Author Topic: Mai "I don't feel well" setup. ;^;  (Read 1269 times)

Offline Zukaro Travon

• Prince of Kenthar
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 13
Mai "I don't feel well" setup. ;^;
« on: November 10, 2013, 08:12:10 pm »
This is mai I don't feel well setup.  ;^;

DUAL MONITORS IN BED!!  <3

a

Offline ★ Panda ★

• ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 636
  • ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
Re: Mai "I don't feel well" setup. ;^;
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2013, 10:37:42 pm »
Soo jealous ;A; I wish I had a way to do a cool setup like that.
All I have is a little portable table I can set up next to my bed for my laptop. Which I do a lot, but then I end up laying on one side for hours on end to use the computer, and everything gets really sore e-e Not to mention, that's not good for my already-bad back. So I eagerly await the day I can do something different
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:13:44 pm »
This is mai I don't feel well setup.  ;^;

DUAL MONITORS IN BED!!  <3

a

lol Robin Hood  :badger:
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline Deku64

• Archduke of Videogames
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
  • Faceroll is always an option.
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 04:43:03 pm »
The foxes are everywhere, you cannot escape.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
If you don't know what to do, press all the buttons and something is bound to happen.

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 05:36:31 pm »

its just like i predicted... the end of the world will come upon us soon...

anyway, i find that you are a lucky person to even have a sick setup. My parents only say i'm sick if i just want to sleep all day. This means, im either in bed or on the couch downstairs staring at the TV.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 215
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 07:57:45 pm »
What a beautiful big laptop! What make is it?  :fox-:):

Offline Zukaro Travon

• Prince of Kenthar
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2013, 08:40:39 pm »

I wanna hug all the foxes <3
Also, you can hardly see any of the foxes I has; I have liek, 20+.  :3

It's a System76 laptop; the Bonobo Extreme.
https://www.system76.com/

Mine has an SSD and an HDD, both with full disk encryption (I like to have full disk encryption in case the computer gets stolen; this way my data is safe).  In order to do that I had to reinstall Ubuntu however as full disk encryption is something you have to do while installing the system.

The selling point of System76 computers is that they only use parts which work well with Linux.  However, in the past I have had quite a few issues with this computer.  Although that's probably because I reinstalled everything (I assume they had all these issues fixed before they sent me the computer and then me reinstalling everything screwed all that up :P (plus it did seem to work fine in the limited amount of time I had used it before formatting and reinstalling)).  The reason I reinstalled was so I could setup full disk encryption.  But anyways; I've fixed all the issues now and it works perfectly.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 04:36:29 am »

Mine has an SSD and an HDD, both with full disk encryption (I like to have full disk encryption in case the computer gets stolen; this way my data is safe).  In order to do that I had to reinstall Ubuntu however as full disk encryption is something you have to do while installing the system.

The selling point of System76 computers is that they only use parts which work well with Linux.  However, in the past I have had quite a few issues with this computer.  Although that's probably because I reinstalled everything (I assume they had all these issues fixed before they sent me the computer and then me reinstalling everything screwed all that up :P (plus it did seem to work fine in the limited amount of time I had used it before formatting and reinstalling)).  The reason I reinstalled was so I could setup full disk encryption.  But anyways; I've fixed all the issues now and it works perfectly.

I adore Linux, company's server runs on it. Its stable and flexible. :)

I wonder what British equivalent would be? I'm looking for a new laptop, not Windows 8 and don't mind what I spend providing it has a big screen and is fast. Everything, every day, is backed up. I have a profitable smallholding so something like your laptop would be super. Oh, and I love backlit keyboards.

That is quite the setup you have. For a moment I thought, which end of the bed does he sleep?  :lol:

Offline Zukaro Travon

• Prince of Kenthar
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2013, 07:29:32 pm »

I wonder what British equivalent would be? I'm looking for a new laptop, not Windows 8 and don't mind what I spend providing it has a big screen and is fast. Everything, every day, is backed up. I have a profitable smallholding so something like your laptop would be super. Oh, and I love backlit keyboards.

