Author Topic: furry holiday  (Read 3442 times)

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: furry holiday
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2013, 10:45:23 pm »
Tell you what, homies. . .I call a Public Furry Holiday on the 17th October - my wedding day!  :D

Well, at least we can have a special celebration day here on FT for your wedding day on the 17th! it might be a bit to hard to convince a bunch of people in such a short time.

Well i think that we should all work on one document, or plan somthing out together before spreading the news... that way everyone is on the same page.

yes i agree. but i think since we already have this thread here, why not just use this thread as discussion. It could be more organized for changes and stuff

So far, from what i remember based on previous posts with not that much change from flint's post, we have (for this/next year)

October 17th - Alexxa's wedding day (furry holiday here?)

March 20th - day that spring starts, AKA furry week kickoff day
March 21st - Fursuit Friday
March 22nd - Art Day
March 23rd - Furry couple day (quite controversial among some members so we need to debate on this issue)
March 24th - Furry Public Awareness day
March 25th - [empty for now but we need ideas]
March 26th - [empty for now but we need ideas]
March 27th - [empty for now but we need ideas]

I'm going to throw out some ideas here that we can debate about.
- Should we have a day for RPing / LARPing? it may be an observation but i think its popular among furries
- A day we just go outside and do stuff with animals (dont know why but it seems to fit)
- Something relating to the LGBTQ(...) community?

Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Flint The Wolf

• 3red5u
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 50
  • The proof is in the floof.
    • FurAffinity - FlintTheWolf
    • Twitter - @Flint_The_Wolf
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2013, 11:29:54 pm »
Tell you what, homies. . .I call a Public Furry Holiday on the 17th October - my wedding day!  :D

Well, at least we can have a special celebration day here on FT for your wedding day on the 17th! it might be a bit to hard to convince a bunch of people in such a short time.

Well i think that we should all work on one document, or plan somthing out together before spreading the news... that way everyone is on the same page.

yes i agree. but i think since we already have this thread here, why not just use this thread as discussion. It could be more organized for changes and stuff

So far, from what i remember based on previous posts with not that much change from flint's post, we have (for this/next year)

October 17th - Alexxa's wedding day (furry holiday here?)

March 22nd - Art Day
March 23rd - Furry couple day (quite controversial among some members so we need to debate on this issue)

I'm going to throw out some ideas here that we can debate about.
- Should we have a day for RPing / LARPing? it may be an observation but i think its popular among furries
- A day we just go outside and do stuff with animals (dont know why but it seems to fit)
- Something relating to the LGBTQ(...) community?

I like your ideas Messed, but I also have a few more I'd like to throw out:

Furry Creative Arts Appreciation Day (any ideas for a shorter title?): Basically, a day that all of us in the fandom take a day to appreciate any book, movie, TV show, video game, comic, etc. containing anthromorphic characters

Furry Rally Day: A day where furries participate in charity events, parties, rallies, and other public events. Basically a day of fun, furry pride, and public activity.

Furry Legend Day: A day to celebrate influential furs within the fandom.

Any other ideas?

• Pronouns: He/Him/His

Whoever said "weird" was "bad"?

Xbox Live Gamertag: Bigf00t777
Email: videosteven10@gmail.com

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2013, 11:33:14 pm »
Furry Pride meets Gay Pride. Hahahaa - that could be really interesting. :)

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2013, 10:21:23 am »
I like your ideas Messed, but I also have a few more I'd like to throw out:

Furry Creative Arts Appreciation Day (any ideas for a shorter title?): Basically, a day that all of us in the fandom take a day to appreciate any book, movie, TV show, video game, comic, etc. containing anthromorphic characters

Furry Rally Day: A day where furries participate in charity events, parties, rallies, and other public events. Basically a day of fun, furry pride, and public activity.

Furry Legend Day: A day to celebrate influential furs within the fandom.

Any other ideas?

Furry legend day is something i am a bit uncertain about. Who would we define as influential, how would we celebrate them? I think we need a bit more detail for this if we are to consider this an option

Furry Creative Arts Appreciation Day is actually quite a nice idea but im a bit to worried people may think its a bit to similar to the art day we already have. any way we can either combine the two or make each event more distinct?

Furry rally day is another great idea but then again, we need to make this idea distinct from fursuit Friday because of the possibility of overlap in ideals.

Furry Pride meets Gay Pride. Hahahaa - that could be really interesting. :)

Well its just an idea i threw out, I do recall that the majority of the fandom is NOT straight and i was thinking it is kind of part of our pride in a way (i dont know its just IMO).
Also, just as food for thought on this topic the International Transgender Day of Visibility is on March 31st. Should we make efforts to overlap the week with this day?

