Author Topic: Starbound  (Read 403 times)

Offline zspartancats

• Spartan
  • Blue Level
  • Cookies: 59
  • I AM A RHINO!
    • DeviantArt - zspartancats
    • FurAffinity - zspartancats
    • LiveJournal - zspartancats
  • Fursona Species: Rhino
Starbound
« on: December 25, 2013, 09:55:05 pm »
Has anyone played Starbound? I wanted to start a discussion about this amazing little game. If you haven't heard of Starbound, it is a Sci-Fi 2-D free-roaming sandbox game about exploring strange and dangerous planets on the PC. Imagine Terraria with planet exploration! It is currently on steam for $14.99!

The best part about this game is the randomness of the planet generator. My starting planet was home to a prison colony that was over ran by the prisoners. Which game me a delightful obstacle to over come!

I would love to hear your stories and adventures on Starbound!

Offline Blaidd

• Blue Level
  • Cookies: 101
  • Fursona Species: a piece of fecal matter
Re: Starbound
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 10:02:36 pm »
Ooh, yes! I actually just got it last week and I love it so much! It's like a mashup of Terraria and FTL, both of which I enjoy greatly!

My first character was a blue Avian female named Bailey! The first planet I explored had almost no trees except for a few that just so happened to be on the opposite side of a Glitch castle full of knights. -.- Also, I could find almost no iron for the life of me. Life was hard for my little blue bird-girl!;n;

I definitely plan on playing it more! It really is a fun little game!
  • Pronouns: They/Them He/Him

Offline Will

• British Mouse
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 43
  • meh, none of you gave a shit
  • Fursona Species: Mouse
Re: Starbound
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 10:23:53 pm »
I got a key for £4 off a friend and thought I would give it a try. I have a robot and I feel like I've gotten really lucky with what I have found on my starting planet, getting a flaming sword after-all :D.

Can't wait to get the chance to play it more :D.
"To the world you may just be one person, but to one person you may mean the world."-Brandi Snyder