Author Topic: Uk Motorcycle laws..  (Read 753 times)

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
  • Candies: 12
  • Fursona Species: White Tiger
Uk Motorcycle laws..
« on: December 23, 2013, 04:23:11 am »
I don't know if anyone knows anything about this but its worth a shot, so basically, in the uk you can get an A2 licence which permits you to ride up to 600cc without exceeding 35kw motorcycle when you're 19. However in poland, where i'm from, but still in the EU, has curiously different laws meaning i can take it at the age of 18. My question: can i use that A2 licence in the uk when i'm 18 and get my self my beloved suzuki gsx600f  :fox-;):?
"You are waiting for someone, someone from a half-remembered dream. Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone."

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
Re: Uk Motorcycle laws..
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 04:41:44 am »
Hahahaa. NO.  :lol:

https://www.gov.uk/rules-motorcyclists-83-to-88/motorcycle-licence-requirements

Edited to add,

Also, http://www.bikelicence.co.uk/

Note: NOTE- If the motorcycle has been restricted, the normal unrestricted power output must not exceed 70kW (approx 93bhp).

Added note,

When in doubt, as a traffic policeman.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:50:17 am by Alexxa »

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2013, 05:08:30 am »
well i think the model i wanted to buy was exactly 70kw, i might just do it anyway and if they stop me pretend i'm a confused polish guy ;p
"You are waiting for someone, someone from a half-remembered dream. Don't you want to take a leap of faith? Or become an old man, filled with regret, waiting to die alone."

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2013, 05:30:27 am »
well i think the model i wanted to buy was exactly 70kw, i might just do it anyway and if they stop me pretend i'm a confused polish guy ;p

Pretending to be a confused Polish biker guy won't work with a UK traffic policeman whose powers of observation are astonishly good, so don't be a dickhead. Make sure you have paid your road fund licence according to the size of your motorbike lest you get done. UK traffic cops are clamping down hard this Christmas season for any reason. Even biker policemen can check your registration plate while riding.

I strongly suggest that you check EU law appertaining to the size of your bike in relation to entering the UK.  First, though, visit your local police station and get advice. It will save you a great deal of grief later.

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2013, 05:45:54 am »
I kno they check the plates, but surely if i don't give them a reason to pull me over then they probably won't, i know the Uk road laws well, i do a 45 min journey through london to get to school on my 125, but i spose i'll call them or if i'm in town later on ask at a station

Offline Cam

• Photographer, car nut, gamer, con goer and professional turn off and on againer
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
    • FurAffinity - animosus5
  • Fursona Species: Snowleopard
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2013, 07:30:42 am »
From what I understand, the restrictions are placed on the licence you hold, they don't apply to the country.

I know here that if I was to drive my Turbocharged car in another state on my new driver drivers licence, I would be allowed to, but my friends from the eastern states can't drive turbocharged cars here, as that is a restriction placed on their new driver licence.
Add me on telegram @Animosus

I'm from Perth, Western Australia but travel interstate frequently

Offline Tigran

• Yellow Level
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2013, 04:09:18 am »
Theoretically i would still hold a valid A2 licence which would permit me to ride that sort of motorcycle, whether its 19 here or not, it's still an A2 licence right?

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2013, 04:07:56 pm »
Theoretically i would still hold a valid A2 licence which would permit me to ride that sort of motorcycle, whether its 19 here or not, it's still an A2 licence right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RY9u0LxIWJk&list=FLn8opUXMY2ewuns2nNZ0oLw
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.