Author Topic: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!  (Read 58630 times)

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 81
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!
« Reply #520 on: August 25, 2015, 12:19:08 am »
Pixels: 9/10
I really don't get the hate for this movie.
  • Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
You ever wonder why we're here?

Offline Kaneo

• Attack For Lacrosse (Profile pic by Shiragi)
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • When Life Gives You Lemons...Make It Awesome
    • Twitter - @Kaneo_Malamute
  • Fursona Species: Alaskan Malamute
« Reply #521 on: August 25, 2015, 09:06:56 pm »
San Andres

7/10 . It was a very predictable movie. Its like any other disaster movie, and was a lot like 2012 to me.
The stereotypical scenario for these movies: Man(main protagonist) is having issues with his family. Wife or ex is dating either a douchebag boyfriend or a good boyfriend. Main protagonist has children which at times are clever but, he still has to save them. Boyfriend always dies. Family gets back together in the end and stares at the sunset(like in 2012 when they were staring at one on the boat). However, I did like the throw of the British guys!

MadMax
7/10 . This movie was way to confusing for me. Theres little to no explanation of things; of Max's backstory. Nothing. The fight scenes were way to fast! The audio was hard to hear(Not sure if it was the theater).
You probably should have watched the first Mad Max movies first.

Offline Kaneo

• Attack For Lacrosse (Profile pic by Shiragi)
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 14
  • When Life Gives You Lemons...Make It Awesome
    • Twitter - @Kaneo_Malamute
  • Fursona Species: Alaskan Malamute
« Reply #522 on: August 25, 2015, 09:09:59 pm »
Monty Pythons Meaning of Life 8/10
Quite funny, the plot is made up of many loosely connected comedy sketches all slowly going to the answer of the meaning of life. The movie is actually amazingly well put together and is clear why the BBC wanted no connection to the movie. 

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 81
« Reply #523 on: August 26, 2015, 12:50:14 am »
MadMax
7/10 . This movie was way to confusing for me. Theres little to no explanation of things; of Max's backstory. Nothing. The fight scenes were way to fast! The audio was hard to hear(Not sure if it was the theater).
That wouldn't help. He has no backstory, just a police officer in the post apocalyptic Australian desert. And there is supposed to be little explanation.
  • Flag - usa
You ever wonder why we're here?

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 111
  • Fursona Species: Fox
« Reply #524 on: August 29, 2015, 09:56:06 pm »
MadMax
That wouldn't help. He has no backstory, just a police officer in the post apocalyptic Australian desert. And there is supposed to be little explanation.

Adding onto this. First of all, the audio was probably hard to hear because of your theater. I almost went deaf listening to it in the theater I was in haha.

Okay I love Mad Max so here I go. I've seen every Mad Max movie to date.

Mad Max Fury Road is more of a reboot than a continuation of the original Mad Max series. You don't have to have seen the first ones in order to watch Fury Road.

While Max's backstory isn't fully explained in Fury Road, some of the flashbacks Max has implies that he's kind of haunted by the people he was unable to save. This world is post apocalyptic, so it's a rough kind of place. Max is a loner too, so that probably doesn't help him.

Max does have a backstory kind of.

In Mad Max (1979), Max Rockatansky is a police officer in an anarchistic version of Australia. His partner dies, and so Max is like "I'm ready to quit being a cop that was the last straw" but the Chief of Police is like "No, just take a break."

So Max takes a break and travels with his family and long story short his wife irritates some bikers who try to assault her and later they run over her and Max's child, which completely devastated Max, and he goes on to get his revenge, fueled by nothing but pure rage.

Now on to The Road Warrior. By this time, the Apocalypse has happened and everyone's fighting for resources, one of the most precious ones being gasoline, as a lot of the gangs and people are reliant on their cars.

All Max wants in this movie is Gasoline. That's it. He ends up getting drawn into this conflict between some settlers and a gang, and ends up helping out the settlers because he's a good guy, and they promised him gas for his car. (I don't want to spoil the movies too much they're so good.)

Now for Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome.

Beginning of this movie, Max gets all his stuff taken and ends up going to Bartertown to get it all back. That's all he wants, is to get his stuff back. He ends up getting drawn into a plot by Aunty Entity, the leader of Bartertown, to get rid of someone who's challenging her, and let's just say it goes wrong for Max, and he ends up in the desert helping out some kids and it ends up well for him.

So now that brings us to Fury Road.

This movie is more of a Mad Max reboot than a continuation of the original trilogy.

In the film, it is established about the Apocalypse, that shows you Max is a survivor. We don't know much about him, other than he's haunted by the people he couldn't save.

Fury Road was the first Mad Max movie I ever saw, so I thought all those people he was seeing were people he knew, but having seen the others, they're just random people, and there's no showing or mentioning of his wife at all, which is also what makes me think this is more of a reboot than a continuation.

