Author Topic: A Crisis Forum  (Read 638 times)

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
A Crisis Forum
« on: November 28, 2013, 06:52:50 am »
I would like us to have a sub-forum in Teen Health where members who are in crisis can go to be helped by someone. Although Panda has pinned the excellent "An Instant Message Crisis Hotline", having such a private forum here would encourage members to talk to someone on the forum they are more likely to be acquainted with, rather than talk to someone they don't on that crisis hotline. This sub-forum should be made to look 'invisible' to others so that one-to-one confidentiality can be retained.

On FT I am known to be someone who helps others. To put money where mouth is, if this suggestion is approved, I wish to be considered as a helper to others within this sub-forum. Tomorrow I am going away on vacation until 9 December, but afterwards will be back. 

~Alex
« Last Edit: November 28, 2013, 06:54:25 am by Alexxa »

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 595
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
Re: A Crisis Forum
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 04:21:52 pm »
You mean a forum that's only visible to people who need to post a crisis (requesting access or something), and designated "helpers", as you said? Correct me if I'm thinking of it wrong.

As much as I love the idea of being able to help people one-on-one, I'm afraid it'd be a little redundant here. We already have the Teen Health/Anger Management for personal problems, with both only viewable to members. I'm just not sure why we'd need another level between that and PMs/off-site contact.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
Re: A Crisis Forum
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2013, 07:16:26 pm »
You mean a forum that's only visible to people who need to post a crisis (requesting access or something), and designated "helpers", as you said? Correct me if I'm thinking of it wrong.

As much as I love the idea of being able to help people one-on-one, I'm afraid it'd be a little redundant here. We already have the Teen Health/Anger Management for personal problems, with both only viewable to members. I'm just not sure why we'd need another level between that and PMs/off-site contact.

Your first line is correct. And the rest I accept. T'was only a thought, so thanks.  :)