Author Topic: Driving Test!  (Read 511 times)

Offline KavirajWolfen

• Cookies: 1
  • Fursona Species: White Arctic Fox
Driving Test!
« on: December 21, 2013, 10:11:15 pm »
Ello, my mother wants me to drive. She said oh its so hard. I study and my friends say its easy. Im stuck with worryness any tips
NuclearWolfEntrainment~  Rank Basic English learner

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
Re: Driving Test!
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:27:11 pm »
Written test?

It's really easy. A lot of it is just common sense. Mostly just knowing when to do things, distances you should be from certain objects. (Like fire hydrants, stop signs, other cars).

And you don't need 100%. For me, you needed only 80% to still be good. It was really easy and I still got a 100%

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 213
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2013, 05:29:57 am »
Hiii!

You didn't say if your mum wanted you to get a driving instructor to do some practical on the roads. As my mum demanded this last year, she took me to a driving school which had a special place for learner drivers that was well away from the main roads. (As Jethro said, the written test is fairly easy). Anyway, the driving instructor was a nice guy, patient and extremely good at showing me the basics. I learnt to drive in a small car whose smallness helped.

Our mums have a point. They want us learning to drive because the craft of driving is important. I'm glad I did, it's a real advantage but because I'm 16 and living in the UK, I'm not allowed to drive in the country until I am 17. Meh. But when we get to France (via Eurotunnel) she or another adult accompanies me. She knows the French driving laws and filled in all the forms... I love driving. I was properly trained. You will have nothing to worry about, except a little natural nervousness which is to be expected.

You won't regret learning to drive.  :)

Offline Prosperouswolf

• Cookies: 0
  • Junior Firefighter
    • FurAffinity - Prosperous
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 02:43:56 pm »
I got my driving licence less than a year ago. The written test is very simple it is usually made up of common sense like what is this?  It would be a speed limit sign. That's the answer pretty easy where I am. The driving part is easy you just need to stay calm and be sure to practice parellell parking. You should do great!
You will live long and prosper said Prosperous Wolfy

Offline furrylifeguard

• *blows whistle* Walk, dang it!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 64
  • I live at the bottom of the pool I guard.
    • DeviantArt - thefurrylifeguard
    • FurAffinity - thefurrylifeguard
    • Twitter - furrylifeguard
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 05:26:58 pm »
There's really not that much to stress over. I got mine back in June and it was very simple. The written is, as stated above, mostly common sense, but you should probably know what the different signs mean. That was what got the most people in my group. The driving part is not that hard either, you just need to keep calm and make sure you don't break any major laws. Just make sure you don't make your right (or left if you're in England) turns too wide or you'll get docked points.
"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." "To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Feel free to talk to me! I don't bite, although I probably smell like chlorine.