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
  • FCW6s A C- D++ H+ M- P- R+++ T++ W- Z- Sm# RLU a-
  • Fursona Species: wolf
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2013, 07:41:39 pm »
What about a day where we BE our fursonna(s), that would be interesting... and you can wear a fursuit if you'd like too!
we all need alittle :nuzzle:

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2013, 03:15:38 am »

It's only controversial for me, so I guess just do it anyway and not care about me... ._.

The reason why I'm so against Furry Couple Day is because I've had an extremely heartbreaking experience on Valentine's Day (which I'd rather not discuss), and I don't want to relive that pain twice a year.
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2013, 06:32:58 am »

It's only controversial for me, so I guess just do it anyway and not care about me... ._.

The reason why I'm so against Furry Couple Day is because I've had an extremely heartbreaking experience on Valentine's Day (which I'd rather not discuss), and I don't want to relive that pain twice a year.

First of all i understand what you are thinking about but something that we also should consider as well. (taken from https://sites.google.com/site/anthropomorphicresearch/past-results/international-furry-survey-summer-2011 Look at Q9) we might want to consider these stats if we want to choose anything

What about a day where we BE our fursonna(s), that would be interesting... and you can wear a fursuit if you'd like too!

Ehh... isn't that similar to fursuit Friday? not that im trying to kill opinions or anything but it seems really similar IMO.

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2013, 04:28:07 pm »

First of all i understand what you are thinking about but something that we also should consider as well. (taken from https://sites.google.com/site/anthropomorphicresearch/past-results/international-furry-survey-summer-2011 Look at Q9) we might want to consider these stats if we want to choose anything

Ehh... isn't that similar to fursuit Friday? not that im trying to kill opinions or anything but it seems really similar IMO.
hmm... now that i think of it, yea... sorry, kind of excited!

Offline Flint The Wolf

• 3red5u
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #48 on: December 12, 2013, 02:40:35 pm »
I can't believe I forgot about this thread! Oh wow, yeah, sorry about that. Anyway, if anyone's still willing to talk about this, we can start throwing ideas around again. We have gotten quite a few new members over the past two months, so let's see what we can come up with I suppose. I'd love to see what we could put in those remaining days, or if we could possibly improve on what we already have.

Offline Skipper

• Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • Swag
« Reply #49 on: December 12, 2013, 02:56:07 pm »
Isnt there a holiday we do a week a year on here already?

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2013, 04:26:53 pm »
Blargh, forgot about this thread entirely ahaha

Is like to hear the opinions of others , cause I DID change a few of my opinions on what I posted in the past. Lets see what he current population thinks cause I think it's different than two months ago

And skipper, what are you referring to exactly? I can't think of any right now

Offline Skipper

• Yellow Level
  • Swag
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2013, 05:37:24 pm »
Now that I think of it im not sure of anyone actually called it a holiday *-*

It was the thing where everyone changed their fursona to a random thing like those puppets from the USA puppet strike force what ever its called thing.  On an off note I found out its national velociraptor awareness month in America today.  :mrgreen:

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2013, 09:44:26 pm »
Considering how i took the time to read all of this thread and am now smiling like an idiot, I think this is an awesome idea! The schedule/plan you guys have come up with looks great to me so far. Messed's idea of a day about the LGBTQ community inside the fandom is great. This could possibly be extended into a general self-pride day. I also like Flint's idea for a furry rally day. Charity + parties + pride = fun and good feelings all around  :lol-fox:
We could also have a day where we celebrate more alternative forms of art. I think that on Art Day, the main focus would be on drawings, pictures, and other visual art, and music and writing would be, to an extent, ignored. So we could have one day be for visual art and another day be for all other kinds of art. Anyone else agree with this?
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2013, 12:52:39 am »

Species change week!
Not an "official" furry holiday by any means, but its fun to post about it on other furry sites and get others to participate c:
Its been going on for years now, and its awesome fun x)
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Skipper

• Yellow Level
  • Swag
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2013, 01:23:05 am »

Species change week!
Not an "official" furry holiday by any means, but its fun to post about it on other furry sites and get others to participate c:
Its been going on for years now, and its awesome fun x)

I didnt have a clue what was going on last time suddenly people where puppets and I just sat there wondering what I was missing XD

Offline Flint The Wolf

• 3red5u
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2013, 05:21:08 pm »
Considering how i took the time to read all of this thread and am now smiling like an idiot, I think this is an awesome idea! The schedule/plan you guys have come up with looks great to me so far. Messed's idea of a day about the LGBTQ community inside the fandom is great. This could possibly be extended into a general self-pride day. I also like Flint's idea for a furry rally day. Charity + parties + pride = fun and good feelings all around  :lol-fox:
We could also have a day where we celebrate more alternative forms of art. I think that on Art Day, the main focus would be on drawings, pictures, and other visual art, and music and writing would be, to an extent, ignored. So we could have one day be for visual art and another day be for all other kinds of art. Anyone else agree with this?

