Author Topic: What was the worst Internet forum you've been on?  (Read 3921 times)

Offline SherWolf

• Asexual rainbow loving shapeshifting demon astronaut
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Fursona Species: Werewolf
What was the worst Internet forum you've been on?
« on: December 19, 2013, 01:13:33 pm »
I been on some myself. Let me list some of them:

Roblox's Off Topic forum: The people are mostly rude and cynical, and a lot of trolls tend to hang out here. There are as much bronies as much there are anti-bronies. A lot of the bronies tend to have the stereotypes associated with them. Many of the people are anti-furries, and there isn't as much furries on there. It's hard to find a decent person to talk to there

FurAffinity fourms: I really don't have a FA account, and I don't plan on getting one. Well, a LOT of people were just rude and cynical, like the people I described above. And it has the worst moderating system. Even the mods tend to be rude like the rest of the community. The people tend to be more angrier then the people I described above, and I find it more worse.

Slender Nation: To be honest, I never really posted here. And I really think it's just almost as bad as 4chan. And I think the people are even more ruder and nastier then the people on FA's forums. And the mods are just the nastiest of them all. And the mods even act ban-happy. Most of the people act like they want to punch your face in. One thing is that it's a forum dedicated to the slender mythos, but one thing I wonder about it is why the people have to be all nasty and vile.

Get me wrong all you want, but this is just from my experience. I don't post on a bunch of different forums, so I don't know what's what. I think FT is the best forum I've been to, 'cause the people are nice, and they don't make you feel excluded. Nobody on FT looks down on you, nobody wants to give you a black eye, and it's not all clique-y. Like I said, it's all from my experience.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
Re: What was the worst Internet forum you've been on?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2013, 01:28:03 pm »
Sometime ago I was a moderator for T**n H*t, only under a different username. For a while the forum chugged along quite well with cheeky regs mildly trolling, and members also regs were really very nice indeed. Until the board owner allowed a dreadful troll who insulted people and caused many to leave. Five times I tried to ban the troll and five times I was overidden by the board owner. I and a couple of other mods resigned. but that troll remained, which curiously encouraged more people to join 'TH', which vastly increased the board owner's advertising revenue. This, we realised, was why said troll was kept. In the end the person was permabanned, but by then many of the regs had upped and left.

T**n H*t can be found on Encyclopedia Dramatica. Be careful what you read, some of it is highly distressing.

I have my own forums now, long established with great forum stats. So far we've had 3,000 topics. The forums are also run by my mum and sisters, are by comparison, happy places and they are private, though not relating to the furry fandom. Our members are lovely, simply great and we love them all to bits. I'm all for the quieter life.

Offline ★Panda★

• Not a duck!
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 593
  • :*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2013, 02:07:44 pm »
Glad you feel that way about FT c:

I don't go on forums too frequently, so I don't really have any horror stories. Well, except this one...
It was (IS, I should say, its still around) a forum meant for trading kandi and discussing rave things. I loved it, had fun trading and made some friends. But I joined around the same time I became a furry; I didn't really know how much the internet hated furries, so when I posted a pic of my fursona as my avatar pic, all hell broke loose.

I was getting hate messages left and right and, being 14 and naive, I fought back instead of ignoring it. A thread made specifically to hate on me and dox me the best they could (I didn't have much of an internet presence yet, but OP was able to find personal photos & my name so the insults got personal) went on for paaages, mainly because I wouldn't just LET IT GO. I never got nasty, just tried to reason with them about why being a furry isn't some kind of crime. Its embarrassing just thinking about it x-x I thought I was some "warrior for furries" or something. Smh.

I don't remember how it ended...I either finally stopped adding fuel, or the userbase moved onto their next subject. I didn't get banned or anything, just quit the forum for a while and came back when it was a much more peaceful place.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline moosemouse

• Brofessional
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 24
    • FurAffinity - moosemouse
  • Fursona Species: Silver fox
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2013, 04:07:38 pm »
I would have to agree with you on the Roblox's Off Topic Forum. The community for Roblox as I played it was slowly dying and the only people I found worth talking two were usually in groups that weren't popular and fore the most part, weren't active. I remember meeting Sleek on there, actually, and that was a cool experience, but I eventually got tired of the game and the hypocritical admins, so I ended up just leaving it alone altogether.

As far as worst forum goes? I would probably say either the one that a youtuber named HouseHoldHacker (who was pretty much one of the original "life hacks" people) set up a forum for cheating on tests in school and stuff. The forum was kind of fun in some areas, but it was really interesting to see what kind of attitude everyone had there, which was just that everyone hated school and that nothing about going was worth it and stuff. The guy who set it up didn't moderate it, so I assume he just kind of let it be and stuff.

