Author Topic: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!  (Read 59190 times)

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 81
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
Re: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!
« Reply #580 on: January 03, 2016, 10:02:06 pm »
I was wrong.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 10/10

• Flag - usa
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Going back to song of the day.
#1 Amon Amarth - Twilight Of The Thunder God

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #581 on: January 05, 2016, 02:19:36 am »
Pandorum.
Movie was good in it's way, interesting premise, but it was way too busy, and the editing just felt like a supremely jangly mangled mess with too many cut and paste jumps during the intense scenes which completely broke any sort of involvement I might have had because half the time the movie was too dark and cut and pasted to make any sense even with context.
6/10, needed much better editing.

Offline Proto

• Luckiest fox alive
  • Cookies: 230
  • This is super sweet!
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #582 on: January 06, 2016, 09:33:10 am »
Mortdecai
9/10
I was unsure about this movie at first. The premise seemed good enough at the start, but the characters were something I couldn't identify with. However, they quickly grew on me as i realized that they were, in fact, well writen. The theme of the movie is art, and it's something that drives the plot forward at some points, but it's given a background role when the character interactions come into place... Oh yeah. It's also not the kind of movie for those who don't like a lot of sexual humor.
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
:redvelvet:  :pawheart:  :proto:
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
« Reply #583 on: January 06, 2016, 06:22:48 pm »
The Green Mile 10/10

I'm finding alot of great movies in this class. It is another Stephen King story and a really good one too. It is about prison guards during the Great Depression in charge of death row or "the mile" in this case they call it the Green Mile because the floors in the corridor. It can get really intense at times ("I didn't know the sponge was supposed to be wet."). They get a new inmate named John who was convicted of double murder. John is a very tall black man who appears to be mentally challenged. The rest you should see for yourself because how good the movie is.
  • Flag - usa

Offline White-Green Doge

• Rearranging Codes
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 31
  • Code? Code... CODE!!
« Reply #584 on: January 07, 2016, 10:12:50 am »
The things (1982) 7.5/10
I can't eat for a day
« Last Edit: January 07, 2016, 10:15:18 am by Lighty »
Want to know the green doge name? PM me and lets make friends.

Offline Serix

• Lord of The Eclipse
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 120
  • ~*~I am what you see~*~
    • FurAffinity - Serixpaws
    • Twitter - Official_Serix
  • Fursona Species: Wolfsky
« Reply #585 on: January 09, 2016, 11:39:30 pm »
Liar Liar, all time top 5 Jim Carey movie 9.5/10
  • Site Donor
~*~"My persona isnt the only one that has fangs."~*~
~*~ Eclipses ∞ "Moonpiece Be With You"~*~

≈Serix≈

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Cookies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #586 on: January 11, 2016, 02:12:53 am »
Alien VS Ninja
20/10 no questions asked.
Okay so the movie is a Japanese mockbuster sort of thing. It's INCREDIBLY bad. but in the best possible way, because it's just so....ridiculous. And they know the ENTIRE movie is ludicrous so they go with rule of awesome or rule of ridiculous wherever possible, and it's just amazing. The effects are about Super Sentai/Power Rangers quality, but it's also so over the top with fairly realistic gore, that it just feels super camp but super quality at the same time.
Actual rating...9.5/10. The gore was a bit much, but if that doesn't bug you too much, it's a movie that takes being awful on purpose and does it well. Highly recommended if you like a bit of a laugh, and ninjas.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Cookies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
« Reply #587 on: January 11, 2016, 02:39:39 am »
The Hateful Eight
6/10
I walked out in the middle of it because I was so bored
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline Raccoaster

• A second-hand goods enthusiast
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 72
  • Raccoaster is kill
  • Fursona Species: Raccoon
« Reply #588 on: January 21, 2016, 11:55:08 pm »
The Martian- 8/10. Good movie though they did have to cut out a lot of what happened in the book.
Coaster element of the forever :p

Skyrush's stengel dive! The most intense element I have ever experienced that combines unbelievable laterals with thigh crushing airtime. Insane is an understatement.
RIDE POV LINK(Element at 0:41)

