Author Topic: Dream Theater  (Read 415 times)

Offline DextheHyena

• Hyena needs coffee!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Dream Theater's furriest fanboy
    • DeviantArt - Fauxyfire
    • FurAffinity - Twokindsofawesome
  • Fursona Species: Striped hyena. ALTs: Otter and hybrid
Dream Theater
« on: October 01, 2013, 07:07:10 am »
Alright, who out here around the FT forums is a Dream Theater fan? If you are, what's your favourite song and why? Also what are your thoughts on the new album?

Personally, the new album is astounding. I love it's new experimental riffs and lyrics.

My favourite DT song will forever remain to Metropolis part 1: The Miracle and the Sleeper.  Why? It's just so damn awesome! And I love the lyrics.

If stranded in the forest, John Petrucci can light a fire by playing a tremolo-picked solo of 64th notes until his pick catches fire.

Offline GypseeCrush

• Aspiring Furry Dancer
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Please Excuse the Awful Icon
    • DeviantArt - PacificusDraco
    • FurAffinity - GypseeCrush
  • Fursona Species: Demon Giant Panda (Alt: A monochromatic wolf named SplitWulf)
Re: Dream Theater
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 03:41:17 am »
Ho-ho-ho-holy dang, I thought I would be the only one on here who's a fan of DT! :D

Personally, I could never pick just one Dream Theater song out of all of them. There's just too many great ones.

I can't pick an album to call my favorite, either XD I grew up istening to Awake (I had a vhs with concert footage and music videos and such from the album and it was wonderful), but I also adore the beauty and storytelling of Scenes from a Memory.

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is a great one, too.

I love Systematic Chaos too much to even measure (especially In the Presence of Enemies Part 2) and A Dramatic Turn of Events just blew me away.

From this new album I've only heard The Enemy Inside and it was just so intense.

Gah, but listen to me rambling. XD

I guess if I had to pick just one song to call my favorite, it has to be the ENTIRE Scenes from a memory album (the whole thing is one song if you think about it ;D). In fact, one day I actually sat down and wrote all the lyrics to every song on that album (I was like 11) just so I could memorize them and attempt to interpret them.

Offline DextheHyena

• Hyena needs coffee!
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 9
  • Dream Theater's furriest fanboy
    • DeviantArt - Fauxyfire
    • FurAffinity - Twokindsofawesome
  • Fursona Species: Striped hyena. ALTs: Otter and hybrid
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 08:02:20 am »
Ho-ho-ho-holy dang, I thought I would be the only one on here who's a fan of DT! :D

Personally, I could never pick just one Dream Theater song out of all of them. There's just too many great ones.

I can't pick an album to call my favorite, either XD I grew up istening to Awake (I had a vhs with concert footage and music videos and such from the album and it was wonderful), but I also adore the beauty and storytelling of Scenes from a Memory.

Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence is a great one, too.

I love Systematic Chaos too much to even measure (especially In the Presence of Enemies Part 2) and A Dramatic Turn of Events just blew me away.

From this new album I've only heard The Enemy Inside and it was just so intense.

Gah, but listen to me rambling. XD

I guess if I had to pick just one song to call my favorite, it has to be the ENTIRE Scenes from a memory album (the whole thing is one song if you think about it ;D). In fact, one day I actually sat down and wrote all the lyrics to every song on that album (I was like 11) just so I could memorize them and attempt to interpret them.

It's not rambling! It's awesome DT devotion and fanboyism.  :fox-:P:

And thats not fair, picking the entire scenes from a memory as your favorite song, haha. But I do see where you are coming from.

Also If you liked the Enemy Inside, I HIGHLY suggest you get the new album!

If stranded in the forest, John Petrucci can light a fire by playing a tremolo-picked solo of 64th notes until his pick catches fire.

Offline GypseeCrush

• Aspiring Furry Dancer
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Please Excuse the Awful Icon
    • DeviantArt - PacificusDraco
    • FurAffinity - GypseeCrush
  • Fursona Species: Demon Giant Panda (Alt: A monochromatic wolf named SplitWulf)
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 01:56:20 pm »
My dad already ordered it along with the dvd from their most recent tour. (Oddly, the site won't send either until they can send both -.-;)

And fine, then. I pick Metropolis Part 1"The Miracle and the Sleeper" as my all-time favorite. Yeah, I know you picked it too, but you're totally right. It is awesome! ^^ And seeing them play it live during their most recent tour just kind of solidified it as my favorite