Author Topic: The Last of Us  (Read 679 times)

Offline Gabumon00

• Red Level
  • Candies: 0
    • Twitter - @gabumon00
  • Fursona Species: Gabumon
The Last of Us
« on: November 07, 2013, 10:18:13 pm »
For years now, games about the apocalypse have been loved by all. There are games like Dead Rising, Call of Duty, and even Saints Row: The Third contained zombies... and absolutely destroying them with shotguns and assualt rifles, even guns like CoD: BO's "Wonder Waffle" which sounds delicious but trust me, iit can blow your head off. All of these are great games but hardly any where a full-force drama story, but one of the few was The Last of Us that have released recently. The Last of Us is about a terrorist group called, "The Fireflies", who released an infection who turns everyone in contact in to a flesh-eating zombie. In the opening scenario, we see that neighbors and friens would try to ifeast on one another. The game starrs some years later when the U.S declares martial law and everything is on lockdown. You follow a character who has to face anything and everything just to survive during the collapse of the nation and the terrorist attacks that cause the outbreaks. The gameplay feels crisp and solid all through the game, making it a wounderful and easy game to play. With solid and perfect audio and very fitting graphics, The Last of Us is a masterpeice. The official judgement by me, Gabumon00, is a 9.8 out of a possible 10.0.
"Today, not possible. Tommorow, possible." - A.T.A's motto made by Eternal Grand Master H.U. Lee

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 299
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
Re: The Last of Us
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 01:51:39 am »
It is indeed a beautiful and emotional game. :')
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 01:16:46 am »
The Last of Us is about a terrorist group called, "The Fireflies", who released an infection who turns everyone in contact in to a flesh-eating zombie.

Woah now, this is quite incorrect. The Fireflies in fact did not even exist until a few years after the pathogen took hold of the human race. They formed after the United States was put under martial law, as an anti-government resistance group. They actually want to restore the previous government system of the U.S., bringing democracy back so that the people have a voice. Though, they are extremists and radicals, and use anything within their means to meet their goal or prove a point.

Besides that, I agree with pretty much everything you said.
While I immensely enjoy post-apocalyptic scenarios and zombie bashing, The Last of Us stands out to me for a very different reason.

For me, the game presented very real, very complex characters who all interacted with each other in unique ways. The game is very character and story driven. You grow attached to the characters in the game, namely the main two. The game is very good at making these player-character connections, and then suddenly cutting them off. This, plus the stark realism of the story and some characters actions, the constant need to conserve ammo and supplies, the relatively smooth combat and the beautiful graphics, makes for a combination of elements rarely seen in games now.

It's strange to feel for a one-track minded, homicidal killing machine, but Naughty Dog manages to pull it off. Mainly, you feel for Joel and his decisions because of his reasoning behind it. It greatly exaggerates how he has become attached to Ellie, and he would literally sacrifice everything for her.

The graphics, while they do have their down moments, are all around quite beautiful and are plenty of eye candy. The cutscenes especially stand out to me, looking close to realistic and emulating human movement to a que.

The combat is fluid and handles well, though your allies sometimes can be a hindrance. The ability to choose between all out frontal assault, stealth, or just simply sneaking past your enemies is a great one that not a lot of games give you.

Like many games before it, TLoU also utilizes the player starving factor, where the player is forced to conserve as much ammunition and supplies as possible. This makes using anything seem much more high risk, as you feel as if you might not get more of something for a long while.

And lastly, the game does a brilliant job of sculpting lifelike characters that aren't easily forgotten.

Over all, I would give The Last of Us a 9.6 out of 10.
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2013, 10:50:52 am »
Have yet to play this game; have heard only good things about game.

From what I know, it is a visual masterpiece. The graphics and scenery are amazing works of art. The audio fits in right with the graphics too. The voice acting is phenomenal. Everything was put into this game.

This is also one of the most highest rated games... of all time. It's not some rehash of any series of games (you know what they are...). It's completely new, and completely amazing. The character development is also one of the most outstanding parts of this game.

I probably will be getting this game (For Christmas???), and I really can not wait to play it.

Offline TheIrishHusky

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • If at first you don't succeed, improvise!
    • FurAffinity - TheIrishHusky
  • Fursona Species: Husky
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2013, 01:00:34 am »
The ending was soooooooo good! x3
I hope that they will make some kinda DLC (Down Loadable Content) soon.
I'd rather laugh with the sinners then cry with the saints, the sinners are much more fun only the good die young!

Offline Flabbergastationify

• Orange Marmalade.
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Dinks
  • Fursona Species: Grey Wolf, (Alt. Slynx a.k.a. A Snow Leopard + Lynx crossbreed.) (2nd Alt. Husky)
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2013, 11:42:33 pm »
Never owned a PS3. But I've heard amazing things about this and seen gameplay. I watched a walkthrough and it kind of ruined the game for me, so I probably won't even play it.  :(
I'm nice, outgoing(sometimes), and funny. Don't be afraid to talk to me any time.

Just don't let me catch you saying stupid things.

I don't like stupid things.

It makes me upset.

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2014, 02:39:25 am »
Update. My brother got this game for Christmas and he hasn't been playing it soooo.. I did! I spent roughly three days and holy god, everything I said about the game before is true. It is a stunning game. I did not expect it to be this good. With the very limited supplies and advanced AI, the game feels so realistic. And it had left me shaking each time. Now I'm going to cry every time I hear the word "clicker" (Hey Dan, pass me the clicker? *I run out of the room and throw a brick*)

The story. The graphics. The music. Just wow. 11/10