yet warm but is just warm enough is perfect for outdoor fursuiting. For those without fursuits, this would be a day to wear a tail if you have one, or just hang out and have fun. Saturday would be Art Day. Again, self-explanatory. Artists can show off and sell their art, draw with fellow artists, and just do what artists do. Sunday, seeing that it's still the weekend, can be Furry Couple Day. While it would pretty much be Furry Valentine's Day, it wouldn't be nearly as commercialized, and plus it would have our own furry touch. Monday would be Furry Public Awareness Day, seeing as this is the day everybody goes back to school/work for the week. Essentially, this would be a day to show your furry pride to the world! You could wear a tail, put a pawprint on your hand, or possibly even show your furryness to your friends. This day will essentially be about showing the public how awesome and harmless the fandom really is! And... well that's all I can think of XD. If you have any other days to add, let me know.

Whoever said "weird" was "bad"?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Bigf00t777
Email: videosteven10@gmail.com

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »

Yes, my friend, it could :3

Anyway, my original post was pretty rushed, so let me get a little more detailed. The holiday would begin on the first day after winter ends (which this year, is Thursday, March 20). The symbolism associated with that day is that, after winter, animals begin to give birth, play around, frolic, run around, and do whatever they want. On the first day, there will be a Furry Week Kickoff Day. Essentially, this is a day for partying, socializing, and having fun being social with other furs. Friday, by default, no matter what day within the 7 days it falls in, will always be Fursuit Friday. This day is pretty self-explanatory; This is a day for fursuiting and having fun in those suits. The time of the year in which the weather isn't yet warm but is just warm enough is perfect for outdoor fursuiting. For those without fursuits, this would be a day to wear a tail if you have one, or just hang out and have fun. Saturday would be Art Day. Again, self-explanatory. Artists can show off and sell their art, draw with fellow artists, and just do what artists do. Sunday, seeing that it's still the weekend, can be Furry Couple Day. While it would pretty much be Furry Valentine's Day, it wouldn't be nearly as commercialized, and plus it would have our own furry touch. Monday would be Furry Public Awareness Day, seeing as this is the day everybody goes back to school/work for the week. Essentially, this would be a day to show your furry pride to the world! You could wear a tail, put a pawprint on your hand, or possibly even show your furryness to your friends. This day will essentially be about showing the public how awesome and harmless the fandom really is! And... well that's all I can think of XD. If you have any other days to add, let me know.

This is so well thought out and brilliant... Now all we need to do is A) finalize details and B) spread the word

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #32 on: October 04, 2013, 04:24:50 pm »
Yay!
Furrys rule! :lol-fox:

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2013, 05:48:58 pm »
Nope, not that I know of. It would be pretty cool if there was a holiday specifically for anthropomorphic animal characters and their fans. I wouldn't know what date to suggest. Maybe a date coinciding with a large-scale furry convention like Anthrocon?

That would actually be a really smart idea! but it would have to be the ONE con that is the most famous and is the one everyone in the world wants to go to. So i guess coninciding with anthrocon would be the best idea. But then again, if we were to have one, we would need to have to be on a signifigant date for a signifigant reason. just putting down one of the days that anthrocon is on wouldnt really have that much reason
How about the date when the first anthropomorphic animal comic came out (I forgot the name, but I believe it was what set off the whole furry fandom)?
Albedo Anthropomorphics?
Probably, I'm not too sure on the actual comic as I looked at it going back a while now. But it seems like the right one.

And Ryan, I think that the Furry awareness day thing would be brilliant! Why don't we have it already!?
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2013, 09:30:22 pm »

Albedo Anthropomorphics?
Probably, I'm not too sure on the actual comic as I looked at it going back a while now. But it seems like the right one.

And Ryan, I think that the Furry awareness day thing would be brilliant! Why don't we have it already!?

I think the problem is that no one really came up with the ingenuity to actually have a day for that sort of stuff. For example why is February black history month? it could have been a week or any other month but it had to be February. Why? because some brilliant person(s) came up with the idea for a month dedicated towards that stuff and marketed it in a way so that there are people who will celebrate it. Since this (i believe) is a starting original idea that came from here, what we need to do is spread it like wildfire and appeal to people who would want to start a day like this. Using sites that are most popular among furries as well as celebrating the day ourselves would help create awareness for what we want to celebrate. Though a problem we may run into is what does this day represent, i think we got that adequately covered with reasons(though we may need some concrete reasons).

Basically what im saying if you are too damm lazy to read the above paragraph is we need to market this day to everyone do it is known outside our community

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #35 on: October 04, 2013, 10:50:26 pm »
Well i think if anyone has a FA account (cause i dont) we could start there... :lol-fox:
Im just woried about the backlash... :sad-fox:

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #36 on: October 04, 2013, 11:00:42 pm »
I don't have a FA account either (i should get one...) so i really cant say anything about the community. I'm pretty sure the furry Reddit community is quite friendly and we can get some more adolescent opinions there.

I'm pretty sure that if we word it correctly (which we should do here) we can present it in a way that will be appealing to everyone and the only thing that would be left is to ensure that people accept it. what we need to do before we spread it is to make sure A) what day is each different special day B) its worded in a convincing fashion

I feel im repeating the same advice here over and over again and i really should write something up that finalizes stuff XD

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2013, 08:38:54 pm »
Well i think that we should all work on one document, or plan somthing out together before spreading the news... that way everyone is on the same page.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2013, 09:41:45 pm »
Tell you what, homies. . .I call a Public Furry Holiday on the 17th October - my wedding day!  :D

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2013, 09:54:01 pm »
Maybe call it fur suit for fun day and everyone has an enormous party in fur suits!!!
Add me on skype! kyle.muns