Author Topic: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!  (Read 51788 times)

Offline Micro

• Red Level
  • Candies: 3
  • Micro Dye
    • Twitter - samrway
  • Fursona Species: Dutch Angel Dragon
Re: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!
« Reply #660 on: June 30, 2016, 08:17:02 pm »
Alice Through the Looking Glass 6.5/10

This movie was ok. I loved the 2010 version so was really excited for this one but everything good from the 2010 version was left out of this. The storyline was cheesy (both the one with the mad hatter and the queens) as was the ending. It lost all the "creepy" feel the first one had which made it unique. They made Alice extremely unrealistic in the real world considering the time period it was set in, there's no way a woman would have been allowed to be captain of a ship or run a company back then. I didn't like Time, he didn't fit well into the world of wonderland I felt. Plus most of the characters felt like they were there just because they were popular from the first movie. Overall I was really dissapointed but it wasn't necessarily bad either

I agree, and I think it's because the 2010 version was done by Tim Burton and this one was done by a completely unknown (that I know of) director who doesn't have the same creepiness as Burton
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - genderfluid
  • Pride Flag - demisexual
  • Pronouns: They/Them/Their

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #661 on: June 30, 2016, 10:14:27 pm »
Warcraft - 5/10

Ehh... Even though I absolutely love fantasy, I've never been a fan of Warcraft lore. I just feel like it kinda scrapes the bottom of the barrel. Sorry. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes

Offline Quote Deimos

• Be gay, totally gay
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 55
  • Be a pride and shining rainbow
    • DeviantArt - Deatox
    • FurAffinity - SeanFox
  • Fursona Species: Skunk
« Reply #662 on: July 03, 2016, 04:47:33 pm »
The Conjuring 2 8.5/10

(No spoilers ahead)

Lots of cliche jumpscares but that's to be expected with a horror movie as that's what makes most of them good, there was ever a few suspenseful moments when nothing happened or jumpscares that I didn't see coming which made it good in my books. The ending however, eh...as much as I love it being based off a true story it's kind of stupid how the movie ends.
  • Flag - canada
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His
Sing while you hear it
Don't deny it
Leave if you can't stand the thought of it

Leave your love letters here!

Icon by me

Offline Paz

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 80
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #663 on: July 24, 2016, 09:43:11 am »
Ghostbusters (2016)
3.5/10
It wasn't that funny but it was entertaining and also Ozzy was in it.
  • Flag - usa

Offline Big Boss

• This fire inside me won't burn out again!
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 71
  • Big. Bloody. Boss
  • Fursona Species: Big Boss
« Reply #664 on: July 24, 2016, 10:10:04 am »
Batman: The Killing Joke
10/10
This film is, in my opinion, one of the best films in the DC animated universe quality wise, and a goddamn STELLAR example of how to take a BRILLIANT comic, my personal favourite comic besides maybe Arkham: A Serious House on Serious Earth, and make it into an animated film. As per usual, the soundtrack and animation were pretty top notch, and Mark Hamill as the Joker is, as always, brilliant. But the fact that they left the core story as pure, intact and just true to the comic as it is is what sells it. The Killing Joke as a comic is a great example of DC having deep villains with complex humanising backstories, and the film follows that without taking away from the aspects that make this particular villain origin story so well done, so deep and, at least to me, sympathetic to the devil that is the Joker, without making him seem less terrifying than he is. Plus it comes with some much needed Batgirl being a badass, which is absolutely something I want seconds of please.
  • Flag - australia
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
Make sure to befriend Badass Big Boss
Discord:Big Boss#1013 Skype: Frantzkrugers

Offline Lepidus Nqabile

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Caracal
« Reply #665 on: July 24, 2016, 04:20:29 pm »
Monty Python and the Holy Grail (1975)
10/10
It was a very funny movie

Offline Rainclaw

• DaB
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 22
    • DeviantArt - Rain-Claw
    • FurAffinity - Rainclaw
    • Twitter - Rain__Claw
    • Weasyl - Rainclaw
  • Fursona Species: fox dragon
« Reply #666 on: July 24, 2016, 04:31:23 pm »
The Purge Election Day

8/10
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - bisexual

| Bisexual l agnostic l FtM l Pisces l Taken l

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #667 on: July 31, 2016, 08:35:36 pm »
Ghostbusters (2016) 9/10
*possible spoilers*
I really enjoyed this movie. I haven't seen the original so I can't compare to that however. It was really funny and entertaining. The ghosts weren't too scary, there wasn't too many fight scenes and all the characters were really cool. Plus Kate McKinnon is really cute, I could have watched her fighting ghosts all day x3

Secret Life of Pets 6/10
I saw this one a week ago but I forgot to review it
*spoilers*
I didn't have high hopes for this movie and it didn't meet them. It was marketed all wrong, I was expecting a funny movie about pets getting in trouble at home, like breaking stuff and having parties. What I got was a generic animal gets lost and tries to find its way home movie, this storyline has been done so many times. It was funny and cute but didn't have much going for it beyond that. It had a HUGE opprotunity to really address the issue of pet abandonment, especially with seasonal pets like rabbits often given as Easter gifts but instead made these animals the bad guys so no one felt bad for them and found them homes at the end putting on the illusion of happy endings when most of these animals end up dying. I know a lot of people want to say "but it's a kid movie" but Finding Dory was able to tackle the issue of animal captivity and Zootopia was able to tackle the issue racism and they were both meant for kids. Secret Life of Pets was made but Illumination, the same company that made the Minions so I guess they're just out to make movies that make kids laugh in which case I guess they're doing an ok job but I definitly prefer movies that have deeper meanings and can appeal to adults too
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Pumpkin Spice Wrex

• Ice or snow,
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • I'm ready to go!
    • FurAffinity - pinkcloud
    • Twitter - MarcSCarless
  • Fursona Species: Sergal
« Reply #668 on: August 01, 2016, 06:07:13 am »
independence day resurgence 6/10
I really had high hopes for this movie, about a week before watching it i had seen the first indepedance day, and I loved it.
However Resurgence just wasnt anything compared to the original, which is to be expected consdiering since its a modern sequal.
THE GOOD:
It added to the original independace day brilliantly, even hinting a reference to the presidents speech near the end of the last film.
The special effects where pretty good.
ALl the new actors introduced did a brilliant job, and the fact that they kept some of the original cast
SPOILERS AHEAD PLEASE DONT READ IF YOU DONT WANT SPOILERS K?
But they killed off will smith (I cannot remember what his character name was for the life of me)
Which is not good, because cmon its will smith! even if he didn't want to do the film, how could you kill him off? He was a massive part of the first film!
THE BAD:
While Jeff Goldblum and the characters father remain in the film, it felt like they where poorly used, their acting was just different, they didn't have the comical banter that they had in the first film.
For those who haven't seen the original, i guess you could watch it and you wouldnt really think anything of it, but considering since ive seen the first one, i didnt like it that much.

• Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His or She/Her/Hers

FT's #1 Train Enthusiast
Icon by Dust

Offline Pumpkin Spice Wrex

• Ice or snow,
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 66
  • I'm ready to go!
    • FurAffinity - pinkcloud
    • Twitter - MarcSCarless
  • Fursona Species: Sergal
« Reply #669 on: August 01, 2016, 06:48:20 am »
10/10
Monty Python is amazing, I love you for watching it.
"WE, ARE THE NIGHTS, WHO SAAAAAY, NI!"
  • Flag - britain
  • Pride Flag - bisexual
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His or She/Her/Hers

FT's #1 Train Enthusiast
Icon by Dust

Offline Pip ♤

• You see everything when the world doesn't see you
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 181
  • When she's near me all the world is new
    • DeviantArt - queerfloof
    • FurAffinity - queerfloof
  • Fursona Species: squak
« Reply #670 on: August 01, 2016, 08:07:13 am »
Uhm
I'm gonna sound really stupid for this but
Finding Dory
I'm a big fan of ocean life o3o