The second worst forum I can say I've been on would probably be the one that a friend of my friend from church set up. It was a warez (pirated stuff) forum where you would download 34 rar files to watch a movie or you would download 200 to get something like photoshop. It was a really bad copy of another, more popular forum which was originally called "watchingducks" but it changed to "warezhaven."

None of these forums are even up anymore, which is probably a good thing.
[placeholder]

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 08:21:38 pm »
Well... There's this site called furry teens... nah I'm just kidding

I've only been on about two forums so id have to say the league of legends forums. But it's not bad... Just just really messy

But seriously I probably haven't seen any of the bad forums ever. I mean this forum is probably the best one out there.
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline The Woolly One

• Horns up here.
  • Sitewide Moderator
  • Cookies: 304
  • Hoofies down here.
    • FurAffinity - TinyBabyHooves
    • Twitter - @SheepScientist
  • Fursona Species: Sheep (Finn Dorset)
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 10:15:47 pm »
Bungie.net's off-topic forum. Don't get me wrong, I love the Halo and Bungie communities. But the forum was terrible on so many levels. Stupidity and rudeness seemed to be admired, while politeness and any sense of tact was openly shunned. There was also issues with trolls and cliques. I think community of the forum fancied itself as a miniature /b/ (or even more ridiculously as rival of /b/). I haven't been on it in a couple of years, so I don't know how much its changed now, to be fair. Oh well, at least it helped me find this fandom. =P
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 14
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 10:39:44 am »
oh sweet lord yes.

So far back in January when i look around for forums to lurk since tvtropes fora was getting bland to lurk. i found a site named it just bugs me an offsite reboot of the tvt version but i didn't know that when joining up but while on their all i got was.
-got banned with no warning/reason other than excuses.
-full of hostile anime weebos and more so when i saw them talking about me while i was lurking
-they think I'am some troll faking to be a fur(this counts on both sites).

BTL forums more or less did the same thing but made me relies that whole time i was talking to a butch of idiots that only cared about themselves and saw anyone else as dumb clown no matter what they be.

from a deviantART thread i made.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2013, 10:41:26 am by melstrom »

Offline weblacie

• Purple Level
  • Cookies: 186
« Reply #7 on: December 21, 2013, 02:56:49 am »
Worst forum I've ever been on? A Spyro fan-forum called darkSpyro.

Everyone there is either a troll or a stuck-up asshole. It's really hard to find nice people there... >_>
I've left (again), probably for good but idk. If you wanna talk to me outside the forum, feel free to email me. Just tell me who you are in the email pls

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 08:33:07 am »
Everyone there is either a troll or a stuck-up asshole. It's really hard to find nice people there... >_>
that's how tvtropes and its forum spinoffs felt like everyone is either a SA/4chan newf*g or a bunch off smug cynical losers who seem shut off from rest of internet.

Offline Sharkbait★

• gay purple sparkleshark
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 119
  • bee bop to the top
    • DeviantArt - sharkdivus
    • FurAffinity - Shark-Bait
  • Fursona Species: Bull shark
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2013, 04:44:28 am »
This is really the only forums I've ever actively participated in besides Neopets' forums when I was a kid... ugh, neopets' forums were awful back then, with tons of nasty little brats and TnT (The Neopets Team) banning people left and right for the stupidest things. :T It's quieter nowadays because nobody uses anyone neopets of course. xD

Anywho, I personally find Tumblr to be extremely awful. People there are way too sensitive and are offended by the tiniest little things. :/ For example, just a week ago, a kid made a really stupid racist joke- as offensive as it was, it was just a joke and he obviously didn't mean it- and someone went way too far by posting his address, home phone number, picture of him, and even a picture of his house from google earth. After that, he started receiving death threats via people from Tumblr calling his house and harassing him and his family.
Sadly, that's not the only time I've seen someone's address get posted. Tumblr users, beware.
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: he/him

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2013, 05:31:05 am »
This is really the only forums I've ever actively participated in besides Neopets' forums when I was a kid... ugh, neopets' forums were awful back then, with tons of nasty little brats and TnT (The Neopets Team) banning people left and right for the stupidest things. :T It's quieter nowadays because nobody uses anyone neopets of course. xD

Anywho, I personally find Tumblr to be extremely awful. People there are way too sensitive and are offended by the tiniest little things. :/ For example, just a week ago, a kid made a really stupid racist joke- as offensive as it was, it was just a joke and he obviously didn't mean it- and someone went way too far by posting his address, home phone number, picture of him, and even a picture of his house from google earth. After that, he started receiving death threats via people from Tumblr calling his house and harassing him and his family.
Sadly, that's not the only time I've seen someone's address get posted. Tumblr users, beware.
thats got to the most retarded thing to do ever. what was the point? and this is a another reason why political correctness needs to die in a bonfire.

