Author Topic: Recent Downtime  (Read 472 times)

Offline Meadow Whisper (Natasha)

• ᎣᏏᏲ! I'm a horse now! ^.^
  • FT Founder
  • Candies: 397
    • DeviantArt - lupiniastudios
    • FurAffinity - softpaw
    • Twitter - lupinia
    • Weasyl - softpaw
    • Lupinia Studios
  • Fursona Species: Chincoteague Pony
Recent Downtime
« on: November 17, 2013, 11:11:31 am »
Lately, I've gotten a lot of frantic emails, Twitter mentions, and smoke signals about the site being inaccessible.  This always clears up within a minute or two, and everything's working fine by the time I look at it (no matter how fast I check it out), but a lot of people have been freaked out by it.  Unfortunately, because the site is no longer hosted on my personal server, there's really nothing I can do in cases like this.

While adding more money to our hosting account, I discovered that our hosting provider made some interesting technical changes, including pushing out a newer version of PHP, Apache, and the server OS to sites that chose to receive them, which would supposedly make things more stable.  I opted to upgrade Furry Teens, which caused some downtime this morning while I fixed everything that broke in the upgrade, but in theory, it should make the site more stable, with less downtime.

So, hopefully that will take care of it, but if you encounter any technical glitches along the way, please let me know!

Unfortunately, this didn't make the site any faster, because the speed bottleneck is the database server, and it won't really improve unless the new platform we've been talking about is hosted somewhere with a faster database server engine.  But, it should at least be more stable.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
Here is a horse I have made for you:
        |,\_/,\_
 ,-__/,   ,       )kk
.                     \,kkk
 \    ,___....--     \kkkk
           \               \kkkkk
             \               \kkkkk

Note:  I'm no longer actively involved in running this site, so while I welcome any personal messages, please do not contact me about account issues.  Please direct all such inquiries to Panda.  Thanks for all the years of awesome memories and friendship!  <3