Author Topic: furry holiday  (Read 3218 times)

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
Re: furry holiday
« Reply #60 on: May 25, 2016, 01:41:13 pm »
Furry holiday is everyday : 3
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Offline Célestin La Rue

• Colombe Céleste
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 34
  • Voler au-desses!
  • Fursona Species: Dove
« Reply #61 on: May 25, 2016, 11:17:44 pm »
      There are currently no holidays celebrating the furry fandom in any nation around the world. This is for several reasons including issues pertaining to government. The governments around the world that normally proclaim official holidays have no connection with the fandom, nor do they desire to connect. Also, the furry fandom isn't governed by any set organization. There are the convention boards such as Anthrocon, and the leaders of the online community such as the FurryTeens team, but nothing regulates the entire fandom. I don't think it would harm us by having a furry day, and it may actually help us to show who we really to the people all over. I see no better oppertunity to showcase our fandom publically than with a holiday. As for what day it would be on, I really wouldn't know because there are no prominant dates to the furry fandom. A day that randomly came to mind is the 20th day of March because it's the Spring equinox. It should be called "World Furry Day." It would be something international all over the world. It would last a full solar rotation, from France to China.
  • Pronouns: He, Him, His

Online Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #62 on: May 26, 2016, 09:40:42 am »
My question is what makes furries any different from any other fandom to deserve their own holiday? Having a furry holiday is as silly as have a MLP fandom holiday or an anime holiday or a supernatural fandom holiday or a hoovian holiday. Point being fandoms don't need holidays. Having special days within the fandom itself (such as fursuit Friday) is fun but I see no reason why we need a national holiday. You'd also have to be really careful to pick a day that isn't disrespecting any existing holidays or religious days, I know most of these posts are older but I saw a lot of people mentioning the equinox which is a Pagan holiday and since a lot of pagan holidays are already really disrespected putting a "furry holiday" on that day wouldn't be a great idea as it'd be really disrespectful to all branches of paganism for example
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 10:26:25 am by Tamara »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline flurrin

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 128
  • sushi dog
« Reply #63 on: May 26, 2016, 10:01:30 am »
@tamara
ah true although technically speaking there is a dr who day, its November 23rd because that is the anniversary of the show although in the UK at least it is less of a fandom and more a part of British culture. There is also star wars day (may the fourth be with you). Not that these are really widely celebrated. From what ive seen everyday of the year has multiple holidays assigned to them already (if you take into account how big the world is) most of them just being obscure or just a few people claiming it is some kinda day, but any widely recognized holiday would need to be respected. Though a furry holiday wouldn't work because it isn't mainstream culture, its something that I see as separate. For commercial reasons I have seen people claiming for an anime day and stuff but these are just advertising campaigns of sorts i think. (just "devils advocating" -.-)
  • Flag - britain
  • Award - Holiday Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - androgynous
  • Pronouns: any
profile pic by ShopePapilloma

Online Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 80
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2017, 11:55:58 am »
Maybe FT could have a furry pride day, but to avoid confusion (or rather to create it) the day is changed every year according to a poll with 4 random days up for vote. And about it being a fandom day...maybe instead it can join the groups celebrating geek pride day. I mean look at other fandoms position themselves on that day: Towel Day, Star Wars Day, and others.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site)
ENTJ | Field Marshall | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