Offline Serix

• Lord of The Eclipse
  • Green Level
« Reply #589 on: January 22, 2016, 06:11:19 pm »
Pompoko (i believe that's the spelling.) a lesser known/talked about Studio Ghibli film, It's very quirky, different and unusual, it's got a huge cast of voice actors though, for real! I came in watching it with my fiancee maybe 10 minutes into it and passed out maybe at the last 25 minutes, but I rate it a solid 8/10
  • Site Donor

≈Serix≈

Offline White-Green Doge

• Rearranging Codes
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 31
  • Code? Code... CODE!!
« Reply #590 on: January 22, 2016, 11:31:57 pm »
Let it go~
Let it go~
can't hold it back anymore~~

This movie showed in my local tv somehow
so i'll rate 9,9/10
Want to know the green doge name? PM me and lets make friends.

Offline Dio The Rottie

• Hooah!
  • Yellow Level
  • Cookies: 33
  • Ayyy Lmao
    • FurAffinity - Dasfur22
    • Twitter - @DioTheRott
  • Fursona Species: Rottweiler
« Reply #591 on: January 23, 2016, 12:10:42 am »
Austin Powers Goldmember 3000/.4 It's groovy baby!

"If I can't be the best, I can sure as hell be the worst!"
-JonTron

Offline Flora

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 146
« Reply #592 on: January 23, 2016, 03:59:58 pm »
For Tomorrowland I'd say 8/10, had really great characters and an interesting story. I thought I wouldn't enjoy it but I actually did!
  • Flag - canada
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt silver
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers

Offline Cadmus

• if life ain't just a joke...
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 154
  • ...then why am I laughing?
  • Fursona Species: angel dragon
« Reply #593 on: January 23, 2016, 09:25:54 pm »
seventh son(aka the spooks movie) 2/10
a terrible adaptation from book to film, don't watch it if you've read the spooks series by joseph Delaney. in fact, don't watch it anyway.
it got nothing true to the books except the names. the loyalties of the characters, the relationship between alice and tom, even the fucking spook himself john Gregory! all of it is wrong. remember tusk from the first book? he was a terrifying abhuman who could crush your skull with a flick of his wrist, serving mother malkin to try and kill tom ward before he became a spook. now he works for tom and john as a handyman and does jack shit.
remember how alice and tom took nearly half the series before they even hugged? now it's two conversations about destiny and then off camera boning.
remember how john Gregory was a wise mentor who commanded both fear and respect? how he was harsh to tom but always fair? now he's a drunken asshole who treats tom like dirt.
remember how the spooks were essentially witch hunting do-gooders who helped because it was right? now they have a rich history of knights who only help for coin.
remember the army of evil warriors that look like they're straight out of 300? me neither! but they're in the film.
in summary, they done fucked it up! they get some bonus points for the effects being genuinely pretty, but the way they tore apart the lore of the books and turned it into Michael bay is inexcusable.

sorry for the long and ranty post but I love the spooks series and seeing it handled so poorly is just sad.
  • Pronouns: her, hers, she etc
icon is by awkward rage
pondering if it's safe to eat the pringles since 2000

chibis by nagi

Offline Shia

• Christmas Cutie
  • Cookies: 278
    • DeviantArt - rroad
    • FurAffinity - discomanokit
    • Twitter - discomanokit
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #594 on: January 24, 2016, 11:00:19 am »
SPOILERS (you shouldn't care because it's a terrible movie and wastes your time):

The Visit

1/10

No horror at all, and that mom of the kids did a horrible job acting, with her phony smile and the part when she looked at the fake Nana and Pop Pop and realized their kids were staying with strangers :?

Also, that Nana was so weird, it was obvious she wasn't the real Nana

The fake Nana acted like she was on drugs, it was obvious from the start something was wrong.

The Grandpa even said "Everyone at the cafeteria called me the yahtzee master", something like that. What cafeteria? Obviously the mental hospital cafeteria, which the girl found out at the end when she saw the real grandparents' dead bodies in the basement that "had mold".

The only part I liked was when she snuck up on the hidden camera, and popped up on it. It wasn't that scary, but it was funny.