That is quite the setup you have. For a moment I thought, which end of the bed does he sleep?  :lol:

System76 ships internationally.  However, I went down to the states to pick mine up cuz that way we didn't pay whatever the fee is for items coming into the country.  :P

The backlight keyboard annoys me on this however, as it gives the option to change the colour (through use of hotkeys only), but the settings aren't retained after you shut down completely (for example, I wanted to backlight to be green cuz it's a nice colour, so I set it that way but then when I shut down the computer and turn it on again they're blue).  And apparently you can't mess with the settings from the OS at all.  But it's still nice as is.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2013, 03:45:43 am »

System76 ships internationally.  However, I went down to the states to pick mine up cuz that way we didn't pay whatever the fee is for items coming into the country.  :P

The backlight keyboard annoys me on this however, as it gives the option to change the colour (through use of hotkeys only), but the settings aren't retained after you shut down completely (for example, I wanted to backlight to be green cuz it's a nice colour, so I set it that way but then when I shut down the computer and turn it on again they're blue).  And apparently you can't mess with the settings from the OS at all.  But it's still nice as is.

Mum Rachel is even greater at computers than I am and will be contacting them. We wouldn't mind a blue backlight. Just any backlight would be welcome and thanks for your help. Appreciated. :)

Offline Zukaro Travon

• Prince of Kenthar
  • Yellow Level
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2013, 03:35:53 pm »

Mum Rachel is even greater at computers than I am and will be contacting them. We wouldn't mind a blue backlight. Just any backlight would be welcome and thanks for your help. Appreciated. :)

np :p
But just so you know, I have had quite a few issues with the computer I have.  However, I think they were all caused by me (as I reinstalled the OS so I could do full disk encryption) but I'm not sure.  For example, the wifi didn't work at all and that was really the only issue I remember having.  :P  But I did fix it (I had some help on the System76 forums however; as that's how they do support, you post on their forums and they get back to you on the forums (their forums are on the Ubuntu forums)).  Also, the Ethernet worked just fine, so I was still able to get online on the computer to install anything I needed to fix it and such (in the end it was just a matter of changing a setting using the terminal).

So if the wifi doesn't work for you let me know and I'll see if I can dig up the solution to that issue.

But anyways; once everything’s working it's a great computer (imo anyways).  And again, I'm not sure if the issues were caused by me or not, as I remember everything working fine when I got the computer and then after reinstalling the OS things didn't work until I fixed them.  But I didn't spend much time with the pre-installed Ubuntu installation as I like to have full disk encryption on mobile computers and setting everything up just to format it later makes no sense.  :p
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 03:37:40 pm by Zukaro Travon »

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2013, 05:44:49 pm »

np :p
But just so you know, I have had quite a few issues with the computer I have.  However, I think they were all caused by me (as I reinstalled the OS so I could do full disk encryption) but I'm not sure.  For example, the wifi didn't work at all and that was really the only issue I remember having.  :P  But I did fix it (I had some help on the System76 forums however; as that's how they do support, you post on their forums and they get back to you on the forums (their forums are on the Ubuntu forums)).  Also, the Ethernet worked just fine, so I was still able to get online on the computer to install anything I needed to fix it and such (in the end it was just a matter of changing a setting using the terminal).

So if the wifi doesn't work for you let me know and I'll see if I can dig up the solution to that issue.

But anyways; once everything’s working it's a great computer (imo anyways).  And again, I'm not sure if the issues were caused by me or not, as I remember everything working fine when I got the computer and then after reinstalling the OS things didn't work until I fixed them.  But I didn't spend much time with the pre-installed Ubuntu installation as I like to have full disk encryption on mobile computers and setting everything up just to format it later makes no sense.  :p

Thank you for going to so much trouble, and offering further help. :)  Fact is, I never use WiFi except for sitting in the sofa when family is watching telly and I'm bored and doodling around on the www with my wife's lovely ultra lightweight Samsung. I'd much rather prefer high speed internet by jacking in my gold plated ethernet cable.. great joy there cos my office (if you look at my topic in spam/testing you'll see a pic of my office at home), is a dream to work in as its internet is as smooth as a snooker ball.

Once the laptop arrives I'll join their System76 forum and enjoy my time there, for learning something new is always great fun. I don't think any computer is perfect, though. I mean, I have a an ancient mum-built homebrew XP desktop which works mostly offline now as a handy word processor for the stuff it already has on it. That was built like a tank using an old metal Thermaltake tower and early plug-in components that barely took a day to build. And once the OS was set up, off it went like a rocket! Best computer mum ever used.  :)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 05:46:25 pm by Alexxa »