Author Topic: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!  (Read 52222 times)

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 143
  • The Roo abides
    • FurAffinity - drakethefox
  • Fursona Species: Foxaroo
Rate the Last Movie You Saw!
« on: December 25, 2013, 07:40:27 pm »
Got this thread from another forum I frequent :3
Basically, rate the last movie you saw!

The Book Thief
8/10
I liked this movie a lot. It was pretty well-done and I got pretty involved in the story even though I've never read the book.
  • Pronouns: him
We breathe in the heat of the eternal flame, the warmth of desert sands.
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.
We are enveloped in the radiance of the cosmos.
And we are the center, the bridge between realms.

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
Re: Rate the Last Movie You Saw!
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 11:09:59 am »
I saw Anchorman 2 and I give it a 8/10.

It was a great movie that lived up to the hype. It was great, and crazy, just like the first. I feel that at times they tried too much to make it crazy. I still ended up laughing hysterically at every joke. They did it REALLY well.

There were a few scenes from trailers that were not in the movie though. Which made me kinda upset. And I was mad that the "antagonist/villain" never really got a proper punishment. The ending was also kind of poorly done in my opinion. The entire movie was really great, and then the ending was just a cheap laugh.

Go see this movie! But be warned- see the first Anchorman beforehand! Please! There's too many things you won't understand.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • The Roo abides
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2013, 02:31:01 pm »
I saw Anchorman 2 and I give it a 8/10.

It was a great movie that lived up to the hype. It was great, and crazy, just like the first. I feel that at times they tried too much to make it crazy. I still ended up laughing hysterically at every joke. They did it REALLY well.

There were a few scenes from trailers that were not in the movie though. Which made me kinda upset. And I was mad that the "antagonist/villain" never really got a proper punishment. The ending was also kind of poorly done in my opinion. The entire movie was really great, and then the ending was just a cheap laugh.

Go see this movie! But be warned- see the first Anchorman beforehand! Please! There's too many things you won't understand.
never seen the first Anchorman :C
We submerge into the waters of the Mystery, giving thanks for the cleansing rains.

Offline Akio Leopard

• ^~^
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 63
  • Icon by Ziggyzoom
    • DeviantArt - AkioLeopard
    • FurAffinity - AkioLeopard
  • Fursona Species: Snow Leopard
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 05:04:27 pm »
Saw Sharknado with two of my friends. And it's....either horrible or amazing, depending on what you're looking for.

If you're looking for a good movie with a nice plot, this is the worst movie you could possibly watch. It's horrible. The fragment of a story makes no sense at best, and there is absolutely nothing logical in the movie. It feels like it was written in about 30 minutes by a random drunk person.
With this viewpoint, it gets a 1/10, because there is a plot...it's just horrible and hardly ever makes sense.

If you're looking for a movie to have a good laugh at, this movie is perfect. As long as you're watching it just to laugh at how bad it is, it's pretty enjoyable. It's so bad it's funny.
With this viewpoint, I give it a 9.5/10  Me and my friends enjoyed laughing at it.
Feel free to PM me or message me on Skype. I like to talk, and as long as I'm not busy I'm happy to chat anytime :lol-fox:
(But I'm kind of awkward so you'll have to message me first)

~I don't even know what I was gonna put here~

Offline TIGER

• Blue Level
  • Candies: 222
  • :03
    • Twitter - tidaltiger
    • tumblr
  • Fursona Species: surprisingly, not a tiger?
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 05:15:52 pm »
THG - Catching Fire was at least a 9/10 for me omg

It deviated a little from the books, but because there was such a gap between the time i read it and the time i watched the movie, i honestly didn't realise until I went home and reread it. The movie was so intense and pulled you right into the story, it felt like me and my friend had had an out of body experience when it ended and we stood up to leave the cinema :P
I feel like the death of Mags and Cinna was a little underdone, considering how upset i was when i read it, when i watched it i was like... Oh that's so sad... is that it....
It did, however, flow a lot easier than the book did, and i found it much easier to follow than the book. I hope that happens for the next movie too, mockingjay was so cluttered @__@

But yeah, overall such an intense movie and i am so pumped for the next one!
  • Site Donor
  • Pride Flag - gay
  • Pronouns: she/they
  • Award - Graphic Artist
do your best today! ☀

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • The Roo abides
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2013, 05:19:24 pm »