I personally don't feel like we need a deep backstory on Max.

In every Mad Max film (besides the first one) I feel like Max is less of the main character, and more of a plot element.

He's never one directly affected. In The Road Warrior, Max isn't a part of the settlement or the gang, he's jsut driving through and gets roped into it.

In Beyond Thunderdome, he goes to get his things back and gets roped into someone else's business.

This is essentially what happens in Fury Road as well. Max is off minding his own business, and ends up getting kidnapped and just by luck ending up with Furiosa. In fact, at one point he was going to leave off on his own once he got what he wanted (his freedom and a vehicle) but because he's a nice guy, went back to help. Max doesn't even meet Immortan Joe, and I don't even think they look at each other the whole movie. He's just a presence in other people's stories, so his backstory isn't as important in my opinion.

That's all I can think of to say for now. Please feel free to add to this or argue with me. I love Mad Max so much.

Edit: Or just come talk to me about Mad Max.
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent
Quote from: Ashyra Nightwing
i have work to do and that is why i'm playing rwl, this is how it always works

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 187
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #525 on: September 01, 2015, 01:56:16 pm »
Hangover Part III - 2/10.

Lazy ass script. The first two were really good.
Icon by Nagi. :rose:

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
« Reply #526 on: September 03, 2015, 11:02:13 pm »
(I might start a fight with a marvel fan out there, but I'm sorry, just hear me out.)

The new Fantastic 4. Was trash. I give it 5/10 for all the special effects and what not, but to be honest it was just bad. I mean, seriously, I've never touched the comics, played a bit of Marvel vs.Capcom, but I still have no idea what Doctor Doom's ability was. And what's with his green cape? Does he just like green capes, where in the alternate universe does he get a green cape? And what's with cliche idiots always saying, 'HEY GUYS LOOK GREEN THING THAT LOOKS RADIOACTIVE WE SHOULD TOTALLY GO TOUCH IT!'. I mean I understand if a person says they don't mind that they have a chance of being blown up so they can travel to another universe. And even then I'm sure the Main character has some degree of trust in his science skills. But must every character in every movie decide, Green stuff =touch? And what's with the thing? I mean, really? He's like a pancake in the movie. I trust you, you betrayed me by leaving the facility even though you said you'll come back and help me, but since you helped me kill the guy that nearly destroyed our world, I trust you. And where's Nick Fury? I know he's not really part of the government, but I would think he should notice that, there's some rock dude wrecking havoc for the military. Or the fact that the Fantastic 4 Exists. Or the fact that their is an explosion in a military site that looks like the aftermath of someone dividing by 0. Did he simply not notice? Did he just not care? (Okay maybe this is a different universe like X-men.)

Edit: Forgot to mention. Only one fight scene. And the fight scene was pretty meh.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:05:31 pm by ExoVenture »
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline Lucius.

• Friend please...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 187
  • Fursona Species: Wolfdog
« Reply #527 on: September 14, 2015, 03:47:29 pm »
Damn good movie.
Icon by Nagi. :rose:

Offline ArtificialSweetener

• "... follow out the happiest story—
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 166
  • It closes with a tomb!”
    • DeviantArt - I-Eat-Elves
    • FurAffinity - ArtificialSweetener
    • Twitter - CarcinogenSugar
  • Fursona Species: Dog Mutt
« Reply #528 on: September 14, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »
People, Places, Things 9.5/10
A very cute movie, and the characters were realistic
though it isn't the most upbeat movie if that's not your style
“Stanzas” by Emily Brontë
My Skype is on my profile with other contact info. Don't hesitate to message me.

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #529 on: September 15, 2015, 01:34:25 am »
Fantastic Mr. Fox,  8.5/10

Quirky movie with some nice humor and a great style. Me likey
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #530 on: September 16, 2015, 06:07:24 pm »
Hotel Transylvania 8/10

It's a really cute and funny Halloween movie. It's got a pretty generic family storyline but is still entertaining. I can't wait to see the second one
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
« Reply #531 on: September 17, 2015, 12:40:02 pm »
The Exorcist

7/10

It was enjoyable, but it wasn't really scary. TBH some parts of it were kind of gross and that was offputting for me. I did love the demon's voice, and they did a good job with makeup and stuff. I didn't like how it ended, but that's okay because otherwise I liked it.

---------------------

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)

7/10

I was super excited to watch this one, but again, it didn't really scare me.

I loved the blood and gore effects in this movie. I mean, they're totally 80's but they're awesome.

I'm a little sad we didn't get a better look at Freddy Krueger's face, but then again that just adds a little mystery to him.

Another film I wasn't satisfied with the end of. I won't spoil it for anyone either.