Thanks for the complements  :fox-:):. I'm really glad we're throwing ideas around again about this. As for your idea, it could work, but I think it would be a tad bit awkward. I mean, sure, visual and non-visual arts are pretty different, but there are a lot of people in the fandom who partake in non-visual art too, so to split it up would kind of put more of a priority on visual artists, seeing as they are the most prevalent, you see? I might be wrong, though. Eh, whatever.

Anyway, about the Pride Day, I love the idea! Does everyone agree?

Offline MessedThoughts

• Purple Level
« Reply #56 on: December 13, 2013, 09:49:32 pm »

Thanks for the complements  :fox-:):. I'm really glad we're throwing ideas around again about this. As for your idea, it could work, but I think it would be a tad bit awkward. I mean, sure, visual and non-visual arts are pretty different, but there are a lot of people in the fandom who partake in non-visual art too, so to split it up would kind of put more of a priority on visual artists, seeing as they are the most prevalent, you see? I might be wrong, though. Eh, whatever.

Anyway, about the Pride Day, I love the idea! Does everyone agree?

Ok, so i read through you guys opinions, and thought about it. From the last time I posted, i saw these three ideas either reappearing or as a new idea

- Furry rally day
- Furry pride/self pride/ LGBTQ pride
- Divide art day into two different kinds of days

For reference, here is the things we agreed on the last time
March 22nd - Art Day

Now for my actual thoughts...

For dividing the art day into two, i do see a possibility of dividing up the art into visual and non visual arts. However, i feel as though there would be more balance if we divided  it with one day Only on Drawings & music while the other one is about Preforming arts/other kinds of artistic expression. The only reason i say this is i feel as though we can tie Roleplaying into this day, as it IS a large part of the random itself. If the division seems to be a bit off, we might even want to consider having a day dedicated to RPing

For LGBTQ pride, i strongly support the idea for a day during the week to celebrate, as it is a large part of our fandom. I think that we may be able to tie self pride into that day, but im just not sure what can we express with self pride (if im missing something, sorry brain dead).

For Furry Rally day, i looked back at what i said earlier, and i feel really dumb as there might be a way for us to do something like that. However, i'm still trying to think of a way its distinct from the other days. Its probably my brain right now, but im sure there is something we can develop from here.

As for another idea, since the fandom was really mostly centered around the internet and not really of any central idea (think doctor who fans, they all have a show as a central idea. we dont have that sort of thing) we should do some form of celebration related to the internet. Possibly gaming/online sales or something?

In summary

- Furry rally day (still thinking of making it distinct)
- Furry pride/self pride/ LGBTQ pride (i support the idea)
- Divide art day into two different kinds of days (I support, just need detail fleshing out)

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #57 on: March 02, 2014, 12:21:18 am »
sorry I'm not online as much, got a LOAD of schoolwork that hit me in teh face and i've had my paws full for a long time now... anyway, i was thinking that we could advertise some of this at a major con? possibly one that is family friendly?
also, ive been thinking very hard about this, but we could try talking to one of the staff at a con and see if someone in higher power likes the idea and we could take this to a whole new level, (everyone will get credit in one way or another, whether it is your slogan, a icon depicting the particular day on the celebration, with your fursona in it, or somthing as simple as credit for funding, or "helping hands!")
im sure there might (cause' this is a big deal) and i say might.(also cause' i cant make badges) be a badge for doing so! :lol-fox: :lol-fox: :lol-fox:

Offline EclipsetheWolf

• FT's resident geek!
  • Yellow Level
  • Fursuit SOON!
  • Fursona Species: Main: wolf
« Reply #58 on: March 02, 2014, 01:18:07 am »
Someone we could honor for furry legends day is lemonade coyote.

For those of you who don't know, lemonade coyote was a well respected member of the furry community. Lemonade was an EMT (emergency medical team), he was gay, and he had the best fursuit/fursona ever (my opinion). Uncle Kage actually took a few minutes out of his time during story time to talk about him.
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Lemonade_Coyote

FCWf3a A C- D+++ H+ M? P++ R T++ W- Z- Sm RLCT a- cn++++ d+ e- f+ h* i++ j p+ sm

Offline Somoto Wolf

• Somoto the wolf
  • Orange Level
« Reply #59 on: December 16, 2014, 08:29:10 pm »
I do think that this should become (at least) a furry reintroduction(?) day?
I would like to start this thread back up if possible... :lol-fox: :fox-:P: