Author Topic: What was the worst Internet forum you've been on?  (Read 3938 times)

Offline Scully

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
Re: What was the worst Internet forum you've been on?
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2014, 07:01:37 am »
Not to mention the mods do even care for the forum and are often the ones hurling the abuse. And that's when not all of the posts are dead.

Offline chaos_1152

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
    • Weasyl - https://www.weasyl.com/~chaos1152
  • Fursona Species: purple wolf
« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2014, 09:24:51 am »
^ thats what it was like for me on furry2furry i made one thread saying i got banned from tvtropes all i got was abuse and stupidity that made most FAF mods look like angels in comparison.

for abusive i say ijbm ones were like that as one mod said they were not anti fur but like three people there called me a furfag and with one former mod telling me stop using furry pics as avatars until someone told her to back off also with member i kept having pm chat with she/he would get touchy about my music,joke or twist the discussion about my ban,thinking i was faking about being a fur and then he had the cheek to say rest have given up on me that i should come clean after that i called him and the rest sadistic assholes that's when he stopped giving me pm's. 

Offline michael the wolf

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 27
  • GAY FURRY FOREVER!
  • Fursona Species: eastern timber wolf
« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2014, 07:27:25 pm »
furaffinity, roblox, facebook, livejournal

Offline chaos_1152

• Red Level
« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2014, 06:00:20 am »
devaint art forums.

Offline chaos_1152

• Red Level
« Reply #44 on: March 12, 2014, 10:50:54 am »
sorry for the doublepost.

-Pennsylvania or Denver furs: accidently deleted my intro op came back to find me banned as spammer but with no warning/info.

-weasyl forums: allot of the former FAF/FA members come off as very hypocritical cynical assholes like saying how crap FAF is but weeks later i find some.
  *attacking each-other with nonexistent problems till thread get locked with one member on a perma-ban.
   *got two threads locked because of intentionally derailing a thread out of boredom.
    *me getting a pm about the autism thing because they act like childish jerks about the subject.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2014, 10:53:18 am by chaos_1152 »

Offline Vincent

• This deer has an insatiable appetite...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 150
  • ... For cookies
    • FurAffinity - Vincent-the-deer
  • Fursona Species: Deer
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2014, 05:00:05 pm »
Oh! I forgot about this one.

Cyclotrons.net

Probably the least maintained forum I've ever been a part of.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Never stop fighting what isn't right, even if you are outnumbered.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 04:22:46 pm »
^ thats what it was like for me on furry2furry i made one thread saying i got banned from tvtropes all i got was abuse and stupidity that made most FAF mods look like angels in cyoomparison.

for abusive i say ijbm ones were like that as one mod said they were not anti fur but like three people there called me a furfag and with one former mod telling me stop using furry pics as avatars until someone told her to back off also with member i kept having pm chat with she/he would get touchy about my music,joke or twist the discussion about my ban,thinking i was faking about being a fur and then he had the cheek to say rest have given up on me that i should come clean after that i called him and the rest sadistic assholes that's when he stopped giving me pm's.
> being openly furry on a non furry website
It's like you want to be attacked.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline chaos_1152

• Red Level
« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2016, 02:04:56 pm »
^ thats what it was like for me on furry2furry i made one thread saying i got banned from tvtropes all i got was abuse and stupidity that made most FAF mods look like angels in cyoomparison.

> being openly furry on a non furry website
It's like you want to be attacked.

Actually you can ignore most of what i said is that the ones that attacked are ones who have no problem looking up people history. like what happend to me on reddit.

Yes i know this is a very old thread.

Offline North Winds

• Pony
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 67
  • function North() {
    • DeviantArt - NorthWindsMLP
    • Twitter - @MLP_NorthWinds
  • Fursona Species: Pony
« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2016, 02:22:27 pm »
Minecraft forums, plus some other ones that I've ran into that aren't even active anymore
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pronouns: He/him/his
You can censor us, but you can't take away our freedoms!

Online Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2016, 02:36:06 pm »
Furaffinity forums. I'm not sure if they got any better after IMVU took over fa, shut down the forums and then reopened them but they were really bad before. They had an entire topic in the new members board that went on for pages of "stuff not to do" with a disclaimer that if you did any of the things the older members had a right to pick on you?? It wasn't even the site rules, just stupid stuff like "don't complain about your problems", "don't talk about your fursona too much" etc. The older members were all generally rude and the staff were generally unhelpful and even joined in on making fun of people who broke the fake rules instead of enforcing the real ones. I definitely don't recommend it
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 09:04:44 am by MysticSolstice »
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Dyno Fluff

• Will you be loving me forever...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 78
  • ... Or will you be loving me just tonight?
« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2016, 03:52:14 pm »
Obviously furry teens  :fox-:P:

But seriously, probably deviantart's complaint forum. You pretty much can't say anything without a bunch of angsty teenagers and immature adults relentlessly attacking you. There's also a bunch of trolls who think they're funny, but they are incredibly stupid. Then there are also the forum regulars who pretty much run the whole thing since the mods don't do anything except for bully forum newcomers. In fact, you get criticised for being a newcomer there. People pretty much say what they want regardless of how offensive it is (think of it like the YouTube comments section), and finally, if you make a post that somebody doesn't like, they do something called art whoring which is when they post a bunch of their art to fill up the comments instead of having intelligent discussion. It's a really immature, toxic place.
♪ How do I say goodbye to what we had? The good times that made us laugh, outweigh the bad. I thought we'd get to see forever, but forever's gone away. It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday♪
The Chaotix animated by AndrewHDz

Offline chaos_1152

• Red Level
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2016, 04:51:05 am »
^ The last time i used that sites forum's i had one user saying I'm basement dweller for calling him out on why he posted if he didn't care.

But for now I'd say Reddit takes the cake for power tripping idiotic mod's & hostile communities that thing's way to seriously. I don't even actively post there anymore after having someone go through my comment history just use me being furry as proof I'm a troll because i asked a question on the buildapc sub.

Yet they wonder why they get laughed at on other forum's.

Furaffinity forums. I'm not sure if they got any better after IMBD took over fa, shut down the forums and then reopened them but they were really bad before. They had an entire topic in the new members board that went on for pages of "stuff not to do" with a disclaimer that if you did any of the things the older members had a right to pick on you?? It wasn't even the site rules, just stupid stuff like "don't complain about your problems", "don't talk about your fursona too much" etc. The older members were all generally rude and the staff were generally unhelpful and even joined in on making fun of people who broke the fake rules instead of enforcing the real ones. I definitely don't recommend it

The funny about that thread is they regularly do the same crap they cry about in that thread there incredibly stupid & hypocritical. When i made a avant-garde  music thread there one user had no problem of telling he didn't like noise music while trying shift focus in a very rude way. FAF 1.0 & FAF 2.0 are just a dumping ground for reject's who can't post on other furry site's without getting banned constantly.

Also if furry slang, topic & likes bother them so much why are they even there?. That like me going to a metal forum bitching & moaning why everyone is talking about metal. But then again these are same people that who also post on off site version of FAF who wanted a sub forum to moan how much they hate furries.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 05:13:44 am by chaos_1152 »

Offline TheConfused

• Big Ol' Moosey
  • Red Level
  • Cookies: 6
  • Antlers, Glasses, Hooves and Scruff
  • Fursona Species: Moose
« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2016, 01:23:21 pm »
FurAffinity Forums. The people there seemed kinda hostile. I made an account there one day, and decided never to use it again the next.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His is fine.
...Give me a pen
Call me
Mr. Benzedrine
But don't let the doctor in
I wanna blow off steam...

Offline Undertaker

• "Do you want to see how it feels to sleep in my custom-made coffins?"
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 87
  • "How sad it would be, should laughter disappear."
    • DeviantArt - BluefoxLongtail
    • FurAffinity - sprite-limehead
  • Fursona Species: Retired Shinigami
« Reply #53 on: June 14, 2017, 11:05:57 am »
SUSEStudio Forums - In the first place it was a nice forum to get answers about SUSEStudio, but it went downhill. It got to the point where the admins just basically pulled out. It has so much spam. Questions asked nearly never get answered. It's useless now.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - omnisexual

GIFs are the property of their respective owners.

ThisCrush | SoundCloud | AMA/Q&A | Have something to ask me? (Off-site) | ♥ The wonderful young lady, that I love. (click) ♥
ENTJ | Field Marshall | Pagan

Offline Tabbystar

• Meow Wow!
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 71
  • Kitty!
    • DeviantArt - KipekeeReddington
    • FurAffinity - AllAmericanFlyingFoxdog
  • Fursona Species: Classic Tabby Cat
« Reply #54 on: June 14, 2017, 01:22:10 pm »
I haven't come across a lot of truly bad Internet forums in my lifetime. Most of the "bad" forums I've been on were only "bad" because they were really inactive and slow, if not dead.

But..there's been a couple..

