Author Topic: Pokemon Origins  (Read 411 times)

Offline Snowfox

• Snow ❄
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 10
    • Twitter - blinkpony
  • Fursona Species: Snowfox
Pokemon Origins
« on: December 15, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »
Just wondering if anyone saw the Pokemon origins 4 part special a little while ago ?

In my opinion they were good, if only for nostalgia's sake. I thought that what they did with their 4 episodes was very good but due to the four episodes it was very limited. It would have been excellent to make a full season or at least up to 10 episodes with one for each gym. As from someone who played the gen 1 games some of the best parts were glossed over due to the short time limit. Things such as meeting Bill and the S.S Anne were covered in the intro to an episode. The storyline began to feel rushed, but because of how much I loved the original games it made me slightly biased and I didn't care.

Plus the fact they kept the original music and save sequences from the game was fantastic!

I'd recommend to anyone who played any iterations of the the Gen one games, but for anyone else its probably one to miss.
...Snow    

Feel free to message me :)

"Not all those who wander are lost"

Offline Fables

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Happiest holidays to each and everyone~!
    • DeviantArt - littlestwings
  • Fursona Species: European Lynx
Re: Pokemon Origins
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2013, 03:29:18 pm »
I really enjoyed it too! Like you said, it really would've been awesome if they expanded it just a little more but regardless I think they did an excellent job with it. I loved how they kept it a lot of ways like the in-game format, even his interactions with his pokemon felt a little more limited like they do in-game. It had an entirely different feel then the usual pokemon shows which was really excellent and gosh, those battles!

Offline RowdyRenne

• Not-So Heavy Renne
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • "It's technically pronounced 'yee-ro'."
  • Fursona Species: Reindeer, Otter, or Lion
Re: Pokemon Origins
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2014, 10:46:55 pm »
Pokémon: Origins was great. I loved the animation style a lot, it reminded me of Studio Ghibli. I would love more than anything to see either a full series, or more origins expanding into Gold/Silver, Ruby/Sapphire, Diamond/Pearl, Black/White, or X/Y's story.
Broz before doez, man.