7/10
The story was kinda boring, but I was really amazed with the animation. Both Piper and the actual movie were absolutely beautiful. I thought the short was better than the movie though :V
  • Flag - usa
  • Pride Flag - transgender
  • Pride Flag - graysexual
  • Pronouns: he/him/his

♧ There'll always be a few things, maybe several things, that you're gonna find really difficult to forgive ♧
my mind 24/7

Offline Lepidus Nqabile

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Fursona Species: Caracal
« Reply #671 on: August 01, 2016, 09:24:04 am »
10/10
Monty Python is amazing, I love you for watching it.
"WE, ARE THE NIGHTS, WHO SAAAAAY, NI!"
"Please... please no more! We will find you a shrubbery."

Offline Kambo

• Personally knew Abe Lincoln
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 85
  • True story.
    • DeviantArt - kamboblack
    • FurAffinity - harlan
    • Twitter - kamboblack
    • Weasyl - harlan
    • Unfinished Portfolio Site :(
  • Fursona Species: Grey fox
« Reply #672 on: August 10, 2016, 01:09:40 am »
Batman V Superman - ★☆☆☆☆
 :batman: :drunken: :guns:

The Good - The actors all did really well in their roles. Ben Affleck makes a pretty good Batman. I had a little trouble seeing Jesse Eisenberg as Lex Luthor, until I started thinking of him as Lex Luthor Jr. Like Harry Osborn vs Norman Osborn. Once I pictured him like that, I loooved him!

The Bad - It was pretty hard to follow. It was really long and cuts from scene to scene went all over the place, and it was just really exhausting to watch. Plus that whole apocalyptic scene randomly in the middle? What even was that? It was totally unnecessary.

The Other Bad - This bit isn't on the movie, it's my own tastes, but I still think it needs to be said. Superman is my all-time favorite superhero, hands-down. Always will be. I loved Superman because of those really old Saturday morning cartoons my parents found a copy of in the bargain bin. I loved Superman because of the comics from the 60s. Superman to me meant a utopian story, where the criminals got caught, the citizen was saved, and Truth, Justice, and the American Way was upheld. I don't care what planet he came from, what his real name is, or who his regular enemies are - I just cared that there was a new story I could watch or read that showed examples of good triumphing, and the baddies getting what was coming to them. Bottom line, Superman to me is a symbol more than a character. Showing a movie with Superman in any realistic light makes that point moot though. Granted, that means I'm naturally inclined to dislike dramatic portrayals of him in movies, and I do. But it reallllllly grinds my gears that he spent most of this movie looking like the enemy.
/rant

The Ugly - The Doomsday monster. Came out of nowhere, right? And how on earth did it turn from regular Doomsday into gargantuan, unkillable, eats-nukes Doomsday?
  • Award - Beta Tester
Feel free to PM me, I don't bite! I reserve that treatment for sushi and pretzels.

Fursona References (Kambo and Camille)

Offline ZFox

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
    • Twitter - ZackHolliday
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #673 on: August 11, 2016, 11:08:46 am »
I just saw Suicide Squad and I give it about a 7/10.
I think that all the actors did a good job at being their characters, from what they were given by the producers and or directors. Soundtrack was great, threw in plenty of classic rock in there. It gave off a pretty good DC vibe, Harley and the Joker really stole the show. I will criticize the pacing, though. I don't really think that the story laid out smoothly, scenes just changed one after another with somewhat poor transitions. I never read the comics, but overall I think the movie wasn't that bad, pretty cool.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His (Male)

Offline Vesper

• It's all shits and giggles until someone giggles and shits :]
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 17
  • I'm almost afraid of the man I've grown into
  • Fursona Species: German Shepherd
« Reply #674 on: August 20, 2016, 11:09:09 am »
Sausage Party, 8.5/10.
Sausage Party had lots of childish humor (sexual references, racism, lots of profanity, etc.), but ti was still a very enjoyable movie.