It deviated a little from the books, but because there was such a gap between the time i read it and the time i watched the movie, i honestly didn't realise until I went home and reread it. The movie was so intense and pulled you right into the story, it felt like me and my friend had had an out of body experience when it ended and we stood up to leave the cinema :P
I feel like the death of Mags and Cinna was a little underdone, considering how upset i was when i read it, when i watched it i was like... Oh that's so sad... is that it....
It did, however, flow a lot easier than the book did, and i found it much easier to follow than the book. I hope that happens for the next movie too, mockingjay was so cluttered @__@

wait I didn't know that they dragged Cinna way to kill him :C
I had like a major crush on Cinna too x.x

I loved that film though even if I didn't read the book xD

Futurama: Bender's Big Score 8/10
not as good as the original seasons of Futurama but still I enjoyed seeing some more Futurama

Offline Swift the Panther

• If you follow my advice you're either incredibly courageous or an incredible idiot.
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 23
  • Fursona Species: Panther
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2013, 05:44:25 pm »
The Great Gatsby     8/10

It was really quite good. A bit dull at times, but good. A bit of a hitch for me was the choice of music in comparison to the date when the story occurred. A lot of the music they played was dub-step, pop, or rap. It didn't fit at all and was extremely noticeable.
Dear all,
I am no longer active on this site and would ask that none of you send friend requests/chat invites/etc. to whatever account of mine you may find. Thank you.

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
  • Fursona Species: Wolf
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2013, 07:59:07 pm »

wait I didn't know that they dragged Cinna way to kill him :C
I had like a major crush on Cinna too x.x

*sigh*... we need a spoiler alert for these kind of things. And a warning, SPOILER ALERT FOR MY ENTIRE REVIEW AFTER THE RATING

ANYWAY Catching fire: 8.5/10

Its amazing, drama WAS there, but there were two things that kind of stood out for me. First of all, the beginning was not good at all and they never really explained Katniss' PTSD from the games. it was kind of there as a one off thing that people who haven't watched the first movie or read the first book would understand. The movie did flow really nicely, and i did cry at Mags' death. but it COULD have been done a bit better. But they did do the ending MUCH better than i thought given the ending to the second book
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)

Offline Jethro

• Engineer
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 179
  • Yeah. Alright. Ok.
    • FurAffinity - Jethro4747
  • Fursona Species: Chow/Collie
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2013, 01:42:35 am »
I recently saw Catching Fire and give it a 9/10. It, along with the original Hunger Games followed the book pretty well. More than I have seen most movies based off of books do. One thing that I find interesting is the actor choice for the movies. When I read the book, the author provided no indication on race or age of some characters. So I just assumed them to be white, male, 20-25 years old. And then Cinna and and Rue/Thresh/Bolts are black! It's just like, kind of interesting. And I totally pictured Finnick more mature and older than what the movie showed.

I saw The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug yesterday. They were both incredible movies. Watching Bilbo's progression as a character is really interesting. And Smaug is a damn sexy dragon. I said nothing.

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • The Roo abides
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2013, 01:55:14 am »
And Smaug is a damn sexy dragon.
shit now I'm going to be looking for the wrong things when I go see that movie tomorrow

Offline Jaze

• Furry forever.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 20
  • The car is just an extension of the pilot.
    • FurAffinity - Nightfury84
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2013, 02:51:49 am »
Yup, the last "The Hobbit" is amazing. It's been a while since I had seen a movies that great. Backgrounds are simply magnificient, and special effects are excellent. And Smaug is indeed really awesome.
Lupus sano in corpore sano.
Xbox live: Jaze Wolfcraig
I really love talking! Add me if you want.

Offline TehBWFerret

• Will do ferret things for dream trip to Japan/UK/Anthrocon
  • Yellow Level
  • Candies: 17
  • Hug every fursuiter! :D
  • Fursona Species: Ferret
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2013, 02:31:27 pm »
A Madea Christmas 5/10
My family forced me to see this with them. A generic christmas movie plot intertwined with ratings-trap cameos by Larry the Cable Guy, Sweet Brown, and that "Hide yo kids, hide you wife" guy.
It is what others know not about us that allows us to know ourselves.

Icon by Satellite!

