Author Topic: Help I am at risk of failing my ap English and put in honors!  (Read 938 times)

Offline Dr.jimmy Jenkins

• Face meet keyboard, keyboard meet face
  • Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • My name is Timothy some call me Tim
  • Fursona Species: Sableye (pokemon)
Help I am at risk of failing my ap English and put in honors!
« on: November 14, 2013, 06:11:32 pm »
Ok here is the problem where where given a prompt by another student, I was give the prompt
"How did the FURRY fandom ruin the internet." I can't say no or refuse, mrs.crooks is getting ready to drop me! What do i do?

(The person who wrote this is a мудак,I can't go off topic and, if I get dropped the honors teacher is even worse) :sad-fox:

When someone hands you there baby say "no thanks I am a vegetarian"

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Re: Help I am at risk of failing my ap English and put in honors!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 06:29:16 pm »
Do you have any more details about your assignment? Like rules or restrictions?

It sounds like you could give the statement a twist of satire.

Offline Dr.jimmy Jenkins

• Red Level
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 06:45:02 pm »
Do you have any more details about your assignment? Like rules or restrictions?

10 paragraphs
On top no varying away from it
Must have properly used punctuation
6 complete sentences  in a paragraph
Must use at least 10 cited sources
No OPNIONs
Due in three days

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 579
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 07:37:07 pm »
If you're really at a risk of failing, why not just write it? I don't know how your class works, but chances are nobody will read it except your teacher...other students maybe (if that's what you guys do), but certainly no furries to get mad at it.

The "no opinion" part is throwing me off, though. That prompt is not a FACT and thus everything is opinion-based o_0 I guess you just have to avoid using phrases such as "I think" and "I believe".

I would write about how furries have "taken over the internet." You don't have to write it completely negatively, as whether something dominating the internet is a bad thing or not is purely opinion-based ;) You can talk about how there's anthro versions of everything even if its not fitting, and not everyone wants to see that. You could also go so far as to say they've taken over Facebook with those "fake" profiles.

Good luck <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:44:31 pm »
Please use an excessive amount of satire. All I ever write is satire and teachers hate me for it but they have to give me the grade for being creative and actually having good points.

Honestly, the furry fandom did not, and is not ruining the internet. Hell, the furry fandom is such a small subcategory that most people do not even know what it is about.
What's ruining the internet is cat videos and 140 character limits. It gives people a less attention span.

Find things about charities that furries do and how helpful they are. Or that depressed kids are able to escape their dreadful lives and create a new version of themselves with whatever traits they wish they had.

God, your essay topic is terrible and way too specific. I don't even want to know how it got brought up.

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 07:52:13 pm »
The "How did the FURRY fandom ruin the internet" question is an opinion in itself. You can't legitimately answer the question without using blogs and nonacademic sources. Which are people's opinions and not facts. Which cannot be counted as credible sources. Your prompt doesn't allow opinions but you're getting the information from opinions. You can't make facts and statements using biased opinions... I'm stuck on this question. :???:

I would try to twist the question and make it ironic. For example, say how the Furry Fandom has a diverse range of members from all religions and races. Then you could ask the reader, "Did that ruin the internet"? If you don't understand, I'm trying to show how the Furry Fandom didn't ruin the internet. I'm using the question as an attention grabber. You may get flak for being off topic but that is how I would approach it. Also, finding credible sources is extremely hard with these types of topics.

Try to talk with your teacher about the question. Hopefully, she'll understand how this isn't a fact but a biased opinion.

Offline Dr.jimmy Jenkins

• Red Level
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 08:01:13 pm »
It's a opinion true that's why I can't do it
Let me explain every week mrs.crooks lets someone choose the prompt for each person, this week it was chucho so he gave the most offensive prompts to everyone, and when I talked to mrs.crooks she said, "this should be easy for you your part of it so deal with it." No one will help me besides you guys.
Also I won't say the full prompt and,I have to read it I front of the class.

Offline Dr.jimmy Jenkins

• Red Level
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2013, 08:22:43 pm »
Also I am not going to "fail" I am going to be dropped, I have a A at  98% I don't care if I lose 5%.
But she does not want me in her class. Getting dropped from a ap class looks bad when you want to go to a university. 

Got a email this morning telling me to go to mr.mcloys class room 165 so I was dropped. :sad-fox:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 09:55:52 am by Panda »

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2013, 10:27:43 pm »
If failing one assignment only drops your grade by such a small amount (and you're still passing by a bit), your teacher has no reason to drop you. If I were in your situation I would have made a complaint to someone higher up right away. If your school's staff are even slightly reasonable they'll do something about it.

That assignment seems ridiculous though. My AP English teacher would never have us give prompts to each other. And 10 paragraphs of that?
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 07:12:21 am »
Ok here is the problem where where given a prompt by another student, I was give the prompt
"How did the FURRY fandom ruin the internet." I can't say no or refuse, mrs.crooks is getting ready to drop me! What do i do?

(The person who wrote this is a мудак,I can't go off topic and, if I get dropped the honors teacher is even worse) :sad-fox:

Hang on a moment - am I reading this right, but was the subject "How did the FURRY fandom ruin the internet." given you by your honours teacher, or, by a snidy student?

If you given it by said student, then ignore it because its bollocks. Instead, ask your honours teacher for a decent subject of her choice, seeing the student acted inappropriately and was being unkind. You are not obliged to follow your student peers' recommendations, and I would certainly tell him where to get off.

You are not going to fail.

Offline Spoopy ★ Panda

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 579
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2013, 09:59:36 am »
Sorry you got dropped like that =/ That's really unfair

The good news is, though, it shouldn't affecting your college plans too much. Your transcript generally shows all the classes you've taken, so it'll show that you at least attempted AP, which is still impressive. Plus, you're still in honors, which looks great when you're applying to colleges c: I wouldn't worry too much, it seems like you still have a big future ahead of you, regardless of annoying English teacher.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - androsexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist