Author Topic: Need Ideas for a Home Made Christmas  (Read 620 times)

Offline Zurnoa

• Cookies: 1
  • Fursona Species: Caribou
Need Ideas for a Home Made Christmas
« on: December 20, 2013, 07:20:42 am »
As you may know it, Christmas is basically around the corner and... Some people's list are just too darn off the chart (I.E: the brand spanking new iPhone thing or such). And like many people out there, no one got the time and/or money for that! But back to the topic... I'm in a slight rush of making people in the household happy for Christmas this year. And my mum implied the rule, "Home Made", big time this year. But here the problem, my brain is slightly dead and I'm running out for ideas.
~~~~~~~~~
So far, I'm making these really cute bottle charms and glowing Perk-A-Cola Sodas. But that only shoot two people off my list of...Eight people. I may do a lot of bottle charms but there kids here that are under the five, so it may not properly work .
~~~~~~~~~
Question: If you would to make a home made thing for someone for Christmas, what would it be?

Offline Damon the husky

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 3
    • FurAffinity - Damon the husky
  • Fursona Species: husky
Re: Need Ideas for a Home Made Christmas
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2013, 07:46:32 am »
you could make carvings and turn some chip bags inside out so it looks like silver gift wrap. you could also make an ash tray if you know anyone that smokes, a pencil holder using a soda can and a can opener( make sure the blade is inside the can so it leaves the metal lip, that way it won't cut you're hands). you could also make giftcards? Hope i helped  :fox-:):

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2013, 09:57:10 am »
Make a whole bunch of Christmas cookies! Shouldn't be that expensive. Just need to find some cookie cutters.

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 215
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2013, 10:37:30 am »
How about making cookies or, easy to make delicious chocolate fridge cake? Pop them into a tissue-lined box. Say, a disused chocolate box, but cover it in colour design paper? Go to my cookie thread in spam/testing http://www.furryteens.org/forum/index.php?topic=16269.0  for inspiration. Beware the scrummy chocolate fridge cake - its very moreish  :pig: You might get eating what you made before you pack and give it.  :lol:

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2013, 10:58:41 am »
i used to make all kinds of figurines from soda cans. little warriors, jet engines i still gotta hook up with fuel, pinwheels, all kinds of stuff.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns

Offline ★ Panda ★

• ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 637
  • ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*
    • DeviantArt - cocoapanda
    • FurAffinity - cocoapanda
  • Fursona Species: Platypus
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2013, 11:35:32 am »
How about some ornaments? Always festive. Most stores have the 6-packs of clear glass bulbs on clearance right now, perfect for customizing :D
My favorite this year is Pledge Glitter Ornaments. Really easy, cheap, and the results are amazing x) You could also paint them--acrylic paint works just fine c:

Or how about a homemade Christmas card, art talent not required? I've been big into collage this year as well, so I've made some cute cards using just festive magazine cut-outs x) Like this!
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pronouns: They/them
  • Award - Graphic Artist

Offline dracodex

• Hyper imploding ball of fluff
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 23
    • DeviantArt - ravenhaker
    • Twitter - @DexterDacian
  • Fursona Species: Draco
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2013, 01:49:37 pm »
The most magical and wonderful and mystical place to find diy projects (read homemade gifts) is a site called instructables.com. They have tutorials that show you how to make practically everything fore beginner stuff to incredibly complex stuff. This time of year they have a Christmas category filled with all kinds of good stuff.
Oooh I can put text in here :o *カタカタカタカタ*
Pixel art by Crevontz

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 215
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2013, 02:43:18 pm »
I second that.  :)   instructables.com  Excellent!

Offline Fables

• Red Level
  • Cookies: 2
  • Happiest holidays to each and everyone~!
    • DeviantArt - littlestwings
  • Fursona Species: European Lynx
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2013, 02:01:41 am »
I just finished making my little bird ornaments for this year - if you have a needle and thread handy! (And some fabric glue always helps, hehe!) I use primarily felt with my stuff because its super cheap~! I used to just cut out a bird shape - like a cookie-cutter bird shape - and sew the two pieces together with a little stuff between and then decorate it however I liked. A little glitter, some ribbon, go nuts! :3

Offline Cye

• Things get better.
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 76
  • oh come on now, we dont bite... that hard
  • Fursona Species: dog thing
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2013, 11:08:55 am »
X-zacto knifes are amazingly sharp! and the best for projects in my opionion.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Add me on skype! kyle.muns