The ending tho...
  • Flag - mexico
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His/It

Offline Proto

• YES
  • Candies: 224
  • Wonder what happens if you do the when but not if
    • DeviantArt - TinyProto
    • FurAffinity - tinyproto
  • Fursona Species: Gray Fox
« Reply #675 on: August 20, 2016, 11:34:47 pm »
The Secret Life Of Pets
9/10
Pretty funny movie. Was very adorable at the right time and a few times it knew how to pull at my heartstrings. It's just a movie aimed for kids, so it doesn't really get very deep. I also quite enjoyed the voice actors (I watched the latin america dub), and some of them really added to their character
  • Flag - mexico
  • Site Donor
~~Heart completely belongs to Red Velvet~~
Taking on commissions!
 Here are my prices

"Have you gone yoicks?!" - Soren, Guardians of Ga'hoole

Offline ZFox

• Red Level
  • Candies: 2
    • Twitter - ZackHolliday
  • Fursona Species: Red Fox
« Reply #676 on: August 21, 2016, 10:36:51 am »
So, I saw Fight Club for the first time and I was wowed. Very well filmed, paced, and edited. I definitely didn't see that ending coming and I appreciate psychological pieces of writing or film. Very good overall, I'm glad I've finally seen it. Perhaps a 9/10 or 9.5/10.
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His (Male)

Offline nastybread

• Green Level
  • Candies: 59
  • go home, tatsumaki
  • Fursona Species: Canine
« Reply #677 on: August 21, 2016, 08:50:28 pm »
Sharknado
?/10
To be honest, I'm not sure if I liked it or not. I guess it was so bad that it was good.
  • Pride Flag - pansexual
  • Pride Flag - nonbinary
  • Pronouns: They/them/their

:lgbtheart: Taken by Pyra :lgbtheart:

Offline Amelia

• Candy Witch
  • Administrator
  • Candies: 813
  • Boo
    • FurAffinity - MysticSolstice
    • Twitter - MysticSolstice
  • Fursona Species: Kangaroo
« Reply #678 on: September 04, 2016, 06:57:07 pm »
Jen and the Holograms 5/10

I LOVE the song Young Blood so was really excited when I saw this movie on tv but boy was it a disappointment. I'm not familiar with the original tv show so maybe I'm just not getting the references but really if you're making a movie about a tv show from over a decade ago it should be able to stand alone. It felt like they just slapped two separate plots together (the superstar one and the robot one) and they did not work at all together.
  • Award - Beta Tester
  • Flag - canada
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: She/Her/Hers
  • Award - Graphic Artist

| ToyHou.se | ThisCrush | Q&A |
Icon by Serena | Signature by SpazzCraft

Offline Sirius the Manokit

• Bork
  • Blue Level
  • Candies: 137
  • Shark fox :V
    • DeviantArt - vexlynx
    • FurAffinity - Emily-Vex
    • Twitter - vexcaracal
    • Weasyl - vexcaracal
    • Tumblr
  • Fursona Species: Manokit
« Reply #679 on: September 06, 2016, 02:52:13 pm »
Hell or High Water - 8/10

I really really enjoyed it! I really liked how it incorporated a lot of old Western elements with modern-day stuff, I thought it was pretty cool! I also like how there was no clear protagonist or antagonist, you're kinda rooting for everyone.  :fox-:P:
Only things I didn't like about it were that it got kinda repetitive after a while, and there were a couple of periods of time where you were just waaaaaaaaaiting for something to happen, and nothing happened. XP
Also, I thought the ending was kinda lackluster. Maybe if they'd cut it back a little and just left out the last scene it'd have been better. :P
  • Award - Easter Egg Hunt participant
  • Pride Flag - pansexual

We all go a little mad sometimes