Offline Trystero

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 38
    • FurAffinity - trystero
  • Fursona Species: Dog (Belgian Shepherd)
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2013, 04:27:38 pm »
FT is the only form I've used for an extended period of time, so it'd probably been the best and worst I've been a part of. I've met a lot of nice people, but other times it feels like I'm still alone on here. That's more of a problem with me, but I guess I still feel alienated at times.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2013, 04:33:17 pm »
hands down, the worst is Furaffinity Forums.
they're cliquey, they're cruel, they don't want to help anybody, they insult the rest of the fandom and consider themselves to be above everyone else, and if you don't know their special "rules" then they instantly hate you.
there's even a thread for newcomers that lists rules made up by the senior members so that "people don't hate you" (their EXACT words).
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

• split your infinities
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • By irishthorns@FA
    • FurAffinity - aurorapaws
    • Twitter - aurorafatalis
  • Fursona Species: a cleverly arranged amalgamation of carbon compounds
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2013, 04:43:59 pm »
RHQ (Roblox Headquarters, later shut down and reincarnated as Rock Hard Quarry). It started out as nice Roblox fan website created by Roblox administrator Clockwork, and gradually turned into a cesspool of chaos with hostility rivaling that of 4chan. Quite ironically though, RHQ was the website where I discovered the furry fandom. Although it was life-changing, I still can't believe that I kept going there for multiple years.
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - demiromantic

None of this will matter
20 years from now

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2013, 04:11:13 pm »
furry2furry;made a one off thread about ijbm got basically doggie piled by very hostile members but the dumbest comment was from a mod who said "well i've been using forums for 8 years and if they cant grasp it then they are special" and the rest just spammed and shitposted while very poorly hiding the fact they misread my op but when i pointed that out that most of them told me to fuck off and what worse i found a thread just like mine but with out any of the nastiness.

Offline Zukaro Travon

• Prince of Kenthar
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 13
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2013, 09:35:48 pm »
Roblox forums and the Mighty No. 9 forums and the Fur Affinity forums.

Offline char coal .18

• Orange Level
  • Cookies: 15
  • artwork done by saiyu
  • Fursona Species: pitbull
« Reply #16 on: January 02, 2014, 09:59:50 pm »
This weird a and creepy werewolf forum just to keep my friend off my back I have no beef with the ware community I just got creeped out when a grown ass man asked me if I wanna join his pack I said OK he sent me a video of the wolf pack ritule and I'm not gonna get bit by a 25year old and I got ritculed for mentioning the words I'm a furry and I will never go back to that forum again. personley I prefer the furtopia forum its clean no ignorant fucks allowed and no trolls allowed love it
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:08:10 pm by char coal .18 »
Bob Marley says don't  worry be happy if yor having a bad day.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo4OnQpwjkc&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DOo4OnQpwjkc

Don't f*** with the back woods pitbull

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #17 on: January 02, 2014, 10:20:40 pm »
The League of Legends forums are pretty bad. Basically anyone that goes there is extremely toxic or whiny about practically anything. The ones that actually try to help never get noticed.

I've reported multiple bugs on the forums and have never gotten any views or comments on them. And they are legitimate bugs with evidence. And the toxic people just say "get over it".

Offline Jinx

• Insanity is just delightful...
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubt...
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #18 on: January 02, 2014, 11:52:03 pm »
Never liked the starcraft 2 forums, everyone there is quite vicious... Any forum concerning Call of Duty is a no go as well... Cant even use the words "Camp" or "Hardscope" without starting a massive flame war...
Hope is the first step to disappointment...

Offline vanaity

• not a member anymore
  • Orange Level
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2014, 10:00:28 am »
hands down, the worst is Furaffinity Forums.
they're cliquey, they're cruel, they don't want to help anybody, they insult the rest of the fandom and consider themselves to be above everyone else, and if you don't know their special "rules" then they instantly hate you.
there's even a thread for newcomers that lists rules made up by the senior members so that "people don't hate you" (their EXACT words).
its because allot of them are bitter and socially retarded basement dwellers that hate being reminded of how useless they are so attacking happy new members give them a some form of reassurance.