Author Topic: Ask Lacie~  (Read 629 times)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
Ask Lacie~
« on: October 01, 2013, 08:41:24 pm »
So I've made this thread for anybody who loves rock and metal music as much as I do.

Ask weblacie, one of FT's biggest metalheads, about the magical genre of music known as Heavy Metal.

I'll be happy to give you suggestions~
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
Re: Ask Lacie~
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2013, 08:52:19 pm »
I have problems with genres. I don't really know the difference between hard rock and metal
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 08:56:03 pm »
What are bands similar to dragonforce? (in terms of the type of music they create)
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2013, 09:00:26 pm »
I have problems with genres. I don't really know the difference between hard rock and metal

The difference between hard rock and metal is hard to find at first. However, with a few simple comparisons, it gets easier.

Hard Rock: heavy, but not AS heavy; simple riffs (mostly. Metal riffs can be simple sometimes); simple drum patterns; mid tempo (mostly)

Metal: heavy, very heavy; more complex riffs and drumming; usually fast tempoed, but can be slower sometimes.

But of course, it can be better compared with actual music.

Just a few random examples:

Compare the two songs "Riot" by Three Days Grace and "Into the Moonlight" by Dream Evil and see if you can play the game "Is it Metal or Hard Rock?" game. :3

These are just two random songs I picked off of my iPod. There's nothing similar about them at all. xD

~~

What are bands similar to dragonforce? (in terms of the type of music they create)

Dragonforce's sound is pretty one-of-a-kind to me. But, a few bands from the same subgenre (power metal) include Blind Guardian, Sabaton, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Avantasia, Helloween, Dio... I could sit here for an eternity and name bands. xD
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2013, 09:06:53 pm »

Dragonforce's sound is pretty one-of-a-kind to me. But, a few bands from the same subgenre (power metal) include Blind Guardian, Sabaton, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Avantasia, Helloween, Dio... I could sit here for an eternity and name bands. xD

I would urge you to go on as i really need to expand my collection in that genere
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2013, 09:12:02 pm »

I would urge you to go on as i really need to expand my collection in that genere

Blind Guardian, Sabaton, Hammerfall, Stratovarius, Avantasia, Helloween, Dio, Iced Earth, Grave Digger, Falconer, Nightwish, Edguy, Rhapsody of Fire, Sonata Arctica, Gamma Ray, Angra, Manowar, and that's just off the top of my head.

Offline Gaz

• The Mobile
  • Cookies: 288
  • FT's Unofficial Disc Jockey
    • Twitter - @GlitterLiquor
    • Song I listen to far too much
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2013, 09:21:27 pm »

There is also Winter Sun, and Power Quest.
Which in my opinion are similar, sorry for posting in your thread Web, I couldn't resist! xD
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 09:23:01 pm by Gaz »
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Feel free to contact me with questions, concerns,
or if you just want to talk.

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2013, 09:27:23 pm »

There is also Winter Sun, and Power Quest.
Which in my opinion are similar, sorry for posting in your thread Web, I couldn't resist! xD

Oh it's okay. Thanks for mentioning them~!