FurAffinity Forums- you'd expect the forum counterpart to the most popular furry website would have a lot more people, but nope. It's pretty inactive. It's not dead, but there certainly isn't as many people posting there than there are on here. There's not a lot of younger members on that forum, which makes it harder to find people to relate to. There's some nice people as of 2017, but, there's a lot more people who are immature and rude. There seems to be a lot of creeps on there. I know it's a site that isn't geared towards either age demographic, so I know there NSFW related stuff shouldn't be a shock, but there seems to be a certain group of people who are waaay too open about those kinda things on there. I went to go look for any open RPs, and people were mainly just looking for NSFW. Which isn't a problem, it's their business, not mine, but I tried starting a SFW RP myself and the first person who offered tried to turn my RP into a fetish RP. I seen this happen to others who tried starting SFW roleplays too. It's unbelievable. (Some people need to learn how to read.)  also, there's a sub-thread for art art advice, and the criticism there is way too harsh. They'll give a good review on the drawings, pointing out things that may or may not be true, but then they'll add a lot of rude and unnecessary comments that could be potentially hurtful. I once asked for a critique myself, and while I got mostly neutral comments, there was this one certain comment that was pretty hurtful, even though he clearly had good intentions, as he was very kind in his introduction, but it quickly changed. Not only that, there's this huge toxic general opinion that there's only a certain way to draw furries. There's a lot of hate on digitigrade characters and cartoony styles, and it's seen as "undesirable" by the people there. It doesn't matter whether it's actually good or not, if you draw that way or defend it, you'll automatically be jumped on. It made me feel really insecure about my art for a long time.
Also, the people there are really rude and cynical in general, and the mods are terrible at their jobs. The terms are often broken (especially the "keep it PG-13" part) and the mods don't seem to do anything. There was even someone openly expressing their disgust about LGBT people once. About one person called him out, he claimed "oh, I'm not homophobic UwU" (bullshit) and no one else reported him or dealt with him. In general, too much arguing. Not enough interesting topics. And a lot of people (especially younger folks) get ignored. Need I mention that ridiculous list of "rules" as well? Rules, yeah right, these are the kind of rules I see on online chats and RPs run by children, not on forums run by adults.
Pretty below average forum.

The DrawCast community- not a forum, it's an art app, but Id thought I'd give a mention anyway. It's really dead now, but there used to be a lot of drama about stealing art/characters, people bullying others, people blackmailing/lying about others, lots of conceited "popular" artists, online relationship drama (yep, that was a thing) and people threatening to hurt themselves or telling others to hurt themselves. It was a great community in general, but it had it's dark side as I just mentioned.

But with that said, FT is so much better! The mods and admins are really good at their jobs, everyone is very kind and welcoming, there's so much more interesting topics to talk about- it's great! I'm so glad I came here because it's so much better than FA.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/her
Fursonas: Kipekee Reddington, Tabbystar, & Dani Tracy

Art Dump |Toyhouse (WIP) |ThisCrush |
Sarahah |
Tumblr

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #55 on: June 14, 2017, 01:34:11 pm »
FurAffinity's forums, must I say more?
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~

Offline LoyalPyra

• Les Claypool's #1 Fan
  • Cookies: 136
    • DeviantArt - timeitcorrectly
    • FurAffinity - timeitcorrectly
    • Twitter - @TimeItCorrectly
  • Fursona Species: Protogen
« Reply #56 on: June 14, 2017, 02:00:30 pm »
Linus Tech Tips Forums..
It's great, I met a lot of my friends from there, there is also a quite a big furry and LGBT community on there, just there has been quite a few people who have pretended to be lgbt or furry to become my "Friend" and turn out to DDOS me, though, it's not nearly as bad as  some other fforums on the internet. (I even made a friend on there that gave me some computer parts c: )
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - armenia
  • Site Donor
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist
:pyra:

Offline Sir Meta Knight

• Space Blueberry
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Itsudemu guusukapii, Hoshi no Kaabii~
    • DeviantArt - FoxiRavenheart
    • Quotev
  • Fursona Species: Star Warrior
« Reply #57 on: June 14, 2017, 02:27:57 pm »
RP-Forums. The developers/administrators are inactive AF, the users are 95% trolls and anti-furries, the site runs horribly because the staff doesn't give a damn, and half the mods are power-abusing bitches. I had a friend become a mod only to get demoted two months later by one of the developers because he suggested that the devs/admins be more attentive on the forum, because apparently THAT'S how important the site is to them. Did I mention that it's infested with trolls? It's the first site I ever joined, and it was a lot different back in 2015, let me tell you. All my old friends are gone and the forum has gone way downhill now. I'm hardly active there anymore, the only reason I'm still there at all is because I have a roleplay with one of my really close friends and that site is the only way I have to talk to him, because he utterly refuses to join any other site I'm on that I suggest to him. And yes, he's a furry, he's actually the one who first got me into the fandom. But he's pretty much the only one out of my 6 old friends that I have left. The rest have all left the site, and I'm not too far behind them.

Chickensmoothie has a lot of rude members and really, really oppressive rules, but it isn't too bad. There's just a whole ton of really rude and even outright heartless members on there. I've had to deal with it myself, and now one of my friends has apparently been completely crushed by another member of the site. I met my other two closest friends there, and I also stay there for the pets (let's face it, that bit is really fun), but I hate having to see so many immature, rude people there.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 02:31:04 pm by Onyx Darkheart »
  • Flag - england
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pride Flag - demigirl
  • Pronouns: He/him/his (For myself OOC - She/her/hers)