And also the part when she took the camera and walked to their room with the knife

• Flag - usa
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pronouns: she/her/hers
If you need anything, just ask me! My inbox is always open and I’m more than happy to help.
Avatar by Kipekee and sig emote by Avery

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #595 on: January 25, 2016, 01:44:01 pm »
(Not exactly the last movie I saw but I've been waiting to review it)

Warning Spoilers!

Star Wars the Force Awakens 10/10
It's been out for a month, I thinks it's safe to give out spoilers now. Anyways, I felt like they went with a really obvious plot choice by making Luke disappear/having everyone look for him but I liked it. I feel like if they had tried to go for a really different/unexpected plot it wouldn't have been as good. The CGI was amazing! I also really enjoyed all the action, it had just enough for me and it wasn't too hard to follow or too confusing. I also loved the new characters omg. BB8 was adorable and I totally have a crush on Rey :$ I was so happy that she ended up being a Jedi, I've been hoping for a female Jedi since I saw the first movie and I think they did a great job with Rey. The only thing I didn't really like was Kylo Ren, I was ok with him until he took off that mask. He looks like some awkward goth kid, I couldn't handle it. But overall it was an amazing movie and my favourite Star Wars <3
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #596 on: January 29, 2016, 12:25:17 am »
Fast and Furious 1: 5/10

You really have to be into cars for this to be your thing.  Like, you REALLY have to be into cars to enjoy this a lot.  I mean, if you like fast cars and speed and stuff, you'll probably like half of it, but the other half just sounds like gibberish because it's all car talk!  However, this is just my uneducated opinion!  For a car-lover, this movie's probably a 9 or a 10/10!  I'm just not that into cars...
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Offline Serix

• Lord of The Eclipse
  • Green Level
« Reply #597 on: January 29, 2016, 11:05:31 am »
My Neighbor Totoro: 9/10

It's a cute Studio Ghibli film from 88, it's a early anime movie, definitely, but I felt like it was kinda lacking in the story department.  Maybe if I do some research on the history of the movie and what it trys to get the movie watcher to understand as Studio Ghibli films do.
  • Site Donor

≈Serix≈

Offline Mystic

• Christmas cow
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 831
  • Merry and Bright
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Cow
« Reply #598 on: January 30, 2016, 12:26:21 am »
The Scorch Trials 1/10
I really enjoyed the Maze Runner movie despite not reading the book so I though I was going to enjoy this one too but nope. It was very confusing, im assuming itd make more sense if you were familiar with the novels but since I haven't read them it was hard to follow. However I believe that's a issue with the film rather than me as movies based off books should be able to stand by themselves and make sense to those who haven't read the novels. The plot was also lacking imo, the first movie had the fascinating idea about the maze but this one just kinda seemed like the walking dead, divergent and hunger games smushed into one with poor results. It makes no sense either, what did the cool idea about the maze have to do with anything in this movie? Why would putting the immune kids in a maze for years solve anything? How did they all find their way out if their respected mazes at the exact same time? Why kill the kids for their blood when it clearly only takes a small amount to get a cure so you could keep them alive and have cures every few months like people donating blood instead of killing all the cures at once? Why did the zombies only react to the ceiling lights at the beggining but not the flashlights/sunlight? Why did the darkness not put the zombies to sleep like it did at the beginning of the movie throughout the rest of the movie? It's safe to say I was extremely dissapointed with the explanation they took for the maze and the plot as a whole, their was way to many flaws and mistakes, Also this wasn't a horror movie but the zombie things were terrifying and now I can't sleep so that doesn't help

The Martian 10/10
Ok so I'm not done this yet as it was getting late and I was starting to fall asleep (out of pure tiredness, not boredom) but this movie is amazing so far! Very cool idea and I love the way they executed it. It has the right amount of humour, action, intensity, drama etc and I can't wait to finish it tomorrow
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pride Flag - asexual
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by CupcakeCreature | Signature by Red Velvet

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
« Reply #599 on: February 08, 2016, 01:38:50 am »
Suburbia 1/10

I like punk but I'm not into being a punk or a skinhead so it didn't interest me very much.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2016, 09:54:40 am by Paz »
  • Flag - usa