"The true warrior is good, gentle and honest. His bravery comes from within himself; he learns to conquer his own fears and misdeeds." -- Brian Jacques, Mattimeo

Omg your nipple dogs are amazing! So creative!!! 100% original, I'm jealous of your talent

Offline Tsuna_Yoshi

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 37
    • DeviantArt - SetsunaDamius
  • Fursona Species: Kobold
« Reply #532 on: September 17, 2015, 08:02:52 pm »
Norbit. 8/10.
Never have I laughed so hard since Coming to America. It's stupid. But funny. It's mean though, a couple of my friends are chubby and they're making fun of a really really fat lady. Which is kinda rude in a funny way. Of course storyline is weak, it's not going to be a classic. But if you just want something that'll guarantee a chuckle/laugh/ or tears of laughter. Here you have it, a good comedy movie.
  • Pronouns: him, he, his.
Taking requests, send PM if interested.

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #533 on: September 20, 2015, 03:49:44 pm »
The Imitation Game - 9/10. A great movie about a very real story that happened during WWII. I find the subject of the movie fascinating and very well portrayed. And a soundtrack by Hans Zimmer is always a huge plus.
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Crow done

• We Are Not Things
  • Blue Level
« Reply #534 on: September 28, 2015, 09:47:11 pm »
Hotel Transylvania 2

6/10

It was a cute, funny movie. That being said, it was rather predictable, but then again it was a childrens movie. Also I wasnt having a good day when I saw it so that's probably affecting this.

The animation was pretty good, they had some really good monster designs. There were some bat things that were excellent. I didn't like how the main characters didn't really age? Like it's been 7+ years and you still look the same. Well, the vampire girl I get but the human dude should have aged some.

Offline [FaZe] aguythatexists

• (Also, he has 3 balls)
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 19
  • VIVA LA ROVOLUCION!
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Khajiit hybrid
« Reply #535 on: September 28, 2015, 09:56:37 pm »
mad max:fury road.
10/10: would learn to shred guitar just to do a doof warrior cosplay
  • Pronouns: does it really matter?

questions? comments? concerns? PM me ya lazy furball.

wanna drift?

Offline Molon Labe

• Y'know, I've been wanting to say this a long time now, SCREW YOU IT'S MERRY CHRISTMAS!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 25
    • FurAffinity - texasinfidel
  • Fursona Species: Alligator
« Reply #536 on: September 28, 2015, 10:16:04 pm »
Smokey and The Bandit deserves an 11/10, no contest. If you've never seen Smokey and The Bandit, you need to watch it, this is a staple of every 70s-80s comedy/action film. And its got Burt Reynolds, so you know its gotta be a good movie from the get-go.
  • Pronouns: he/him/his
A SOLDIER'S SPIRIT IS FOREVER IN MY HEART
THE LOVE OF MY COUNTRY WILL NEVER DEPART
SO IF EVER MY COUNTRY SHOULD CALL UPON ME
I WILL GIVE MY LIFE TO KEEP US ALL FREE

Offline AlaskaFolf

• Emoji Liberator
  • Orange Level
  • Cookies: 17
  • FT's Official Gravity Tester
  • Fursona Species: Wolf/Fox Hybrid (Folf)
« Reply #537 on: October 03, 2015, 12:19:46 am »
The Martian
9/10
Despite the fact That I never read the book, I still was able to follow the plot. Had good characters and plot while the science (for the most part) was accurate. It had some good comedic relief too. Oh, and I went with some friends who worked a NASA, so there was a lot of commentary, if you know what I mean.  :fox-:P:
With great power comes great electricity bill.

Offline Skiffy Wolf

• Green Level
  • Cookies: 26
  • No idea what I'm supposed to put here.
    • DeviantArt - Charlie-Fan
« Reply #538 on: October 06, 2015, 03:28:31 am »
Django Unchained 10/10

Being directed by Quentin Tarantino you know that it's going to be over violent but isn't that one of the things that make his movies great? It had a great story and characters. I'd say this'll have to be one of the best movies I've seen.

Enemy Of The State 8/10

Had a great story but I found it hard to enjoy when Netflix decided that it needs to buffer every 5 minutes and I end up going to bed about half an hour after I was planning to.

Offline Applefolf

• We had to steal him from his fate
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 301
  • So he could see another day
    • Twitter - Applefolf
« Reply #539 on: October 06, 2015, 04:13:01 am »
The Martian - 8.5/10

Good film, good laughs, and MATT DAMON. I tried looking up the Martian poster with the Team America Matt Damon's face, I couldn't find it. :(
  • Flag - england
  • Site Donor
~All the hate that you've heard has turned your spirit to a dove~
~ Twitter ~ Steam ~