Offline wreckgar39

• Red Level
  • Candies: 4
  • "Kept ya waiting huh?"
  • Fursona Species: A corgi.
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2013, 07:01:00 pm »
Saving Mr. Banks- 9.5/10

Saving Mr. Banks felt like an ode to Walt Disney and how it was like back when he was around. There were some truly comical moments as well as emotional ones, which were balanced quite well to my surprise. The film not only covered the story of adapting Mary Poppins as a Disney film, but it also addressed Mrs. Travers' story, a rather depressing one at that. The flashbacks are confusing at first, but then you see how they line up and define the woman that Mrs. P. L. Travers is. Both Tom Hanks and Emma Thompson did an extremely good job with their roles alongside the rest of the cast. The only thing that I can say about the movie that I did not like was that at first the flashbacks seem not confusing, but rather out of place if you do not know Mrs. Travers' past, but it is a very minor nitpick. Needless to say, Saving Mr. Banks was a brilliant film and it helps to breathe life into both a well known author with a depressing tale to tell outside of her books, and the man who's ambitions were to bring joy and laughter to both children and adults for generations to come. I highly recommend this movie to you if you are a fan of anything Disney, or just looking for a fun movie.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 07:05:44 pm by wreckgar39 »
  • Pronouns: He/Him/His

Offline Drakefoxaroo

• Desert Dweller
  • Purple Level
  • The Roo abides
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2014, 02:01:06 pm »
2001: A Space Odyssey: 10/10
One of the best films of the century. I shouldn't need to explain why, because it's Stanley Kubrik.

Offline Ho-oknight

• The Shapeshrifting Samurai Tiger
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 4
  • Please to meet you, I'm Drevis Kokoro.
    • FurAffinity - Ultimoknight
  • Fursona Species: Siberian Tabby Tiger
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2014, 02:35:45 pm »
47 Ronin- 8.6/10

It's a great movie, and I am a fan of samurai movies.
:staffedit-multi:
« Last Edit: January 06, 2014, 02:40:35 pm by Gage »
Don't take my swordman skills so easily, I have years of experience that only a well-trained master can have.

Offline Teapot

• Purple Level
  • Candies: 139
  • I'm full of coffee
  • Fursona Species: Catahoula Leopard Dog
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2014, 05:06:07 pm »
Plague dogs 9/10

This film for me is a lot like watership down in the sense that when I rewatched it yesterday after at least eight years it was not how I remembered it at all.
Basically two dogs escape from a research laboratory and go on the run, being hunted by the government as they fear they carry a form of plague. That's the plot in a nutshell - generic I know but the plot isn't what makes the film good. For a start the animation is fantastic as the art style really gives the film the darker, harsher edge that makes it unique.
Then come the characters. The two main ones are a black labrador who is old and thinks he remembers everything about the outside world, then there is the young jack russel who is less cautious and understanding about the world. He also appears to suffer schizophrenic episodes and hallucinations evey now and then.
I'm not going to lie in places it's horrible. I won't tell you the details but there are many unexpected shocks throughout the film. But seriously - watch it.
-inspirational quote-

(Avatar by Shia)

Offline GrayWolf

• A lone wolf, but one with many friends.
  • Green Level
  • Candies: 35
  • Love is not life; love enhances life~Green Fairy
  • Fursona Species: Timber Wolf
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2014, 08:31:28 pm »
Catching Fire

I think it's even better than the Hunger Games. It hypes the drama, the acting, cinematography, effects, everything!

9/10!  :fox-;):
I consider myself a lone wolf, but I don't mind a friend or two to talk with. I also happen to be a writer.

"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." ~Ray Bradbury

Offline Access Denied

• Got Wheels and Gone
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 213
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2014, 08:36:23 pm »
Inception, a movie played by Leonardo DiCaprio and Marion Cottilard.

This was to me a moving, well acted, part science-fiction, part heist and part love story which won 4 Academy Awards.

10/10

Offline Drez

• Friendly Neighborhood Dusky Shark!
  • Orange Level
  • Candies: 15
  • I love you~
    • FurAffinity - Mollyrs
    • Twitter - @Dynageist
  • Fursona Species: Shark
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2014, 11:50:23 pm »
Paranorman. 9.5/10. Really great and entertaining film for geeks. Got a kick out of the animation
Like a Sky Tower hanging high in the cloudy night

Offline MessedThoughts

• If you think this title has been changing, you're going crazy
  • Purple Level
  • Candies: 273
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2014, 11:57:53 pm »
Frozen
8.5/10

skipped a song or two, kinda had the climax ruined because of reddit >.< Ignoring that, it was great
Icon done by @NikiSerenko (twitter) // Nicnak044 (FA)